What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

RCZ R prices

Flanners

Reaction score
Few low milers on AT.....a 12K miles 1 Owner Morocccan@£18750 private sale, looks mint....few new Trade listings too. Prices seem to be holding up again for the low mileage examples.

Kerr

Reaction score
Few low milers on AT.....a 12K miles 1 Owner Morocccan@£18750 private sale, looks mint....few new Trade listings too. Prices seem to be holding up again for the low mileage examples.

Another low mileage private sale added today. That's now 11 for sale on Auto Trader alone. That might be as many as there has ever been.

It will be interesting to see if they start selling. Advertised prices don't mean much if they don't sell.

Claret63

Reaction score
Another low mileage private sale added today. That's now 11 for sale on Auto Trader alone. That might be as many as there has ever been.

It will be interesting to see if they start selling. Advertised prices don't mean much if they don't sell.

White one looks superb, nice to see these prices but as you say no use if they don't sell, think though given the current climate maybe people are being forced to sell.

on a slightly different note I wonder if people actually know or appreciate just how good the R is? as an example I made it my mission to drive all the Audi TT range over the last couple of months as a comparison to the R, I would take the R every time as an out and out sports car, having driven many other cars also in my time the R certainly is special.

If the R wasn't a Pug they would be bringing more money for sure.

Kerr

Reaction score
White one looks superb, nice to see these prices but as you say no use if they don't sell, think though given the current climate maybe people are being forced to sell.

on a slightly different note I wonder if people actually know or appreciate just how good the R is? as an example I made it my mission to drive all the Audi TT range over the last couple of months as a comparison to the R, I would take the R every time as an out and out sports car, having driven many other cars also in my time the R certainly is special.

If the R wasn't a Pug they would be bringing more money for sure.

A lot of people that are into cars are unaware what an R is. They don't know they exist nevermind how good they are.

The badge is a sticking point for many.

Flanners

Reaction score
Met a few ex Owner's of R's usually from buying parts from them...set of unused mats...unused R Wheel...brochures etc...they were all petrolheads and had/have had more exotica. All rated the R as a fantastic sports car..saying with a different marque on the bonnet it would be more lauded by many; Pistonheads features the R frequently and ignorance and many comments evidence the snobbery etc

Claret63

Reaction score
Ah the famous pistonheads, yes read a few of those thread's on the R, have to say though it really does expose those who no nothing of cars especially the R, always comes back to the silly German equivalent debate.

Flanners

Reaction score
Been rummaging on the Internet and found an Australian site 'Which Car' .com and each year they have their PCOTY....Performance Car of the Year...in 2014 it was:

1. Porsche 911 Turbo
2. Porsche Cayman GTS
3. Jaguar F Type R Coupe
4. Peugeot RCZ R PCOTY 4th - Peugeot RCZ-R
5. VW Golf R
6. Subaru WRX STI
7. BMW M4
8. Audi RS7

Claret63

Reaction score
Been rummaging on the Internet and found an Australian site 'Which Car' .com and each year they have their PCOTY....Performance Car of the Year...in 2014 it was:

1. Porsche 911 Turbo
2. Porsche Cayman GTS
3. Jaguar F Type R Coupe
4. Peugeot RCZ R PCOTY 4th - Peugeot RCZ-R
5. VW Golf R
6. Subaru WRX STI
7. BMW M4
8. Audi RS7
That is really interesting, especially in a country like Australia where I am sure not many RCZ Rs found their way too.

Unbelievably today I had just printed of the press release from Peugeot Australia to go in my folder for my car (bit of a geek I know lol) I just wish I had bought new when the R was released to spec it my way, I would have gone for every extra available.

apple3337

Reaction score
Unbelievably today I had just printed of the press release from Peugeot Australia to go in my folder for my car (bit of a geek I know lol) I just wish I had bought new when the R was released to spec it my way, I would have gone for every extra available.
We got 32 I'm told. Do you mind posting on here a copy of that press release? Cheers from Oz.

Flanners

Reaction score
That link is dead for me I have this

I think the R had every extra available on the RCZ except for the front parking sensors, carbon roof cover and the JBL sound system.

Attachments

• 2014 RCZ R press kit-c5dc8a0da2284f50b5c0d22e782b2bae.pdf
    652.1 KB · Views: 14

Flanners

Reaction score
Another nice article with information about the R including design and component/manufacturers etc

Claret63

Reaction score
Another nice article with information about the R including design and component/manufacturers etc

Excellent article and very well balanced with honest constructive opinion, if only all articles could be like this, certainly takes away the badge snobbery, I just don't understand the hatred in the UK towards french cars.

Flanners

Reaction score
The British are obsessed with reflecting their real or apparent wealth or success via their car, PCP has obviously given that an almighty boost; historically it seems even though the reliability and quality of such favoured brands have fallen, many still lust after or purchase the usual suspects Porsche, Audi, Mercedes etc without entertaining say the R, an Alpine etc

The Media in this country gave the R a fairly good reception, bar the likes of that cock Clarkson et al....but for me most UK based reviews wanted to find fault preventing the 5*s etc so we had front wheel drive issues, 1.6 with 270bhp no way, brakes are crap, ride is harsh, interior is dated ......maybe so but these charactersitics are reflected in similar offerings elsewhere, some with less style (subjective) and bespoke engineering than the R etc.

Obviously within the industry back handers and advertising quotas are rife within the UK press I'd wager this has a huge hand in the 'reviews' given.

Many comments on here over the year's from prospective buyers who in the end were unwilling to pay £13-16k+ (or £32K when new) for a Pug, when the Germanic status symbol was equal ££s or within reach........I personally find it odd and prefer leftfield to the mainstream and enjoy a cracking car that has limited numbers and appeal.

RCZ-R

Reaction score
I think it will take another few years or a decade for some folks to understand and acknowledge the greatness of the RCZ R.
Maybe in few years some youtubers will suddenly rediscover this car and spill out some statements about it to bump the awareness. Like they did with many other cars which then resulted in sudden price spike on the used cars market.
Some things just need time. And when it comes to cars, like many other items of value (watches, hi end electronics & gadgets), the valuation is emotion-driven and hardly ever fact-driven. Facts in cars are good for shit boxes and cheap cars. There, facts have value. The higher you go on the price ladder, the less they are taken for decisive factor.
The usual yobs will prefer an Audi TT over a RCZ anytime. Because tendencies dictate that an Audi must be a better car than a Peugeot.

DKZ5745

Reaction score
When I bought my 200GT it was the fastest car Peugeot had ever sold. (The R came out just under a year later).

I still got “I see you’ve bought an Aldi TT” From some neighbours mainly who had the usual German marques parked on their drive. I didn’t buy it because it was a Peugeot, or even despite it being a Peugeot, I bought it because I loved how it looked, and then after test driving a 156, I fell in love with how it drove. I was blown away with the performance of the 200 when I got it, just as I still am 10 years on, every time I take it out.

I have never driven an R, never really had the opportunity. I think if I did, I would almost certainly want to trade the 200 for one, & right now that’s not really an option for me.

travelswithanrcz

Reaction score
When I bought my 200GT it was the fastest car Peugeot had ever sold. (The R came out just under a year later).

I still got “I see you’ve bought an Aldi TT” From some neighbours mainly who had the usual German marques parked on their drive. I didn’t buy it because it was a Peugeot, or even despite it being a Peugeot, I bought it because I loved how it looked, and then after test driving a 156, I fell in love with how it drove. I was blown away with the performance of the 200 when I got it, just as I still am 10 years on, every time I take it out.

I have never driven an R, never really had the opportunity. I think if I did, I would almost certainly want to trade the 200 for one, & right now that’s not really an option for me.

I don't get the snobbery at all. I got my 200GT MK1 last year while I was literally shopping around for a TT. I drove a couple of TTs and liked them a lot, but tbh as soon as I realised I could afford an RCZ (for a long time while I didn't know much about them, I genuinely thought Peugeot had made some mad, expensive and exotic supercar) I was very keen.

No regrets at all since buying it in March 22. The drive is absolutely fantastic, I think the interior is still pretty upmarket looking and it's got bags of power (although I'm still having a stage 1 remap done in 2 weeks).

My budget could have stretched to an R, but personal taste dictates my love for the original MK1 front grille and the active spoiler.

The Audi TT brigade might be snobby, but in a year I think I've seen about 4 RCZs in the Edinburgh/Fife area (and I'm watching out for them) and probably about 300 TTs, maybe more.

Driving something a little different is half the fun.

Kerr

Reaction score
Another R has been added to Autotrader. That's twelve now.

This one has 121,000 miles and one owner from new. A few fixable advisories the last couple of years. Some big holes in the service history. The first service was at 36,000 miles and all other services between 16,000 and 24,000 apart.

It has got to a good mileage without proper maintenance.

Claret63

Reaction score
Another R has been added to Autotrader. That's twelve now.

This one has 121,000 miles and one owner from new. A few fixable advisories the last couple of years. Some big holes in the service history. The first service was at 36,000 miles and all other services between 16,000 and 24,000 apart.

It has got to a good mileage without proper maintenance.

Back to 10 now, and the white one for 21k seems to have gone.

Verminator

Staff member
Reaction score
The RCZ R. That's on Auto Trader are all in price bracket and the prices are reflected in the milage and prices are holding strong..
For these cars... Also from the right RCZ R people need to be prepared to travel and see what is out there in the flesh...
All drive safe and stay lucky 🍀
Les n Co