What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Observation...

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Anonymous

Mr Shiney,
Great post and well said.

Like a few others I've been getting more and more dismayed by the negativity creeping in. But you've managed to put my own thoughts far more eloquently than I ever could have!

I'm coming up to the one year mark and my cars been a delight. Long may it continue...

A

Anonymous

Rcz9191 said:
For the record my Zed DOES NOT have any issues, I don't feel the need to continually discuss that or heap praise on it for that

Wouldnt it be nice though if others took the same attitude as you, so if they feel their car is fault free just leave it at that, no need to keep running the praises when someone says the opposite.

Why do owners that are happy keep telling anyone that enquires about the RCZ to ignore the negative or depressing threads, it is that attitude that really annoys me,
people have the right to say if they have some issues without being classed as negative.

My point is there are numerous posts where owners have raised issues, these are there for all to see and for all to comment on, however there just seems to be some who cannot accept critism for the car, just because they have not had any issues themselves.

It's great that owners are more than happy with their car, but how anyone can say that all the issues raised are "just opinions" is just not true.

As for my own personal opinion, well i can only repeat it again, love the looks, like driving it, bit loud in the cabin, some bits could of been put together a bit better.

If that is classed as negative or depressing then this site is totaly biased against anyone who raises an issue or expresses a concern regarding the RCZ, and if that is the case anyone coming on here are surely not getting the real facts, and that would be a shameful thing for this site, because i honestly think that people should be allowed to raise concerns and talk about genuine issues they have experienced without being labeled as a negative.

My whole point here is, yes be pro-RCZ but also let people give their comments without getting slated for saying something against such a stunning car.
Because this is how this site is going and it's wrong.

A

Anonymous

Jactac, sorry mate but you missed the point completely......

The 'issues' that you and a couple of others have are not 'issues' they are a personal perspective on what you don't LIKE about the car. You then bang on and on about it.

You are then condemning those who have had nothing but enjoyment from the car as being wrong.

REAL issues that people should be aware of are things like the mirror staining which the forum discussed and highlighted the solution. The DPF problem that seems to effect some people, again discussed and helpful.

The rest of it is minor niggles like how to use the Sat Nav or install the speed cameras. I don't see personal gripes like the suspension is to hard or it should have a centre exhaust or the turbo is not noisy enough or any of the other things you and the couple of others list as being 'issues' with the car.

At the end of the day, its a new car to the market, there are always going to be niggles with any new product and this forum just distils those into one place but what I see on the whole is a bunch of people delighted with the car and a couple of restless natives upset with there own decision making and needing to vent the resulting frustration on others.

I will give Rob his due, he bought the car, admitted it was not for him and changed it.

As I keep saying, I can't fault the car but then I probably did my research properly first, did multiple test drives and satisfied myself it suited my needs before I bought it. Do I think I got it right? Probably. Is there anything I would change? I will probably buy the Diesel next time as I only get 27mpg out of it!!

A

Anonymous

I actually picked my car up today from Pinley House (Peugeot UK Headquarters) after just over two weeks. The dpf filter has been changed for a new one, my new wing mirrors were fitted and my brake discs have been skimmed as I was experiencing very poor braking performance compared to two other RCZ's I have driven.

Now for the bad news......

My brakes are no different and they valeted my car and it looks like someone has been over it with a brillo pad. :twisted: Some of you may remember this happened to me at the dealership when my RCZ was in for its 1000 mile checkup. The car was polished at the body shop and the issue was quickly resolved. This time I am really p*ssed off. The scratches are far worse. My dealership checked my car over before it went to Pinley House and he reported that it was immaculate. They know that I detail my car every two weeks and I keep it in pristine condition.

All the hundreds of hours I have spent detailing car my have been wrecked by some heavy handed muppet who obviously has no idea how to wash a car. I am taking my RCZ back to Pinley House on Monday and I'm looking for some suggestions as to what I should ask for in way of compensation. I am that angry that I feel like taking legal action against Peugeot for negligence.

If this is the way Peugeot HQ treat someones car what chance have any of us got. This was supposed to be my dream car and it is turning into an absolute nightmare. The new passengers wing mirror has also not been fitted correctly as there is a gap at the top of the mirror housing stalk and the door panel.

Absolutely shocking Peugeot!!!!!!!!!

I am a real owner and this car is not what I would expect for £27000! This is the worst new car I have ever bought and yet it promised so much. It probably is not the cars fault but the manufacturers quality. Many people warned me about buying a Peugeot, but I had never owned one before and did not believe all the horror stories. I really wish I had listened to them now.

A

Anonymous

My "issues" were and always have been the rusting hubs/calipers and noisy mirrors, the rest that i hadcommented on have been my own personal opinions and nothing more.

Yes they maybe minor and yes i have "banged on" about them , but when some asks for an opinion on the car then this is the opinion i have of it.
As for exhausts, sat navs, or turbos these have NEVER been an issue for me.

I have never condemed anyone for liking the car, in fact i can see why people do like the car, I LIKE THE BLOODY CAR, but what does get my gripe is when some people will just not allow someone to give an opinion if it ever so slightly critises the RCZ without them having to keep saying "dont take any notice of the negatives".
This annoys me more than anything on the RZC.
Why are peoples personal opinions negative, if that is how they feel about a car ? why is me saying that "IMO the cabin is noisy", being negative ?
It's my opinion nobody elses !

As for changing the car, well unfortunately not everyone on this site is in the position to swap and change cars within a few months of getting it, when they find they are not 100 % happy with it, jesus i wish i was in such a position.

A

Anonymous

As for changing the car, well unfortunately not everyone on this site is in the position to swap and change cars within a few months of getting it, when they find they are not 100 % happy with it, jesus i wish i was in such a position.

Me too!

A

Anonymous

Careful Hart,
you being negative m8 :eusa-whistle:

But then i guess you have every right to be.

A

Anonymous

jactac said:
Rcz9191 said:
For the record my Zed DOES NOT have any issues, I don't feel the need to continually discuss that or heap praise on it for that

Wouldnt it be nice though if others took the same attitude as you, so if they feel their car is fault free just leave it at that, no need to keep running the praises when someone says the opposite.

Doesnt that work both ways? Playing devils advocate here so dont take offence....Why should I have to listen to a couple of vocal members who harp on about "issues" I dont and may never have and dont give a flying duck about? Why do you and a couple of others dive on anyone who wants to post a positive about there car and have to give an instant depressing/negative view in a quest to balance out there happier view? Its a bit odd when half your own cars dont have the issues ypu keep banging on about ...for example Do your mirrors leak white stuff?

I will worry about an issue if and when my car develops one..i will then pop on here and hope to find some factual info about the fault and the fix.

My wine glass is half full, is yours half empty?

Cheers

The Moose
:beer:

A

Anonymous

jactac said:
Careful Hart,
you being negative m8 :eusa-whistle:

But then i guess you have every right to be.

Hi jactac,

I actually like my RCZ, but Peugeot have failed to deliver as far as I am concerned. I think forum members need to know that we are not all experiencing a great time with our RCZ's. After owning mine since last Decemebr I think I have only had one months uninterrupted driving without it being at the dealership for something. I agree with you, that's not being negative. It's the truth. I would love to be one the forum singing it's praises, but i have had a terrible experience.

A

Anonymous

well said "jactac and mr shiney" both ends of the spectrum and a photo finish i think,but of course i will lean towards jactac's view that we have right to say what we like about the car and what we dislike about the car i have done the same with the £2,500 tv i purchase on an av forum :wtf: even after 3 test drives i still dont think you would get the rcz?research whats there to research???only others opinion only when the honeymoon period is over on any new car these dislikes creep in :eusa-think: i am probably the least biased owner on this forum simply because i didnt buy this car and spend the best part of £30ggg's on it,i personally think the dislikes with rcz are what you miss with your previous car personally and i miss a sporty drive badly some of my dislikes are totally indiginous to the rcz,i am still a member of the civinfo forum and its the same as this only on a much larger membership..examples "i dont like this about the CTR" "i want to change this" "and that this dealership is rubbish" "i wouldnt buy an another civic but still after changing brands they stay on that forum "WHY"I DONT KNOW its just how forums are.

live and let live :beer: Honesty about a product/car is good wether its good bad or indifferent we can take something away with us from any type of opinion.

yours sincerely
james ;) :)

A

Anonymous

Hart,
this is just the point i'm trying to get across, some people are not happy, and they have a right to speak out.

I'm NOT as Rcz9191 suggests trying to convince people this is a bad car, i'm just saying if you feel you have a problem, a niggle an issue or whatever, speak up and say so.
If people want to sing the praises then thats great, carry on but let others who feel they have a gripe be allowed to say their bit without being told they are just being negative.

That is all i'm saying. simple.

Anyway hope you get your sorted m8.

A

Anonymous

Rcz9191 said:
My wine glass is half full, is yours half empty?

Cheers

The Moose

No, but my can of Bow is, so i'm logging out and off to the fridge.

A

Anonymous

jactac said:
Hart,
this is just the point i'm trying to get across, some people are not happy, and they have a right to speak out.

I'm NOT as Rcz9191 suggests trying to convince people this is a bad car, i'm just saying if you feel you have a problem, a niggle an issue or whatever, speak up and say so.
If people want to sing the praises then thats great, carry on but let others who feel they have a gripe be allowed to say their bit without being told they are just being negative.

I totally agree mate. We don't all live in RCZ utopia. I wish I did, but my experiences have now left a pretty bad taste in my mouth.

I think I will join you as I have a few nice cold beers in the fridge that are calling me.

A

Anonymous

Hart said:
jactac said:
Hart,

I totally agree mate. We don't all live in RCZ utopia. I wish I did, but my experiences have now left a pretty bad taste in my mouth.

I think I will join you as I have a few nice cold beers in the fridge that are calling me.

i am on my second grolsch ;) drowning my sorrows as i am unemployed again the new job i had only on lasted 2 weeks i hated it badly so NO great loss but her indoors is gracking up because i aint been paid yet they owe me £1500 :(

PS JACTAC I want your solstice wheels :x :)

A

Anonymous

jactac said:
Hart,

Never said you were trying to convince people its a bad car, was trying to establish why you feel the need to worry about things that are not a problem on your own car and may never be...such as the door mirror thing. Your dealer must have been mad or stupid to sell you a car :wtf:

You are right that people with problems have the right to raise them but owners who havent got issues have equal right to put forward that point of view.

It just seems at the moment people arent using issues as a positive to help others, tell peopld what the issue is, tell them what the cure was and we can all move forwards rather than degenerating into the mines ok /mines s**** type of threads ...

If i was Hart I would also be p****d off as what hes talking about simply isnt on, but his/her ownership experience isnt mine. I hope someone at Peugeot UK mans up and sorts it for you.

Im off to open my second bottle of red and fire up a nice cuban cigar.

Cheers

The Moose

A

Anonymous

just tucked mine up for the night, cctv focused on her, she even looks fab in the dark.just topped up my la vita and am a very happy bee now.

A

Anonymous

Rcz9191 said:
jactac said:
Hart,

Never said you were trying to convince people its a bad car, was trying to establish why you feel the need to worry about things that are not a problem on your own car and may never be...such as the door mirror thing. Your dealer must have been mad or stupid to sell you a car :wtf:

You are right that people with problems have the right to raise them but owners who havent got issues have equal right to put forward that point of view.

It just seems at the moment people arent using issues as a positive to help others, tell peopld what the issue is, tell them what the cure was and we can all move forwards rather than degenerating into the mines ok /mines shite type of threads ...

If i was Hart I would also be pissed off as what hes talking about simply isnt on, but his/her ownership experience isnt mine. I hope someone at Peugeot UK mans up and sorts it for you.

Im off to open my second bottle of red and fire up a nice cuban cigar.

Cheers

The Moose

2nd bottle your as bad as my mrs :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.