What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

RCZ Convertible!

A

Anonymous

I can see them doing a soft-top version: Peugeot don't have one on the market at the moment. But a hard-top would be madness: the RCZ is heavy enough already so the mechanism would kill its performance and it wouldn't be different enough from the 308cc (in part because the boot-line would need to be raised).

A

Anonymous

I'd love an RCZ with a soft top roof not a folding hard top which would waste the performance

A

Anonymous

VASS said:
bugger! I'd have waited for that !

It's not too late Vass. We've been quoted £160 for dummy pipes, altho not sure how much fitting will be as we are having them fitted once our GT arrives at dealers. Pipes are Peugeot parts & I'm sure your dealer will oblige - our is! Southgate also do them! :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

Fitting Price, erm, its not pleasant! Including pipes its a £549 price, which isnt too bad considering how fiddly it is. Your dealership may be a bit gentle with the price though, if their workshop doesnt charge them the earth. We as sales pay more than joe public! Its not fair!

A

Anonymous

Looks good, but it will be rubbish. When they cut the roof of cars they always are. They're either as wobbly as blancmange or gain 100kgs in weight (which the RCZ certainly can't afford to do). Sometimes both

A

Anonymous

Hi all,

To my amazement in the 'New Cars coming in the future' section in Auto Express a few weeks back I saw "RCZ convertible". It even gave the year (2012 if my memory serves me correctly!).

Is this a reliable source? Are Peugeot plunging for this again??

JB77

A

Anonymous

Something is lost , the coupe looks much better , the archs and
double make this car

A

Anonymous

RCZ007 said:
Something is lost , the coupe looks much better , the archs and double make this car
Have to agree, even though convertibles look so good when the sun's out, but the coupe is sooooo distinctive with its lines I think a cc would spoil that.

RCZ1

Reaction score
BangorRCZ said:
RCZ007 said:
Something is lost , the coupe looks much better , the archs and double make this car
Have to agree, even though convertibles look so good when the sun's out, but the coupe is sooooo distinctive with its lines I think a cc would spoil that.

I'd have to agree with both of the above. Unless Peugeot came up with something similarly unique with the convertible version, I don't think it would be as striking as the coupe.

A

Anonymous

My impression of what the car should look like. I will post a few more later on.

Attachments

• RZC_Spider_Small_UK.jpg
    RZC_Spider_Small_UK.jpg
    195.3 KB · Views: 13,679

shinyred

Reaction score
I agree with the people who say Peugeot have no current plans for a convertible - I made 'inside enquiries' when I decided to buy one. The issue is of course the unique rear window. This does not mean there will never be a convertible, but it's far enough off for me to have bought one now and wait to see what happens in the future.

A

Anonymous

Nice idea, but one of the reasons I went for the RCZ, all well as the stunning looks, was the boot size. This will be lost with the soft top

A

Anonymous

You won't always have a boot full; then again it may be full of roof at times:)

A

Anonymous

Spoke to a friend who has been close to this... and in a nutshell they looked at a convertible but it will not have the arches or the bubble glass (but flat glass at the back) borrowed from a 308cc . More likely would be a T Top type which means the centre roof panel can be removed and put in the boot. The other issue is no more space for a bigger engine and chassis strengthening would add weight and impact performance and handling..exact words were it would be slow and heavy

Dont expect a convertible anytime soon if ever

lionhart

Reaction score
funny lines on the arches like on the 308cc :eusa-think:could be just the way it looks

A

Anonymous

looks to me like fake arches on the RCZ (or look alike RCZ) I am guessing its a folding metal roof then they are aiming to do

A

Anonymous

I think they're more likely to release a version with a panoramic roof - that way they can maintain the unique style of the roof.