What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Observation...

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Anonymous

i think your brave to say it. but i for one recon the rcz is a fab car.

A

Anonymous

yeah but look at the amount of positivity the car gets- outweighs the negatives by far!!!

A

Anonymous

you'lll be able to make up your own mind after having the car a few months

RCZ1

Reaction score
Don't let the negativity of some minority forum members put you off and don't be afraid to air your views. I've been a member of this forum almost since it's inception and the majority of the forum is positive and very pleased with their RCZs. Maybe some people bought the wrong car and that does happen sometimes, and people find the cars not for them. But that's for them to do something about!

Yes some people have had faults but I like many others have had trouble free motoring. In my case, 11 months. I wouldn't be without it. It's everything that I want in a car.

On the whole this is a great little community for all things RCZ :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

Nothing but good things to say about the car. Please see my last post .

A

Anonymous

Well i'm gonna stir the soup here and say that we all give our opinions on our own experiences with our own RCZ's.

So if some say they have not had problems then thats great, but if others have reported problems then that also has to be taken on board.

Take a look at some of the issues raised in the other threads like technical discusion ect , there are lots of issues raised, and then decide if some of them are quite common, try and get a feel for the most common issues raised, i dont think theres any major problems, but IMO just a bit of tinkering here and there would be sufficient.

In genaral though i will say that any quality or negative issues raised do seem to be all around the same sort of areas, but nothing major to report but just lacking on the finishing touch.

The actual truth is though you wont know until you buy your own and find out for yourself.

There could be a 100% positive feedback on this forum and then you go out and buy one and it turns out to be a dud, and then when you post you problems you would be the first person to write up a negative on your own experience, so like i say keep an open mind, buy one and report back, whether that be good or bad, afterall it's just a personal opinion on our own experiences, and we have ALL had different experiences whilst owning an RCZ, some good some not so good !

A

Anonymous

I can understand what you're saying, I'm new here too and it can come across that way but I believe they're all real. I haven't got my car yet and first it worried me all the bad comments but then reading closer it seems that a few people have been rather unlucky and I completely agree with RCZ1 comments about things just sometimes don't fit. I started reading more and I find there are loads of people who love their cars.

I'm going from two cars that were (are) solid as a rock. I'm trading in my Z3 which has been awesome since the day I bought it (The person who gets that will be very lucky, i was sorely tempted to keep it but then in the end decided to change) and a mondeo that looks as good as the day I bought it nearly 4 years ago. I'll take the rough with the smooth I have a warranty and intend to use it if required but at least I'm going in expecting that there could be things to fix.

It seems that some people have had issues with some dealers (not too many I think). I can agree with this to an extent due to my experience but it balances out in the end; to give an example ...

I saw an RCZ and loved it so at my local dealer we agreed a price, placed a deposit and signed papers for a new car. They forgot to reserve the car and someone else got to the car before they did so it went. They then called us up and told us we'd lost the car because we hadn't acted quick enough :wtf: and if we want another we'll lose out on our trade in prices. Not impressed at all, they didn't reserve the car when they said they would, indicated it was our fault and then we lost out. This probably meant we wouldn't have been able to get one. So not a good experience :thumbdown:

We then spoke to another dealer actually via this forum (a certain Marcus from Perry's) and he said he'd see what he could do. He found out that there was only 1 car left in holding in the colour and spec we wanted but it had been booked out to another dealer the previous day. This looks like it was the car the previous dealer didn't reserve in time. Marcus found out the dealer who had reserved it, spoke to them and found out it was for their show room. He had a chat with them and they agreed to swap RCZ's around. They were excellent as well and agreed so Marcus now had our car coming to him which he could then sell it to us. We've had regular contact from Marcus and now our sales guy Steve and they've even posted look whats coming soon pic. I can honestly say I've never known any dealer to go to so much effort. :thumbup:

One part was a bad experience but the other (so far, I haven't got the car yet ;-) ) has been excellent.

As far as the negative comments go there are bad ones about the cars, some big ones, but then end of the day I like them sharing as it keeps it real for me.

Got to say though welcome to the board :wave: because personally I think that was a great hello, much better than my "hi from southend".

FGRob

Reaction score
Alzo said:
I'm a newbie and I certainly do not want to get off on the wrong foot...but having browsed this site for a few evenings I cannot help but notice there is a fair degree of negativity surrounding the car that the very Forum is based on...now I'm not niave enough to think that any vehicle is without it's faults...but some of the comments leave me wondering if these people are genuine owners or just people trying to spread negative vibes about the product....sorry but I just felt I had to say this....what's the general concensus????
Interesting comment, but what you say is typical of any forum which as been running for a while, I've been on this forum since it started and in fact was a mod, normally when a forum is started a car is on the road, this was one of the first I've been on where I had not got the car along with many others.

Most forums see new members as they often have a problems that needs sorting - that is fact and therefore the negitive always comes out, crap car, waste of time dealers etc etc etc. often being said. This forum was completely different in the beggining and everyone was on the same level - waiting for their new car, in fact I had the first one in Stoke on Trent.

So moving on by 16 months, things change, more cars on the road, some coming into the second hand market, owners also experiencing living wth the car for 12 months - problems with cars starts to hit the forum and then the bandwagon starts, you then have the decision on modderation - too strict and the forum will die, not enough modderation people will run riot, which there is an element of on here - you just need to compromise which is always difficult.

I see this forum going a little quiet over the next couple of years mainly due to the nature of the car and the volume sold, I will never regret buying my RCZ it's been a complete new experience for me with some great adventures, :crazy: :crazy: but I've had problems and the decision was made to sell, no messing about as I don't believe in doing that, but this is history and that is why I asked to have my older thread locked, there is no need for it any more time to move on as they say.

I will always be around to help if possible, even though I've not got the car and the main reason for this is it's still one of the best forums I've had the pleasure to be a member of, any way I always say take no notice of them just do your own thing. :thumbup: :wave:

Rob - Oh yes you can see my car in my sig.

A

Anonymous

Well said Rob,

Please do not allow my negative comments put you off in the least,My 200(THP) is now just over a year old mileage still an average 10k or so,yes i have issues with certain parts of the RCZ,but overall its a good car,and yes would buy another perhaps in 2013 when an updated version will probably arrive.My reasons are well documented so no need to bore you further.

If i was aske'd to recommend the car my simple answer is yes,but second time around i would concider the 156(THP) due to it's slightly softer damping,and perhaps the car being more user friendly for my need's,other negative's i have highlighted are personal not an overall opinion.

I am lucky with my dealer as they are a small family based company and we have both discovered more about this car as the 12 months have passed,it's been a good learning curve for both.

To sum this one up,during the last five years,i have been fortunate to own two Vw Golf's mk5 gti's,one Scoobie Sti (type uk) and a Vw Tiguan,and another Golf Gt tdi,and i would rate the RCZ in second place behind the Golf edition 30.

So as you can all read,im not as negative as some of you make out :thumbup:

Joske

Reaction score
Sint-Huibrechts-Hern - Limburg - Flanders
The biggest problem on forums in general is that people with problems complain, but the majority of people without problems don't say anything. Just because there's nothing to complain about. And so you get the feeling that there are a lot of problems with a car.

Don't get me wrong, it's good that problems come out. So owners can in some way anticipate on whats going to happen.

A

Anonymous

I think Rob's points are very valid.

I look on here every day and it's now rare if someone has not raised an issue with the RCZ, now that's not saying that the cars are falling apart, it's just obvious that there are now more owners coming online and therefore this can bring some bad reviews as well as good. People have to accept this.

The problem as I see it here is that, like all car forum sites you will find your hardcore followers who have been a members from the early days and have owned the car from the very beginning, they will defend it no matter what anyone else thinks, they just dont like to read critism of a product that they have defended for so long.
And then you will find the realist owner, who says it exactly as it is, good or bad. This forum is no different to any other in that respect, both types of owner will be there, but as this forum is fairly new it's only now getting a good mix of both types of owner.

Personaly if i'm reading a review on any product i tend to take more notice of the ones that give an open view, good or bad, and not the ones that say everything is a bed of roses all the time, it doesnt matter how many heads it turns or how shiny the product is.
Like someone wrote above, the negative comments "keep it real". I think it's right that owners raise issues and say it as it really is.

Now I'm no expert on cars, but i have owned many over the years, far too many to mention, but what i do know is that no car is 100% trouble free all the time and that includes the RCZ.

It would just be nice if everyone could accept that the RCZ is a stunning looking car thats drives nice but needs a bit of tweaking to sort out minor issues..

A

Anonymous

Joske said:
The biggest problem on forums in general is that people with problems complain, but the majority of people without problems don't say anything. Just because there's nothing to complain about. And so you get the feeling that there are a lot of problems with a car.

Don't get me wrong, it's good that problems come out. So owners can in some way anticipate on whats going to happen.

Joske, i find on here though that it's a hardcore group of "happy" members that get rattled when someone like myself, Jassey or Dolanog speak our minds.

We get branded as negative people just for raising or commenting on issues that the RCZ clearly has. Getting branded as negative or even having an open dispute can put some people off from airing the real views, which is a shame.
Luckily some owners are more thick skinned, and feel that their opinions and feelings should be aired.

Keep it real , say it as it is, owning an RCZ isnt all about snowfoaming, a great shine, or driving into a corner "on rails" whilst turning heads !!

A

Anonymous

Jactac, I am not one of the hard core members here, rather just a casual observer. Please don't take this the wrong way but as a casual observer my view of the negative posts are they are a bit like a stuck record. You and a few others are clearly dissatisfied with the car for what strikes me as really trivial reasons. Not satisfied with accepting the car does not meet your requirements you then spend a lot of time trying to convince others to agree with you.

There is ying and yang in everything. Personally I found my GT200 to be a delight. I don't think the suspension is to hard or the stereo not loud enough or the fact that the sat nav only accepts 5 digits and only delivers me to the door rather than the downstairs toilet an inconvenience. My car does not rattle squeak groan or complain. It starts every time I put my key in and goes. I do not desire to modify it beyond what it is nor do I think I know better than the engineers who designed it. I have no problems with the way the exhausts look or sound, neither the turbo or the waste gate.

I don't want to drive it round the track with delusions of being the next motor racing great.

I want to get in it, drive to work, the shops, the restaurant or the train station or wherever. I want it to do it quietly and reliably. I don't want to wash and polish it like it belongs in the Sistine Chapel (in fact I have washed it once since April). In all of these aspects the car has delivered 100% and it to top it all off the car looks great and turns heads.

The customer service of my dealership has improved remarkably after sat the dealer principle and one of the directors down and explained my issue. They took it onboard and to date I have no complaints. They have not tried to flog me interim services, they fixed the one issue with the mirrors in a timely manner.

I am a hard to please customer, but looking at some of you guys I look like a saint!!!

A

Anonymous

The stuck record thing goes both ways, theres nothing more annoying than people constantly praising the car simply because it turns bloody heads and handles ok.

Ok you've only had the mirror issue, and some others can thankfully report no faults at all, and thats great but does it mean the other owners with issues and opinions have to just shut up . I DONT THINK SO !!!

Your comments are really just proving my point, that there are some on here that will just not accept a bit of criticism regarding the RCZ.

As for trivial reasons, yes they are minor and as i' and others have repeatedly said, theres nothing major to report, however they are REAL issues and should be raised on a forum such as this. It may seem like it's repeated over and over, but that just proves that some of the issues are not isolated.

Whether others agree with my opinions or not i couldnt really give a monkeys nut, but i can assure you that i'm not out to convince people to agree with me, but i would suggest it is the "happy gang" that are forever coming on here praising and defending a car that has got issues, it is them that seem to be on some sort of crusade.

As for Peugeot customer service, i dont think i have had any issues from them, in fact i've had little to do with my local dealer, the car went in to check the mirrors and look at the rusting calipers. Any other comments i've made are on the quality of build and cabin noise, which like yours are just personal opinions.

The other bit i find interesting in all this negative v positive thing is that us "neggies" can openly accept that you are happy with your purchase, and do not slag anyone off for being a happy RCZ owner, we just raise our personal opinions on the RCZ, yet the "happies" seem threatend by our personal experiences and opininions so jump to defend the RCZ at every opportunity. If it's such a good, trouble free car surely in time it will speak for itself !!

I think though it's good that people like yourself can offer positive remarks, but it would be a lot better for the forum and far more constructive if you could accept that the RCZ does have its faults and that it's ok to air them.
Even if you are a saint !!!!

A

Anonymous

this forum is very quiet due to the car still being scarce on the road maybe it will stay that way or maybe it will get a lot more popular who knows??? if the car is discounted it will get more popular,my car is FAULTLESS buts its only 2 months/2000 miles old, but feels really solid SO IT SHOULD STAY THAT WAY,my gripes are how it drives i expected sporty i dont care if its only got 156bhp it should still feel sporty and it does not,the 200thp feels mildly sporty in my opinion it just feels like a 308 to drive and i have driven one of them,also the rcz is very expensive for a peugeot and can be astronomically expensive ounce loaded up, are peugeot reaching out too high after all £30,000+ for a peugeot is stamping on big german toes.

EXAMPLE...................I paid £17,000 for a honda civic type R gt with extras 17 months after production started,the same guys who purchased the car within the first year of its production paid £23,000 plus thats when there forum got busier ounce the discounting started,if sales targets are not achieved it will get discounted

A

Anonymous

Ive been lurking here for a bit and have been a bit depressed by some owners attitudes....Jactac... the car HAS Issues in your opinion , not in the opinion of others as mr Shiney has just posted that he doesn't think there is issues.

There is almost hypochondriac tendencies being displayed...some one posts that their car made a squeak or it's ram turbo fandangle isnt in spec and a portion of owners run out to there car to see if they can find the same....why worry about it if your car doesn't do it?? if people explain what problem they have had and what the solution was the forum becomes are useful database to help us owners if an issue arrises but some people seem to continually post about a list of issues/problems when they don't seem to have these themselves which seems a bit odd to me.

All cars from all manufacturers have issues/problems ...my mate has a range rover sport diesel that blew it's engine at 8k. My sister had a merc that went so rusty it had new wings under warranty!

If you spend your whole time looking for faults and issues you will find them for any car , all you are doing is spoiling your own enjoyment.

For the record my Zed DOES NOT have any issues, I don't feel the need to continually discuss that or heap praise on it for that, it has had one issue when it was new..I called my dealer , they collected it from my work and it came back fixed. It was some trivial thing that needed a computer download so I also don't feel the need to continually discuss that either.

Anyway I'm back of to lurking in the background...

Cheers

The Moose

Status
Not open for further replies.