What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

RCZ Convertible!

A

Anonymous

Whilst trawling the French motoring websites I stumbled across this, what do you all think?? :D :D :D :D

A

Anonymous

Good but I would rather a Targa Top then the spars would remain.

A

Anonymous

Be interesting to see what is finally added to the line-up, Peugeot were swearing blind they had no intention of making a convertible RCZ then you see photos like this, and quotes of designers saying they wanted to do a targa version.

Sadly knowing Peugeot they will do nothing to counteract the additional weight open-top cars require (ie boost performance by 20-30bhp)

A

Anonymous

I love the look of the convertible if they make it I'm going to have one ;)

A

Anonymous

http://www.auto.it/anteprime/peugeot/rc ... del+Leone+

A

Anonymous

For me it just seems to lose what I love about the RCZ. Would be interesting to see it with the roof up to see if it remains loyal to the coupe.

RCZ1

Reaction score
These are old pictures. Peugeot were thinking about doing a convertible at the time of concept of the RCZ but announced last year that they had shelved the idea.

A

Anonymous

Hi all,
Getting my girl next Thursday GT Black, shiny black wheels with all the bits and it was in stock, result! Only had to wait a week :)

The convertable looses some important lines and sadly looks just like "another" Peugeot from the front. Like the tailpipes tho as the rear valance on the tintop where the tail pipes emerge currently, look like there should be another set of pipes i.e. a set of pipes on both sides.

Ciao x

A

Anonymous

For about £400.00 you dealer could fit a dummy pair on for you, have a photo somewhere it adds balance.

A

Anonymous

peugeot will bring out a convertible because it will widen the appeal of the car as especially in the UK we buy a lot of convertibles, just think about every other coupe eg bmw 3 series audi a5 audi TT, they always bring out a convertible

A

Anonymous

LOVE IT ,MAKE IT BIGGER AND BEEFIER,I WOULD CERTAINLY BUY ONE :clap: :dance: :p

FGRob

Reaction score
Peugeot have already got a convertible RCZ, it's called the 308 CC :wtf: :eusa-whistle: :lol:
:ugeek:

Remember when the RCZ first came out, it was called a 308 RCZ ;)

Rob

A

Anonymous

Hi all...

Im a newbie and looking to get an RCZ.

If this convertable is definatley going to be produced i will hang fire for me.. it looks the business!!

SO.... is it going to be made??

Cheers

Nick
:thumbup:

RCZ1

Reaction score
njc11 said:
Hi all...

Im a newbie and looking to get an RCZ.

If this convertable is definatley going to be produced i will hang fire for me.. it looks the business!!

SO.... is it going to be made??

Cheers

Nick

NO :!:

A

Anonymous

:?:

Thank you for the quick response!!

Are you 100% sure?????

It must be something they will do at some point, as im sure people who go for the Z4 or Audi TT's etc the RCZ drop top would be another option and so steal sales from there rivals?

Im looking at the RCZ, and will be selling my VX220 to purchase one... hence the convertable i will wait for!

:beer:

RCZ1

Reaction score
njc11 said:
:?:

Thank you for the quick response!!

Are you 100% sure?????

It must be something they will do at some point, as im sure people who go for the Z4 or Audi TT's etc the RCZ drop top would be another option and so steal sales from there rivals?

Im looking at the RCZ, and will be selling my VX220 to purchase one... hence the convertable i will wait for!

Yes I am sure. Peugeot announced last year they have no intention of making a RCZ convertible. As someone else has said there is already the 308CC. The RCZ is based on the 308. The RCZ would also lose its main appeal as a convertible - the double bubble :!:

A

Anonymous

ordered mine today and the dealer told me that a spider will be available within 12-18 months!!

A

Anonymous

Cool.. which dealer?

It would be madness if they didnt... there would defo be a market for it!!

As for ther being a 308cc.. point taken, but its not a patch on the RCZ convertable pics.. the car loks awesome.. love the rear with the mounds behind the rear seats which slope etc..