What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Peugeot Connect Media Navigation (NG4 3D)

A

Anonymous

I can't really find fault with mine. With the JBL I find the sound equal to that of the bose in my 998 or the RR. The unit is simple enough to use and enhances the look of the car.

I really can't understand the complaints about the post code entry. It never fails to get me where I want to be so I must be missing something!

If I was forced to really find something to complain about I would complain that adding the speed cameras each month can be a bit hiss and miss.

As all my music is MP3 I just created the playlists I wanted in iTunes and copied via a memory stick to the inbuilt hard drive.

I must have really simple tastes as out of the 21,000 tracks I have in iTunes the play count reports shows I only listen to around 600 and those are all on the HDD in the RCZ now.

This forum does seem to cater to a few vociferous complainers. There is no such thing as a perfect anything in life as everyone has different tastes, expectations and needs. So no car company is going to keep everyone happy! Therefore I take the pragmatic approach and enjoy what I have!!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

A

Anonymous

jc73uk said:
Maybe there is a cost implication to upgrade the software with new features, which would not be free of charge?
After all, what do you expect from a system which already cost £1470. Full post code entry?

Full post code entry at the very least would be a nice start :eusa-think:

A

Anonymous

mr shiney said:
This forum does seem to cater to a few vociferous complainers. There is no such thing as a perfect anything in life as everyone has different tastes, expectations and needs. So no car company is going to keep everyone happy! Therefore I take the pragmatic approach and enjoy what I have!!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

If people feel the need to speak out or complain as you put it then so be it.
Isnt that what a forum is about ?
No point in just sitting there pretending to be "pragmatic" all the time ! :lol:

A

Anonymous

I would have to agree £1500 for a piece of kit you do expect more, especially considering the amount of technology you could come out of Currys with for that amount of money.

I was fortunate as I didn't pay the full amount for the upgrade but I shudder when anyone asks how much the upgrade should have cost. Considering that Toyota and Ford are now leading the way in indash technology the NG4 is almost obsolete.

Check out websites like engadget to see what the other car companies are upto... and the worries that these indash media centres may cause..

http://www.engadget.com/2012/02/17/nhts ... ehicle-el/

A

Anonymous

binkybmf said:
I would have to agree £1500 for a piece of kit you do expect more, especially considering the amount of technology you could come out of Currys with for that amount of money.

I was fortunate as I didn't pay the full amount for the upgrade but I shudder when anyone asks how much the upgrade should have cost. Considering that Toyota and Ford are now leading the way in indash technology the NG4 is almost obsolete.

Check out websites like engadget to see what the other car companies are upto... and the worries that these indash media centres may cause..

http://www.engadget.com/2012/02/17/nhts ... ehicle-el/

Very well put. :clap:
:text-goodpost:

A

Anonymous

So has any one one been able to sort out updating the NG4 3D crap nav, oops meant sat nav, I managed to find update dvd's for £40 here http://www.satnavi.com/peugeot.php, but still not got safety alerts which i thought would have been on the dvd's, seriousley thinking of reverting back to my RAC sat nav, speed warnings, camera warnings all on that one.

A

Anonymous

If I'm going some where which is a bit unfamiliar I always take my TomTom just in case.
A £69 spot on product versus a £1400 joke product. Theres just no competition :eusa-think:

A

Anonymous

I know it has been mentioned before, but unless my menu system is different to othera, for the life of me I cant seem to be able to TURN OFF the Traffic Bulletins on the NG4 - I have looked a number of times, and all I see is NONE, or options within a certain distance, but regardless of what I choose, it still comes in, and then have to select "Do you still want to continue to listen to" Yes/No......surely I am missing something here....as I don't want to hear the traffic news when I am listening to .mp3 etc

regards Brian

A

Anonymous

Try using the voice control and say "TA Off" to turn off traffic announcement or "TA On" to switch back on. This should work in radio, not sure about external device.
I think you can also access the option in Media. Press the media button and select External Device. Then press OK button (might have to press it twice) to see an option for TA on/off.

A

Anonymous

I turn mine off either in main menu for the radio or in the navagation menu.

A

Anonymous

Goofball said:
So has any one one been able to sort out updating the NG4 3D crap nav, oops meant sat nav, I managed to find update dvd's for £40 here http://www.satnavi.com/peugeot.php, but still not got safety alerts which i thought would have been on the dvd's, seriousley thinking of reverting back to my RAC sat nav, speed warnings, camera warnings all on that one.

I use the SCDB site for my safety alarts/camera warnings database updates. Costs Euro 8 per year and is updated monthly.

A

Anonymous

On a separate tangent to the current thread, I have now found out the rattle or crunching noise on the dashboard in the car.

The black plastic surround of the NG4, that houses the buttons is all loose. Not sure if it has broken / Snapped but it can be easily lifted with a finger. Will post some pictures later if I get chance.

Has anyone else experienced anything like this? I am assuming it would be covered by warranty and not wear and tear as I have never even used any of the buttons :cool:

A

Anonymous

Thought I'd try this way

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1330359983806.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1330359983806.jpg
    172.2 KB · Views: 3,842
A

Anonymous

binkybmf said:
On a separate tangent to the current thread, I have now found out the rattle or crunching noise on the dashboard in the car.

The black plastic surround of the NG4, that houses the buttons is all loose. Not sure if it has broken / Snapped but it can be easily lifted with a finger. Will post some pictures later if I get chance.

Has anyone else experienced anything like this? I am assuming it would be covered by warranty and not wear and tear as I have never even used any of the buttons :cool:

This is a bit weird but if i turn into my drive from the right my dash creaks and groans and you can just see the NG4 housing moving and twisting ever so slightly, but if i pull in to the drive from the left all is ok :eusa-think:
My drive a a very slight slope up onto it then down into the drive.

A

Anonymous

Sounds serious, probably a warped bodyshell............... :eusa-think:

A

Anonymous

I used Satea yesterday. I programmed the fastest route. She took me places that I would never want to go. Single track roads and ridiculous turns, where I had to reverse to get around. Not sure why she did this...... but I turned her off for the return journey and stuck to the main roads. It was much gentler on my heart.

A

Anonymous

Love my RCZ, but have 2 main gripes re the "top of the range" media & navigation system:
1. Navigation data vastly out of date, and seemingly no way to upgrade (e.g. 2010 car showing a PEtrol Station in my vicinity which closed over10 years ago!!)
2. iPod functionality absolutely hopeless compared to a lot of cheaper "lower rang" cars

Peugeot need to address these (not just for new models, but retrospectively) or the car won't hang onto it's well deserved mystique. :helpme:

A

Anonymous

grabel said:
Love my RCZ, but have 2 main gripes re the "top of the range" media & navigation system:
1. Navigation data vastly out of date, and seemingly no way to upgrade (e.g. 2010 car showing a PEtrol Station in my vicinity which closed over10 years ago!!)
2. iPod functionality absolutely hopeless compared to a lot of cheaper "lower rang" cars

Peugeot need to address these (not just for new models, but retrospectively) or the car won't hang onto it's well deserved mystique. :helpme:
You won't find any arguments on this forum with the views that you have expressed. It is outdated and not user friendly :thumbdown:

A

Anonymous

I am just about to order a RCZ diesel and am hesitating about the Sat Nav system....since the comments on this post were written, does anyone know if anything has got any better please?
does the system now accept UK postcodes?
Thank you for your help!