What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Proud new RCZ owner (Aberdeen, Scotland) A few queries...ple

A

Anonymous

Hi folks,

I have just ordered myself a 156 BHP GT spec RCZ in Dolphin Blue with Black Onyx Solstice Alloys. I am actually chomping at the bit to get my hands on it. What a stunning car and, although, I may have had to reign in my budget and refrain from the 200BHP version, a solidly handling and performing car. Although I am slightly terrified of the new whip getting even pooped on by our thriving and mutant sized sea gull population!

Just a few quick queries to current owners, has anyone any ideas where I can source the official boot tray at a price that is less than the £130 quoted by my dealer? I am having trouble finding one but perhaps someone else has had more joy?

My other query was how the car handles in winter conditions. Aberdeen is notoriously cold and icy throughout the Winter (which seems to be at least a third of the year) and I wondered what people's experiemces of it were over this period? I fitted winter tyres to my last car (Fiesta Mk6 Zetec S) but that had 18ins alloys as opposed to the 19s on the RCZ so obviously they will be no use.

Anyways, totally excited about receiving the car and feel like a child before Christmas!!

A

Anonymous

Re: Proud new RCZ owner (Aberdeen, Scotland) A few queries..

welcome mrizzle :greetings-wavingblue:
So have you ordered it from Belmont or Gillanders? I bought mine through Belmont in Sept/Oct, found them really good service-wise so far. There seems to be a fair few of us from around here now .... myself, Figo, Xhibit206 and the other person is on the tip of my tongue (I think it may be stroch or something like that), they're not on here so much.
Have you been given a delivery date?

Keep an eye on Ebay for a boot tray. They come up occassionally. Is it essential? I use an old cut off bit of carpet instead of a boot liner :eusa-whistle:

I have fitted 4 winter tyres - you'll find numerous threads on here about them - Vredestein Wintrac Extremes 245x35x19s - you can't get 40s in them. I had them on my 207, have total faith in the them, that's why I went for the different profile. 40s are a really rare size and choice is limited, I got 4 for the price of two 35s! .... But typically we've nae needed them YET! Others on here have fitted them on my recommendation :beer:

Welcome to the forum, no doubt we'll be hearing more from you .... and hopefully I'll catch a glimpse of you in the metal soon :thumbup:

D

RCZ1

Reaction score

Welcome mrizzle :greetings-wavingblue:

You can buy boot trays off ebay, I'm sure there's one on there at the moment. I use the boot liner from my previous car and fits perfectly. Stops the boot getting full of crud and mud.

Can't advise on winter tyres as I've never had them but in the bad weather we had last winter the RCZ managed to get through the snow no problems (apart from the week I couldn't get it out of the drive - but we won't mention that :D ).

How soon is it before you pick up your RCZ? I'm sure you will love it.

A

Anonymous

donnaj1dlh said:
welcome mrizzle :greetings-wavingblue:
So have you ordered it from Belmont or Gillanders? I bought mine through Belmont in Sept/Oct, found them really good service-wise so far. There seems to be a fair few of us from around here now .... myself, Figo, Xhibit206 and the other person is on the tip of my tongue (I think it may be stroch or something like that), they're not on here so much.
Have you been given a delivery date?

Keep an eye on Ebay for a boot tray. They come up occassionally. Is it essential? I use an old cut off bit of carpet instead of a boot liner :eusa-whistle:

I have fitted 4 winter tyres - you'll find numerous threads on here about them - Vredestein Wintrac Extremes 245x35x19s - you can't get 40s in them. I had them on my 207, have total faith in the them, that's why I went for the different profile. 40s are a really rare size and choice is limited, I got 4 for the price of two 35s! .... But typically we've nae needed them YET! Others on here have fitted them on my recommendation :beer:

Welcome to the forum, no doubt we'll be hearing more from you .... and hopefully I'll catch a glimpse of you in the metal soon :thumbup:

D

donnaj1dlh,

Thanks so much for your response and your advice regarding the winter tyres. That's REALLY helpful and will save me a lot of messing about. I figure that I will probably see out the remainder of the winter without making the outlay on the tyres but will seek to pick up a bargain in the "warmer" months! Murphy's law that I put on the Winter tyres that I purchased during that horrendous weather last year and they have proved utterly unnecessary this time round. One question regarding the Vredestein Wintracs, what are they like to drive on when conditions are clear? The tyres I have on the Fiesta Zetec S are pretty hard to live with when the conditions aren't bad. :thumbdown:

I will also keep in mind what you say regarding an old off cut of something for the boot. It's a good shout and probably the more financially sensible option but I will keep an eye on Ebay on the off chance...you never know...I might get lucky!

You absolutely called it on where it is coming from. I am awaiting it from Belmont and I have to say that I was really won over by their customer service and approach to car sales...a far more pleasant experience than I have been met with in other garages IN Aberdeen...sure you can take a guess to whom I may be referring!!

Keep an eye out for me some time really soon (I hope)!!

A

Anonymous

RCZ1 said:
Welcome mrizzle :greetings-wavingblue:

You can buy boot trays off ebay, I'm sure there's one on there at the moment. I use the boot liner from my previous car and fits perfectly. Stops the boot getting full of crud and mud.

Can't advise on winter tyres as I've never had them but in the bad weather we had last winter the RCZ managed to get through the snow no problems (apart from the week I couldn't get it out of the drive - but we won't mention that :D ).

How soon is it before you pick up your RCZ? I'm sure you will love it.

Thanks for the suggestions about checking out Ebay. There are none on right now but i'll keep casting the occasional eye over it and see if my luck is in. I know it's not essential but I am keen to keep the boot free of "crud and mud". :lol:

I ordered the RCZ at the weekend and have been given no clear idea as to the date I can pick it up...maybe as long as 2 and a half weeks. I'm not sure that I can wait that long!! I am genuinely more excited than a child before Christmas!!

I'm looking forward to being an active and proud member of the RCZ forum! :beer:

RCZ1

Reaction score

I'm sure we all look forward to seeing some pics when you do eventually get your hands on it. Hopefully it won't be too much longer.

A

Anonymous

RCZ1 said:
I'm sure we all look forward to seeing some pics when you do eventually get your hands on it. Hopefully it won't be too much longer.

Thanks...fingers crossed!! you can be sure that my new pride and joy will be well photograped!!

A

Anonymous

mrizzle said:
Thanks...fingers crossed!! you can be sure that my new pride and joy will be well photograped!!
PHOTOGRAPED is this a new variety of wine? It was not mention at the last meeting of Terrington Wine Society :helpme: Will ask at the next meeting :clap: Humour mrizzle

A

Anonymous

It is...2012 is a fine vintage didn't you know?! :lol: I am a teacher and am now hanging my head in shame...

A

Anonymous

mrizzle said:
It is...2012 is a fine vintage didn't you know?! :lol: I am a teacher and am now hanging my head in shame...
:text-goodpost: :text-blondmoment: :text-bravo:

A

Anonymous

mrizzle said:

Good for you, for admitting it! You muppet :lol:

Belmont tried to sell me the Dolphin Blue ... but it wasn't girly enough for me! Perhaps it have been more 'blue' if you know what I mean? I really wanted white but there was no way I was prepared to wait 5 months for it. So red it had to be! It's growing on me every day that colour, in the sun it's glorious amber orange but under streetlights it's red but most of the time at the moment, it's just black ha ha. Although I do like the silver now I've seen pics on here - but I think silver and grey cars are a bit like ready salted crisps ..... why have plain when you could have any other flavour? Say no to 'no paint' :eusa-whistle:
You'll notice a helluva difference driving that to the fiesta and you'll be glad of the parkng sensors, I traded in a 207 and it's only now 4 months on that I'm starting for feel comfortable parking it. Still not been in the multi-storeys though. Must overcome that fear, but the kerbs are WAY too high!
Back to winter tyres, I got mine from mytyres.co.uk. Atually ordered them before I took delivery of the car :) but I got four for £625 whereas the 4 equivalent winters our size (only contis and michelins were available) were going to sting me £1400!! Changing profile makes NO DIFFERENCE to your insurance premium when it's winter tyres as it's seen as a safety enhancement :dance:
I don't know where you're based but I'm north of the city, working in Dyce, as is Figo ..... so we'll keep an eye out. Will it be a 12 reg? Or are you getting it now?

A

Anonymous

donnaj1dlh said:
mrizzle said:

Good for you, for admitting it! You muppet :lol:

Belmont tried to sell me the Dolphin Blue ... but it wasn't girly enough for me! Perhaps it have been more 'blue' if you know what I mean? I really wanted white but there was no way I was prepared to wait 5 months for it. So red it had to be! It's growing on me every day that colour, in the sun it's glorious amber orange but under streetlights it's red but most of the time at the moment, it's just black ha ha. Although I do like the silver now I've seen pics on here - but I think silver and grey cars are a bit like ready salted crisps ..... why have plain when you could have any other flavour? Say no to 'no paint' :eusa-whistle:
You'll notice a helluva difference driving that to the fiesta and you'll be glad of the parkng sensors, I traded in a 207 and it's only now 4 months on that I'm starting for feel comfortable parking it. Still not been in the multi-storeys though. Must overcome that fear, but the kerbs are WAY too high!
Back to winter tyres, I got mine from mytyres.co.uk. Atually ordered them before I took delivery of the car :) but I got four for £625 whereas the 4 equivalent winters our size (only contis and michelins were available) were going to sting me £1400!! Changing profile makes NO DIFFERENCE to your insurance premium when it's winter tyres as it's seen as a safety enhancement :dance:
I don't know where you're based but I'm north of the city, working in Dyce, as is Figo ..... so we'll keep an eye out. Will it be a 12 reg? Or are you getting it now?

Yup, I am with you on the need to get some proper paint on the car. Also, I reckon Silver cars inparticularl are a dime a dozen these days and it's nice to get something a bit different. I thought the Red looked kinda cool but having never seen one in the metal I was unsure. I thought the Dolphin Blue (despite an utterly girly name...who comes up with these?!) was pretty awesome and thought that the black alloys would beef it up a bit. They quoted you 5 months for delivery?! :eusa-whistle: Were they building your whip from scratch?! No way i would have been willing to wait that long either!!

I live in Bridge of Don so there is every likelihood that you will pass me somehwere if you are out Dyce way..I'll keep an eye out for you! It'll be a 61 plate. I was going to wait for a 12 plate but was able to wrangle a much better deal by getting the car registered before March and, to be honest, that suited me just fine.

I think you're bang on about the parking sensors...that is gonna make a significant difference. Not because I am a terrible driver I hasten to add but because the car is significantly bigger than I am used to diving. Totally agree with you about the height of kerbs in this city...it's totally ridiculous. I think I'll try to maintain a 30cms distance when parking in the manner i seem to recall from cycling proficiency lessons a good while back!! :D My other great fear is the alloys getting kerbed due to the ridiculous cavern sized pot holes on some Aberdeen roads. We pay road tax for what now...?!

I'm going to check out those winter tyres you recommended and think I will try to get a set ahead of next winter. Sack buying Contis or Michellin's at £1400..that's totally nuts!!!

Cheers again!!! :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

I'm the only red one the guys at Belmont have sold too! There's such a backlog for white - EVERYone wants white, it is nice though, so understandable. I've never had a white car so that's why I fancied it. My very first car a 1.1 Mk2 fiesta was the same 'roosty orange' ha ha.

I've always wondered about buying a new car so close to the reg change... is that sensible - I mean it's gonna be worth about the same as mine although mine was registered on the 1st Oct. I might've been tempted to wait to be the 1st to be driving around in a 12. But Belmont always seem desperate to sell for their targets. I thought I get a decent deal waiting until after the sept reg change thinking they'd be wanting to boost their sales figures again but I got nada. Heart took over though and I still bought it!

A

Anonymous

Yeah I haven't seen any of the Red RCZs yet so you are pretty exclusive!! I do like the white ones but the demonstrator I took out was white and after 45 mins of being out and about Kemnay and Inverurie it looked like I had been off roading...my OCD would be in overdrive I figure if I chose white. There were black ones available but that I was totally sold by the Blue. I think it looks totally money but to be honest there isn't really a bad colour in the range.

There was a considerable debate in my mind about waiting on the 12 plate but they were pretty up front that they wouldn't be offering me the same type of financial incentives if i waited. After some quick research, the money off versus the depreciation still weighed in favour of the 11 plate...and i'm getting impatient already...could never have made it through 'til March!!

Have you made any upgrades or mods to your RCZ? I reckon that, cosmetically, the RCZ is already a stunning car and wasn't really bothered about any upgrades beyond the rims. It's all a matter of taste I guess.

A

Anonymous

mrizzle said:
Have you made any upgrades or mods to your RCZ?

Nah...... unless you count my airfreshner and my phone mount :lol: :lol:

Did contemplate pricing up wrapping the roof (there is a place in Abdn that does it, but the name escapes me), but I've decided I like it shiny!

A

Anonymous

Best choice in colour and alloys in my opinion ;-) though I would have to say that!
Welcome to the RCZ forum too :)
I will have to make sure next time I visit Aberdeen to do a bit of RCZ spotting, seems like half the forum are based up there!!!

A

Anonymous

I do think that the carbon fibre wrapped looks smart...maybe something for another time. I just want to get my hands on it as it is!!

newton...what have you got? Aberdeen will surely welcome you on your next venture this way. We are a pretty welcoming lot. :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

I was exactly the same, and I only waited a week to get mine! Still just as excited to step outside and look at her!
I have a 156 BHP GT, Dolphin Blue, 19 Black Sortilege Alloys, with black leather seats. You will love her when you get her!! I normally fly up for visits, but too far drive for a couple of nights out haha :beer: if I come for longer I may well bring my Zing with me :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

Clearly you are a person of good taste!! :D

Just heard back from the garage and looks like the weekend of the 4th/5th Feb is the earliest i will be able to get my hands on my new whip...

A

Anonymous

Oh man!! :shock: :shock: :shock: Have you heard the forecast for that weekend??? :eusa-whistle: :eusa-whistle: :eusa-whistle:

Only kidding ha ha!