What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Quad 'feline' exhaust - its terrible, dont do it!!

A

Anonymous

im sure it fine to purchase accessories from perrys or any other dealer if not happy with the car purchase dealer.

A

Anonymous

Visited the dealer again yesterday and discussed the issues with the fitter. Begrudging offer to "have another go at it" But then said it might come out even worse the second time! This was after initially suggesting that fitting was to required standard. Was annoyed and therefore I forgot to mention missing heat proof gauze wrap on crossover pipe. Not going back... Ever! Have sent pm to Richard, Peugeot parts.

A

Anonymous

the quad exhaust does look nice, but I'd never fit something like that on a "less-than-250hp" car ;)

A

Anonymous

When I had a second attempt :thumbdown: last week at getting the mock trim added the guy in Parts in my local dealership got chatting about the quad exhaust with the feline pack and we agreed that WHEN your exhaust needs replacing you're all going to face a pretty steep bill for that new pipe! Start saving your pennies now :D .

A

Anonymous

Why expensive? The quads are not an exhaust pipe, merely trim. The crossover pipe and chrome tips will likely never require changing. As with the actual exhaust pipe (still the same system with or without quads) it will be the same for all.

A

Anonymous

ValleNorte said:
Why expensive? The quads are not an exhaust pipe, merely trim. The crossover pipe and chrome tips will likely never require changing. As with the actual exhaust pipe (still the same system with or without quads) it will be the same for all.
My mistake :oops: ...I thought it was an entirely refashioned exhaust, not just an add-on.

A

Anonymous

Hi All,
Just to clarify, the quad conversion is made completely of Stainless Steel, and the tips are highly polished stainless, not chrome plated. So unless some kind person runs into the back of your car and damages the conversion, you should never need to replace it.
As and when the original exhaust needs replacing, it will only require the standard original parts to be replaced.
Regards,

Richard.

A

Anonymous

Peugeot Accessories said:
Dom1102,

I am very sorry that you feel so unhappy regarding the conversion, and would be happy to talk to you directly regarding the fitment. Please PM me with your contact details and I will be in touch.

Regards,

Richard.

Richard
I sent you a PM over the weekend, did you get it?

A

Anonymous

Matter has been fully resolved courtesy of Richard & Peugeut UK. Quads removed and refitted with a new kit of parts (Inc a newly cut valance) by a Peugeot main dealer in Chelmsford, Essex who thankfully know which end of a spanner is which. Picking the car up tomorrow :thumbup: and not expecting any issues. Lesson well and truly learnt.

A

Anonymous

Truely good news. So pleased that Peugeot did the right thing.