What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Rcz R service

A

Anonymous

Hi all,

Wondered what any of you fellow R owners have been charged for a service. Message on my dash to say 8weeks notice. Guessing this will be oil and spark plugs done.

Thanks in advance

Joe

RCZIain

Staff member
Reaction score
I service my cars every year regardless of mileage.
I got my RCZ last may and did a service myself (plugs, air filter, cabin filter)barring the oil and filter. Which was £50. I've just had it done again last week after 9k.
I'll probably get it done in another 9/10k.
If it was a diesel I wouldn't worry so much, but given how the thp will break if you look at it funny I'd rather prevent a problem than fix one.
I'm also going to change the gearbox oil next week, if it stops raining.

Sent from my VFD 710 using Tapatalk

Stu8

Reaction score
Don't pay exaggerated garage fees and do it yourself , very simple plus you will get to know some of the workings of you z and most importantly you'll save money, that always keeps the misses happy [WHITE SMILING FACE].

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
Stu8 said:
Don't pay exaggerated garage fees and do it yourself , very simple plus you will get to know some of the workings of you z and most importantly you'll save money, that always keeps the misses happy [WHITE SMILING FACE].

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

Just a quick one, Peugeot are now recommending total ineo first which is 0-30 for the thp engines I buy mine from a guy on eBay who’s sells 5 litres for £36 delivered which is a bargain. :beer:

Stu8

Reaction score
RCZ 1.6 16V THP, -GT (EP6CDT - 147kW) (PT) (2009-)
64x64
Refer to Owners Manual Premium oil I want the best price »
Premium oil Refer to Owners Manual It is for those who want the maximum care of the engine of your car. It is recommended for RCZ 1.6 16V THP, -GT (EP6CDT - 147kW) (PT) (2009-) It is the best thing that you can indulge in your car PEUGEOT.

Another alternate oils: Helix Ultra Professional AP-L 5W-30 / Helix Ultra AP-L 5W-30
Oil change interval: 32000 km or 24 months
The capacity of the: 4.3litres

tianorth

Reaction score
Spark plugs on the RCZ-R are every year and you can only get them as oem.

If you PM me your Vin number and email address I will have a look at the peugeot service website and email you a pdf of when and what requires changing and also correct grade of oil for your engine.

I got a 5 year service plan within the first year (I paid in full) and only paid £13.99 per month equivalent.
That covers everything on a scheduled service, so not cost me a penny more from a main dealer.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Abzynthe

Reaction score
I just had a major service, brake fluid change and air con regas and it came to just under £300.

The Major service on its own was £195.

RCZ-R

Reaction score
Stu8 said:
Another alternate oils: Helix Ultra Professional AP-L 5W-30 / Helix Ultra AP-L 5W-30

This is incorrect. The RCZ R has an interval of max 20.000 km between oil changes. And I recommend to shorten it down to 15.000 km. The turbo on the R runs very, very hot thus putting additional pressure and stress on the engine oil.

Abzynthe

Reaction score
RCZ-R said:
Stu8 said:

This is incorrect. The RCZ R has an interval of max 20.000 km between oil changes. And I recommend to shorten it down to 15.000 km. The turbo on the R runs very, very hot thus putting additional pressure and stress on the engine oil.

I'm sure my car says 20,000 miles or 12 months.

Not that it matters too much, its had 4 services in 4 years anyway and its done 43k miles.

tianorth

Reaction score
The RCZ-R service intervals are 12500 miles (20116.8 km) or 1 year.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

rcz_r1

Reaction score
Can I find somewhere online the jobs to be done in each service for the R?
I have been in contact with 2 dealers via email and they gave me different jobs to be done on the next service with 46000km...

A

Anonymous

I booked in for my service next week. Major service £257. Was told they usually do a major service every 2 years and a minor the years between. The service history log I have from previous owner would suggest this has been the case from new.

Plecodoras

Reaction score
Well my R is in for service today, Major service including pollen charcoal filters, spark plugs and brake fluid changed...
Must be gold plated cos its £386 from my usual Pug dealer. Plus it's getting it's first MOT but that's not included in that price it's £37.50 extra.
Asked for a three year service schedule / payment plan like TiaNorth but they are wanting £684 or £23.56 for 29 payments. This will get me 1 major service as above plus two intermediate services without plugs ( Chris I know they are need replacing each year, but they said cos I only do approx 5k miles year, get plugs every second year ? ) So, that's like £150 per minor service and then £384 for the major ? what's the thoughts on the forum?
Cheers. :beer:

Stu8

Reaction score
Why don't you service the car yourself and save a bucket load of cash .

Plecodoras

Reaction score
Stu8 said:
Why don't you service the car yourself and save a bucket load of cash .

Firstly Stu8, it is still under manufacturers warranty, and secondly since it is the R and I want to retain as much value in it as I can, I want it to have the Peugeot service stamps. I will do general maintenance jobs, but servicing will be left to Peugeot.

I'm not as confident as taking a car engine apart as I am of splitting a motorbike engine, I think it has something to do with the fact I can get to both sides of a bike and manage to lower the engine easily, but take a look in any modern car engine bay and it's pretty mind blowing. Plus if I knacker anything up on the Z it's mega bucks.

But the main reason is retail value on resale without the service history.

Cheers !! :beer:

Stu8

Reaction score
It just erks me how dealerships can charge so much for servicing a vehicle and get away with it, always Been a rip-off :crazy: that's why I always service all my family's cars, plus i love to tinker.

RCZIain

Staff member
Reaction score
I've serviced my RCZ and done the gearbox oil.
It got the lot when I first got it last May, and had an oil and filter in January, gearbox oil in Feb some time.

RCZash

Reaction score
Hi,
From Peugeot that reasonable I think. Who do you use?
:beer: