What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

RCZ Convertible!

A

Anonymous

Panoramic roof is an option but any convertible would be very costly...probably > £40K due to the technical challenges. Instead they may try to beef up the existing CC convertible . Also it would convert the RCZ if feasible into a 2 seater only ( like the TT) but as previously mentioned costs would be high

Also like 99% of cars converted it would be terrible on the road. The only good convertibles are those built from day 1 as such with later versions as hard tops...Honda s2000, Mazda MX5 etc. Even the Audi TT convertible is a horror as it wobbles around

A

Anonymous

adrian said:
Panoramic roof is an option but any convertible would be very costly...probably > £40K due to the technical challenges. Instead they may try to beef up the existing CC convertible . Also it would convert the RCZ if feasible into a 2 seater only ( like the TT) but as previously mentioned costs would be high

Also like 99% of cars converted it would be terrible on the road. The only good convertibles are those built from day 1 as such with later versions as hard tops...Honda s2000, Mazda MX5 etc. Even the Audi TT convertible is a horror as it wobbles around

Agreed :thumbup: true built from scratch soft/folding metal roof tops are the best and come very little chassis scuttle but it didnt stop audi doing it to the TT as pure poseurs will buy this car and for that matter a rcz so will they buy rcz convertible.

The rcz is ideally suited for a metal folding roof as the boot is huge and it would accomodate it easily, kerb weight would be up so no 156 bhp variant 200 bhp+ peugeot would be silly not do this as britian is the capital for roofless cars and it would sell well in the states if peugeot ever dared sell over there :lol:

A

Anonymous

Currently there are no plans to introduce a convertible version of the RCZ to the market.

A

Anonymous

I like the look of it! But I would like a full panoramic view but don't think it would be possible incase of a roll there has to be a some strength to the roof!

It would look beautiful still!

lionhart

Reaction score
I think it will go into production.

Attachments

• RCZCab1_zps6743725a.jpg
    RCZCab1_zps6743725a.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 4,259
  • RCZcab2_zps78b9732d.jpg
    RCZcab2_zps78b9732d.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 4,259
A

Anonymous

I think open (see photo) it looks quite cute, but closed....somehow broken...

Attachments

• RCZ-Open.jpg
    RCZ-Open.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 4,255