What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

RCZ Spare Alloy Wheel "Kit"

A

Anonymous

I would personally like a little more info. But for now I will report the facts as I know them from the literature that I collected from Peugeot HQ today.

The wheel kit includes Wheel fix plate, Support screw and storage box. Cost £52.82

Alloy Wheel:- Dependent on your vehicle style, an alloy wheel and tyre is included. £235.03 - £309.06

The flyer also states "requires tyre" 1 x Continental - - contisportcontact 3 (18" R)

I think this all means that we can now have a full size wheel & tyre in our boots and all the tools for around £300. COUNT ME IN :thumbup: But we have 19" wheels? Does this work for front and rear? Is it a short term "get me home" affair, or is it a replacement? So close to getting THE solution. But wasn't able to grab someone to question them about what was on display.

A

Anonymous

It is a sort of fix but the boot linning still does not fit flush over the spare wheel. If you can live with that its a good fix.

Personally I am still looking around at other options.

I would think Peugeot who are regulars on this forum would answer your question better than a dealer.

A

Anonymous

That is what I am hoping for race. I will learn as well as informing other members what is now available.

I didn't notice that the boot lining didn't fit. I thought that it did.

A

Anonymous

When I pushed the linning down it was about 2cm proud or about an 1" in English. That why I spoke to another forum member there who has the 407 steel wheel as a spare to see how that fitted.

Davie

Reaction score
I have 19ins Soltice,take out boot lining deflate tyre, it fits in well,easy to reinflate tyre when required.

Davie

Reaction score
The front brake discs are larger than the rear.

A

Anonymous

Peugeot have evaluated two spare wheel options for the Peugeot RCZ. Both options use the existing spare wheel well but require the removal of the polystyrene storage tray. To locate the jack and associated tools the spare wheel storage tray and fittings normally supplied with the Peugeot 308 Hatchback need to be purchased.

With the standard 18" and 19" wheel option the spare wheel does, however, protrude slightly above the spare wheel well but the extra height is easily accommodated by the boot carpet, which still sits flat on top of the wheel. Small rubber spacers can be fitted below the carpet to further support the boot carpet if required

For information the wheel displayed during the RCZ open day was raised up to make the lower fixing visible and, therefore, protruded further than normal.

If the 19" option is chosen the tyre needs to be deflated to around 1 bar to be accommodated into the spare wheel well, this action is not required for the standard 18" wheel. Therefore, for the 19" option the standard vehicle tyre compressor needs to be retained to re-inflate the tyre. The compressor has two operating positions, ‘sealant’ or ‘air’. By switching to "air", the tyre can be easily inflated when required back to the correct pressure.

A

Anonymous

Can anyone at Peugeot answer why a 407 space saver wheel is on back order and is now over 6 weeks since i ordered it.I have bought and paid for the seperate tyre.As i have gone down this road i will stick with this option , luck enough no puncture.I have tried many many scrap yards over the country without success of a second hand one.Any help greatly appreciated.

A

Anonymous

So as far as I am concerned this extra is a must. I had requested one when I placed the order for Pearl2. Obviously at the time it was not an option. :thumbdown: So please tell me that when I order my 19" wheel, will it be a 5th wheel? Ie will it replace any wheel and be able to be left in place as well as be used as if it was an original? Finally as this will be an alloy wheel and stored good side down in order to store the jack and tyre inflater pump, will it end up scratched to blazes?

A

Anonymous

OO58RON said:
So as far as I am concerned this extra is a must. I had requested one when I placed the order for Pearl2. Obviously at the time it was not an option. :thumbdown: So please tell me that when I order my 19" wheel, will it be a 5th wheel? Ie will it replace any wheel and be able to be left in place as well as be used as if it was an original? Finally as this will be an alloy wheel and stored good side down in order to store the jack and tyre inflater pump, will it end up scratched to blazes?

The Jag space saver i have fits fine , i have 19" wheel and it fits even with the larger front calipers np.See attached pics

Attachments

• P9290079.JPG
    P9290079.JPG
    117.8 KB · Views: 3,660
  • P9290082.JPG
    P9290082.JPG
    126 KB · Views: 3,661
A

Anonymous

OO58RON said:
Finally as this will be an alloy wheel and stored good side down in order to store the jack and tyre inflater pump, will it end up scratched to blazes?

I have a full size alloy spare on my 207, it's not got any scratches on it being kept in the boot.

If you do get an alloy spare, you could always line the hole with an old towel or something??

A

Anonymous

Mickeyv60 I take my hat off to you. This is the best solution yet.

It fits in the boot and you can use it back & Front. None of the p----ing around swopping backs to fronts. Boot liner fits flush. why couldn't Peugeot come up with this instead of the after thought which costs you £320.00 plus.

Well done mate.

A

Anonymous

hi mikeyv60 great idea jag space saving wheel can you tell me part number and price had a space saver on order from peugeot for 4 months ihave given up waiting they just dont seem interested cheers :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

Thank you Mikeyv60 all sorted now,XF Jag bright red space saver fits in bootwell(just) with jack etc and compressor.Whole lot from various ebay sites and centre hole bored locally .And yes as you say fits front and back of the car.
Cancelled 407 space saver rim with Peugeot after being on back order since we have owned the car.
Excellent result-forum at its best.

A

Anonymous

Thanks MickeyV60

All sorted now Jaguar XF spacesaver red alloy, tool kit and machining £90.00. Plus it fits back and front and does not sit proud of boot linning.

Why O Why haven't Peugeot done this from the start, instead of the after thought they have now come up with.

Word of warning if anybody else is thinking of doing it. The jaguar XF space saver comes in two tyre sizes. The correct one is 135/80x18"

A

Anonymous

race0360 said:
Thanks MickeyV60

Word of warning if anybody else is thinking of doing it. The jaguar XF space saver comes in two tyre sizes. The correct one is 135/80x18"

Is that as a direct replacement for the 18" or 19" Pug alloy? Sorry is that a really daft question??? :eusa-think:

A

Anonymous

No its not a direct replacement.

Its a space saver wheel

The alloy wheel has to have the centre hole machine out to 65.1mm then it can be used as a spare to get you home or to a tyre repair centre.

NOT to be used as a every day wheel.

A

Anonymous

race0360 said:
No its not a direct replacement.

Its a space saver wheel

The alloy wheel has to have the centre hole machine out to 65.1mm then it can be used as a spare to get you home or to a tyre repair centre.

NOT to be used as a every day wheel.

Yes I do know that! :roll: :roll: But can I use it when all my other wheels are the 19" ones? Or is the SPACESAVER to match the 18" wheels???

A

Anonymous

Yes this will fit the RCZ with 19" wheels

Mine are 19" and it fits front & Rear perfect. Drives and handles OK with it on under 50mph.