What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

RCZ R prices

Kerr

Reaction score
Back to 10 now, and the white one for 21k seems to have gone.

The black private sale for £12,500 has gone. It was up for a long time.

I can't work out what the other car was. The top priced white and black ones are still there. It must be one from the middle. I've lost track.

Kerr

Reaction score

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-03-15-13-05-58-23_1ecf7d49f55240dc1bc6efcc6b7de67c.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-03-15-13-05-58-23_1ecf7d49f55240dc1bc6efcc6b7de67c.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 9

Flanners

Reaction score
I'll have another go..cleared cache..yep got it. Body etc looks impressive condition for mileage.

Kerr

Reaction score
Another one on Autotrader at over £20,000. Judging by the silver roof rails that was the car up for sale on ebay for ages for £15,000-£16,000.

One thing I do notice are the wheels have been refurbished far too often. They've been faced off so much the recessed part of the wheel where the R is has been machined square.

That car needs new wheels.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-03-21-17-23-01-16_1ecf7d49f55240dc1bc6efcc6b7de67c.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-03-21-17-23-01-16_1ecf7d49f55240dc1bc6efcc6b7de67c.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 20

Claret63

Reaction score
Another one on Autotrader at over £20,000. Judging by the silver roof rails that was the car up for sale on ebay for ages for £15,000-£16,000.

One thing I do notice are the wheels have been refurbished far too often. They've been faced off so much the recessed part of the wheel where the R is has been machined square.

That car needs new wheels.
Maybe, but it’s nice to see strong asking prices, as I have said previously these cars are special, the more I drive my R the more I love it, the set up on these cars is pure magic in my view, not for everyone though…

Marmite

Reaction score
Maybe, but it’s nice to see strong asking prices, as I have said previously these cars are special, the more I drive my R the more I love it, the set up on these cars is pure magic in my view, not for everyone though…
Sold mine an will miss it forever , iv had to special cars , RS4 an my R an if I’m totally honest the R comes out top for me . Alas I have more mundane wheels now .

Claret63

Reaction score
Another has come to autotrader, strong money, these cars are so worth it, hidden gem.

went for a drive in mine today, each time I go out I wonder what it would take for an R to lose grip in the corners, these cars are incredible, last time I felt a car grip like this was back in my youth driving mini,s.

turboguy

Reaction score
I have asked for a quote from motorway and they are offering close to what I paid for mine which is reasonable and I have had mine about 2 and a bit years and added 20k miles to it. Not selling it though, but have been tempted by a luxury car.
Just been for a wicked Sunday spin down my favourite twisty farm track and it really is unflappable :p

Flanners

Reaction score
Just typed my car reg into Motorway given your experience not the full details; I would never sell to such shysters and not selling in any case, just to see valuation mine was valued at £11K by them so only about £5-8K less than what a similar car is selling for and what I would want for it; low mileage, fsh, under Pug warranty, RCZ plate etc and mint condition.........confirmed what I thought total shysters.

Claret63

Reaction score
Just typed my car reg into Motorway given your experience not the full details; I would never sell to such shysters and not selling in any case, just to see valuation mine was valued at £11K by them so only about £5-8K less than what a similar car is selling for and what I would want for it; low mileage, fsh, under Pug warranty, RCZ plate etc and mint condition.........confirmed what I thought total shysters.

Did same a while ago, complete rip of merchants.

Kerr

Reaction score
We are up to 14 Rs on Autotrader now. That is a record. They need to start selling.

I've heard people getting really good offers on Motorway.

Charlie1875

Reaction score
Blimey!! When I was looking a couple of weeks ago there were only 7 or 8 on autotrader, it seems the more expensive ones don’t seem to sell quickly though

Claret63

Reaction score
Blimey!! When I was looking a couple of weeks ago there were only 7 or 8 on autotrader, it seems the more expensive ones don’t seem to sell quickly though
Maybe people are looking to cash in, cars like the R will always take time to sell in my opinion, not a bad thing to me as they must appeal to a small audience.

Flanners

Reaction score
I agree, with those figures it wouild appear only around 5% of R's are for sale. How many left have for the 3rd quarter of 2022 as 259 taxed and 18 on SORN so numbers are slowly dropping too with their figures showing 277 examples of the 305 remaining. Seems many Owner's from the stats are not SORNing in Winter either, I would have thought this would have increased by now with many being bought as 'keepers'.

Claret63

Reaction score
Hard to believe 28 have gone, but I suppose inevitable in a way, didn’t Sorn mine in winter but hardly drove it, as I would only drive the R in winter when dry and the roads are un salted.

Mine certainly is a keeper and is garaged all the time and always will be under my ownership, it hasn’t been though in the past as the underneath shows testament to that.

I think you definitely need a garage for these to be keepers so maybe numbers will fall even more if that makes sense....?

Kerr

Reaction score
When I first started looking sometimes on Autotrader there would be none available. Often it was 3 or 4 up for sale and they usually sold fast. It looked like buyers were waiting for cars to come up.

We are up to 14 on Autotrader alone and some have been up for sale for months. It's the reasonably priced cars with average miles that are selling.

I am concerned with private sales. They are not going well at all.

There has been numerous Rs with 130-150,000 miles. There is owners that are using them well and will reduce the amount of Rs in the future. We have only lost 28 cars in 10 years.

Between write offs, thefts, exports, and sometimes the numbers not being correct it isn't a lot.