What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Potential Engine Recall?

A

Anonymous

Mr P the 458 italia only caught on fire because of the adheshive used on the rear wheel arches of which was ignited by the heat from the engine :eusa-think:

A

Anonymous

jassyo06 said:
Mr P the 458 italia only caught on fire because of the adheshive used on the rear wheel arches of which was ignited by the heat from the engine :eusa-think:

I know, I wasn't saying that it had a similar issue as on the Mini, just a quick example off the top of my head of another fire related recall :beer:

A

Anonymous

Just to put some numbers on this so people dont think Minis are dropping like flys....

235,535 cars being recalled.

81 failures of the turbo cooling pump(or to be more acurate the circuit board controling the pump) of which 4 resulted in engine compartment fire.

Tiny Tiny failure rate.....

pete.garratt

Reaction score
Not sure I'd agree with failure rates. On the numbers quoted, the rate is about 17 in 1 million.

For true safety related items, accepted failure rates would need to be between 10 and 100 times better.

Not sure if this pump would be classed as safety related.

A

Anonymous

The fail rate is something like 0.034% with an actual fire (smouldering pump) in 0.0017% of the cars built.

The problem is the media tends to blow it out of all proportions as it makes a good story when in reality its nearly a non event.

I doubt that this aux pump was classified as a safey related item.