What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Peugeot Connect Media Navigation (NG4 3D)

A

Anonymous

My question is to this forum..... What do we think about this piece of expensive equipment? I believe that we are due a FREE software upgrade.

Let me start by stating that I love my RCZ and wouldn't want not to have the NG4 3D, however in my opinion it fails to deliver on many levels. It does not work and is not user friendly. I realise that none of the points of failure that I am about to outline are life threatening or major, but for such an expensive piece of hardware then I really do think that it should be a whole lot better.

1. Only accepts a 5 digit post code.
2. Hardly any 3D mapping.
3. Cannot set Home, despite the instructions saying otherwise.
4. It is not Ipod friendly. It does not allow the full capabilities of your Ipod to be accessed.
5. It does not read the grace notes on the vast majority of Cd's
6. Text messages received whilst sim card inserted do not display the senders name, despite full details being available on the inserted sim card.
7. No way of knowing how up to date the mapping is.

I feel confident that others can add to this list. As stated I feel for the money we should be getting better value from our Peugeot Connect Media Navigation (NG4 3D)

A

Anonymous

Ron, I am interested to hear what your idea of a free upgrade is?

As for your points I can't comment too much as I am still geting used to it, but I would certainly say that it is complicated and the very poor and in some cases incorrect.

1. I am not sure that this is realy an issue as most of the time we know the street name, but I agree it would bebetter if we could input the whole code.
2. It would be nice to have this but not an issue to me.
3. I just input my address and then set it as a favourite location named home.
4. I intend on installing all of the music I want on to the hard drive but if it does not work as stated then that needs to be put right.
5. Sorry not sure what you mean here?
6. Again if it does not work as stated it needs to be corrected.
7 This is an issue that they have not even touched on in the book as far as I can see so not great.

A

Anonymous

ryanb said:
Ron, I am interested to hear what your idea of a free upgrade is?
A better way of putting it perhaps is a FREE software update.

A

Anonymous

Ron, I'm with you all the way! I feel the NG4 unit is quite poor to be honest!, I use a similar unit on a day to day basis on a 12 MY XF and to be honest it blows it clean away!, Full postcode input, 3D Mapping, Full iPod connectivity with Bluetooth streaming, Grace Note friendly to pretty much all cd's!!! I have to be honest I have been really disappointed with the NG4 and if I had bought it from new I would feel somewhat cheated!!.
If there is a software update that would fix these issues then it would be great if pug would be forthcoming with it!.

A

Anonymous

Bingbongrcz said:
I have to be honest I have been really disappointed with the NG4 and if I had bought it from new I would feel somewhat cheated!!.
I did buy it from new, with rather a lot of my hard earned £'s. I do feel that it is a very poor system, that requires attention from Peugeot to iron out the flaws

A

Anonymous

Feel for you pal, I've just been out to the to try a USB stick with music on, in FAT32 but still not picking anything up! It shouldn't be so hard for it to work! It's a lot of faff when it just should be plug and play!! The cars going in to the dealership tomorrow, got a list along as my arm of problems! Power fold mirror not working, engine temp sensor broken, badge de laminating and an amazingly loud dash board rattle that is doing my head in!!! Ahhhhhhhhhh!

A

Anonymous

Hi Guys
I agree I think the NG4 is a whole lot of nothing for a whole lot of hard earned cash, apart from cosmetic looks.
Peugeot did send me a questionnaire about 4 months back and I did make a strong point about how disappointed I was with it.

Having seen some other built in car sat nav systems I do feel cheated some what, Why can't the Bluetooth system connect to the music on your phone was one question I asked, instead of having wires or plugging in USB not much to ask for paying £1400

pete.garratt

Reaction score
Totally agree with the level of crticsm here. I had a 207gti with the previous sat nav. Things don't seem to have moved on much!

People often mention that Peugeot monitor these bulletin boards. I hope they do and some kind soul will provide a response? Hey, Mr Peugeot - are you listening?

Given this is the flagship model and includes the flagship nav/infotainment system - common to many models, I might add - we really did expect just a little bit more.

Most of the required hardware would appear to be present, it's only missing a bit of software.

There may very well be licensing issues bit a bit of feedback from Peugeot wouldn't go amiss amongst it's loyal followers.

A

Anonymous

I have to admit that since I started this thread, I have managed to resolve issues 3 & 6 and issue 1 on my list is a tad picky. I am not at all surprised that others are experiencing difficulties with the system though.
I had thought that all my issues with it were possibly due to my total lack of technical nous followed by my total lack of memory.

A

Anonymous

So Peugeot group, when will the ng4 get a firmware update to address issues such as Bluetooth streaming - which is what I believed I was getting when I purchased the addon! As the car has been around for well over a year, there must be a service pack by now? Peugeot website has no helpful info on this either???

A

Anonymous

So have Peugeot done anything to improve this system and/or brought out a software upgrade ?

A

Anonymous

Ron my good mate, unfortunatley it's fairly obvious that Peugeot are brushing this one under the carpet.

When we first spoke many many months ago about the NG4 and the issues you were having with it I did think that you just needed to have a play around with it,and all will come good, however after now owning the RCZ for around 9 months and "playing" with the NG4 myself I can clearly see that it is in fact just a bit of "tinsle on the tree" that looks good but underneath the glamour it's a fairly useless piece of kit in some respects.

My main gripes, like most who have forked out a ridiculous amount of money for what is basicaly a pop up radio, are :
1. IT NEEDS A FIRMWARE UPDATE, (FREE)
2. IT SHOULD ALLOW FULL POST CODE ACCEPTANCE, NEVER MIND THAT THEY DONT HAVE FULL POST CODE IN BLOODY FRANCE, WE DO OVER HERE !
3. BLUETOOTH IS RUBBISH

A friend of mine has a system in his new Ford that in all honesty makes the NG4 look and perform like an old transistor radio, and to rub salt into the wound he gets free firmware updates, including maps, and the system cost him just £750 at point of sale.
Peugeot must be rubbing their hands and laughing all the way to the bank with this one.

A

Anonymous

I won't be purchasing an in built sat nav in my next Peugeot (assuming i get one) based on the current model and lack of updates. Looks good, but no after sales updates and lack of information is poor judgement on Peugeots part (IMO). Especially when standard system offers functionality not seen in ng4 (I.e Bluetooth music streaming). Bells and whistles... Hmm... Maybe a dog whistle.

A

Anonymous

jc73uk said:
I won't be purchasing an in built sat nav in my next Peugeot (assuming i get one) based on the current model and lack of updates. Looks good, but no after sales updates and lack of information is poor judgement on Peugeots part (IMO). Especially when standard system offers functionality not seen in ng4 (I.e Bluetooth music streaming). Bells and whistles... Hmm... Maybe a dog whistle.

"Next Peugeot" :eusa-think:

Hmm, not going to hold my breath while I decide on that one :roll:

A

Anonymous

Who is the real manufacturer of the rcz satnav as it not obviously manufactured by peugeot as most after market producers make them for car manufactures :eusa-think: garmin,tom,tom........etc this seems like indiginous design problem that no update will solve,and all your paying for is a fancy flip up 7" 720p screen in laymans terms and get right in there with peugeot you lot a have paid a great deal of hard earned for this mini screen thats not functioning as all budget halford/currys/dixons satnavs do

A

Anonymous

To be honest, Im am very disapointed with the whole music system setup, the NG4 is appaling for its price for all the reasons stated, especially Bluetooth streaming (screeming more like) and Ipod/phone compatability. In addition the JBL Speakers are attrociously installed. I say this because i cant see how loud they are (not that I normally want to) because of the vibration/distortion from the mounting.

However the customer service i hav received from Peugeot HQ (through this forum) has been amazing, with them sorting out a few issues, however the main dealers have been very lacklustre so far.

A

Anonymous

I notice that no one from Peugeot is rushing to make a comment. :thumbdown:

Emu and sand come to mind here. :(

Attachments

• Head-in-Sand-TOSOD-.jpg
    Head-in-Sand-TOSOD-.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 6,073
A

Anonymous

Maybe there is a cost implication to upgrade the software with new features, which would not be free of charge?
After all, what do you expect from a system which already cost £1470. Full post code entry?