What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

RCZ Spare Alloy Wheel "Kit"

A

Anonymous

race0360 said:
Yes this will fit the RCZ with 19" wheels

Mine are 19" and it fits front & Rear perfect. Drives and handles OK with it on under 50mph.

great, that's what I needed to know :D did you go to Jag for the wheel or Ebay?

A

Anonymous

Got mine off E-bay £70.00. There are 4 on there now BUT have incorrect tyre size.

Jaguar breakers are your next call but they will want at least £120.00 plus delivery.

Remember you need the correct tyre size which is 135/80 x 18", all on E-bay at present are correct alloy but wrong tyre size.

You can not get the correct tyre from a tyre dealer no one stocks it. I have tried with no luck

A

Anonymous

Hi
Before you laugh i am a women and do not like thinking to much so in easy words what is the best space saving wheel to have my wheels are standard 18inch. could you pretty please tell me where and what the part numbers are. please please.

A

Anonymous

Just wondering when I read and look at pic's of jaguar alloy spacesaver 135/80 18 rim &tire assembly .are owners using the rcz bolts to attach jaguar alloy rim? I understand hole size is 19.1 on jaguar rim and is the taper on rcz bolt pulling up enough on face of rim.I'm interested how or are you needing to use other bolts. Also looking at a 508 model rim 2011which use 135/80 18 tyre do people find this a better choice .thanks & cheers from N.Z.

A

Anonymous

I have the Jag space saver and have used the RCZ wheel bolts with no problems

A

Anonymous

Personally, until Peugeot come up with a seriously viable alternative, I'm going with the Jag XF option and going to do a bit of DIY on the diameter of the wheel. It's only a get you home option after all and I'd rather drive home at 30mph than sit at the side of the road for ages or use the gunk supplied

A

Anonymous

Tweedie said:
Personally, until Peugeot come up with a seriously viable alternative, I'm going with the Jag XF option and going to do a bit of DIY on the diameter of the wheel. It's only a get you home option after all and I'd rather drive home at 30mph than sit at the side of the road for ages or use the gunk supplied

Just playing devil's advocate for the moment, you raise an interesting option with the Jag spare wheel, but what happens if you are involved in an accident with the Jag (non Peugeot approved) spare wheel in place, how would an insurance company view this ?

A

Anonymous

:wave: :thumbup: thanks to all who have given advice about using a jag space saver and rcz bolts. Very helpful thanks. To mr shiney.. There would be no prob with the compressor and glue if we lived in europe..however when living in nz and we can travel upto 200 km without reaching any sort of service centre..it becomes a bit of an issue! ( great roads to travel though!) so we thought better safe than sorry!

A

Anonymous

mr shiney said:
Whats wrong with the compressor and foam out of interest?
In a word CONFIDENCE. I used it once on my TT it failed to work and ran out of the tyre all over the AA flatbed that brought my car home. :thumbdown: (and no the hole was not a gaping cavern)

A

Anonymous

I'm thinking very long & hard about what option to go for here. I holiday in Scotland 2 or 3 times a year & visit Mull & the "1track" west coast roads for their lonely quiet aspect, so puncturing in these circumstances could be a problem. Also getting a replacement tyre could take days (i'm on 19s).
So i'm thinking to go down the original alloy route(or one of the same dimensions) , so as to be able to get back home without further work or cost.
One thing that has not yet surfaced here is that as on the RCZ & every other performance car these days,the tyres are directional. So failing to find a non-directional tyre of the same size, your still lumbered with changing 2 wheels if the flat is on the wrong side !

IDIEAS ?

Cheers,
Mike.

A

Anonymous

kentdriver said:
I'm thinking very long & hard about what option to go for here. I holiday in Scotland 2 or 3 times a year & visit Mull & the "1track" west coast roads for their lonely quiet aspect, so puncturing in these circumstances could be a problem. Also getting a replacement tyre could take days (i'm on 19s).
So i'm thinking to go down the original alloy route(or one of the same dimensions) , so as to be able to get back home without further work or cost.
One thing that has not yet surfaced here is that as on the RCZ & every other performance car these days,the tyres are directional. So failing to find a non-directional tyre of the same size, your still lumbered with changing 2 wheels if the flat is on the wrong side !

IDIEAS ?

Cheers,
Mike.

No need just get a tyre for the spare wheel you have :thumbup: inside or outside it does not matter as you need to change 2 tyres then and exchange either back to front or vice versa from whatever end you get a puncture from its seriously unlikely that you will get 2 puncture on the same side of the car

A

Anonymous

The jag space saver option has a non directional tyre fitted to it. It would get you out of a fix in the highlands but would not recommend driving all the way home from Scotland to kent on a space saver.

Most tyre people will get you a tyre within 24 hrs depending on what you want to pay for the tyre.

A

Anonymous

jassyo06 said:
its seriously unlikely that you will get 2 puncture on the same side of the car
I did. Car was left at side of the road overnight as a result :thumbdown:

A

Anonymous

OO58RON said:
jassyo06 said:
its seriously unlikely that you will get 2 puncture on the same side of the car
I did. Car was left at side of the road overnight as a result :thumbdown:

:wtf: :( lUCKY WHITE HEATHER RONALDO :wtf:

A

Anonymous

It's not that difficult really. If you run over something then you will get both tyres punctured. :thumbdown:

A

Anonymous

Seems that i was incorrect in saying that the Conti 3 is a directional tyre, it just states on the sidewall "outside" with NO arrows, so that's not now a problem.
So my solution is to obtain a 19" alloy from Peugeot (or a cheaper alternative from a large wheel retailer) & get it fitted with a new Conti 3, again from a discount retailer.
I realise that to fit it in the boot well it'll need deflating, but for my purposes & being 100% legal it's worth it, if only for peace of mind !
Cheers to all that replied to my post. Everyone will see this problem in different way, the way that suits them !

Mike.

A

Anonymous

I have the full size 19" Soltice in my boot well, slightly deflated it fits in snuggly, just use the tyre pump to re-inflate it slightly once you have swapped it over. Simples :thumbup:

My pump, jack, wrench all sit in the wheel wrapped in bubble wrap.

A

Anonymous

Just been down the same route myself jactac. Been keeping an eye out on eBay for a couple of months and we have now found a newly refurbed 19" Solstice for £150 and a part worn tyre for £45!. The tyre is perfectly good and has around 6mm of tread. Picking up the wheel in a couple of weeks time. I was somewhat reluctant to pay between £500-£600 for a new wheel and tyre that is just going to sit in the boot. So a good compromise which we are both happy with :dance:

A

Anonymous

Why not use holts tyre weld I took the run flats of my bimmer and replaced them with continental Conti sport have a puncture in rear drivers for 5 months now and it's still driving perfectly even thou it's only supposed to be tempory fix and halfords selling 2 tins for 19 wheels for £9.99 as buy one get one free