What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Newbie looking for an R

Kerr

Reaction score
Wow that’s bad! Considering it only had a service recently that would set alarm bells ringing for me, obviously a coolant leak question is where?

Buying from a dealer though you could flag before purchase so it’s sorted.

My thoughts would be why would the previous owner spend so much money on recent servicing and the brakes, then put the car to trade?

They would get poor money from the trade for the car after spending probably near £4000.

Kerr

Reaction score
There is a single owner 15 plate car with 13,800 miles popped up on AutoTrader. The garage is asking £15,990.

It looks a really good one.

M19YEA

Reaction score
Yeah it does good that one and decent price too.
not the best colour on R though I think 🤔

Kerr

Reaction score
Yeah it does good that one and decent price too.
not the best colour on R though I think 🤔

Black cars look excellent when they are clean. They don't stay clean for long though.

Look at the condition of the brakes. It's clearly a car that has been stored well.

It's got front parking sensors and the JBL hifi. They haven't pictured the roof.

If I was looking for another one I do think I'd go for that one.

M19YEA

Reaction score
Black cars look excellent when they are clean. They don't stay clean for long though.

Look at the condition of the brakes. It's clearly a car that has been stored well.

It's got front parking sensors and the JBL hifi. They haven't pictured the roof.

It’s hardly been driven at all. Great buy for someone.
I had a black car years ago so I know what you mean, goes so nice with chrome wheels.
I just think the cherry red or silver looks better on the R for some reason.

AlBuck

Reaction score

That's a crazy low mileage though, maybe it was used as a track day car

Claret63

Reaction score
There is a single owner 15 plate car with 13,800 miles popped up on AutoTrader. The garage is asking £15,990.

It looks a really good one.

Look’s really good for the money, bargain in my opinion.

Says in the add only one key, wonder why.

It looks as in new condition, incredible value, the previous owner must have let it go for little money.

Last edited:

Kerr

Reaction score
That's a crazy low mileage though, maybe it was used as a track day car

I highly doubt it in that condition. The steering wheel looks brand new. It looks like that barcode is still on the key.

Claret63

Reaction score
The barcode was still on my spare key, I would love to see this car in the flesh, it looks factory fresh, I just wish there were more pictures, you really need to see the engine bay and a close up of brakes.

I just think its too cheap, am curious why?

M19YEA

Reaction score
It states they are uploading more pictures but sometimes they never do.
maybe something to hide potentially

AlBuck

Reaction score
Going back to basics, and risking being ridiculed, is there any means of carrying more kit?

You see unlike most of you guys If I get an R it will be my only car, and I've just realised I won't fit my fishing gear in.

After reading the "Carbuyer" review, the exert I've pasted below put it in my head this wouldn't be a problem.

"As long as the cramped rear seating isn’t an issue, the RCZ is surprisingly practical thanks to its large 384-litre boot, which is bigger than the 292 litres you get in the Volkswagen Scirocco, the 305 litres of the Audi TT and the 243-litre boot of the Toyota GT86. The Peugeot’s rear seats also fold down, freeing up additional space for longer trips and bulkier items. A large hatchback gives good access, but lifting items over the rear bumper requires some muscle."

I've now realised this isn't the case, does anybody know of any rack or towing system that can be used to carry additional gear, main problem being my rods, I've searched online and it seems there's a towbar, but it doesn't fit the R, and a suction pad boot rack that sounds like a disaster waiting to happen!

If there is I may well go for the £15,990 black car, or at least go and inspect it in person and report back to you guys! They do offer an amazing sounding warranty at an additional cost of £895 for 3 years, it's from a company called Evolution Warranties who are new and have only been trading for a year, the only reviews I can find are on google.

Claret63

Reaction score
Buy the R and give up fishing? Joking aside yes I can see the issue with the tow bar, think it may be due to the rear valance.

I cant see that R hanging around for long personally, so you need to be quick.

Charlie1875

Reaction score
Just had a look at the advert, looks like there is 2 keys, 1 in ingition and 1 in the centre console, agreed very little wear on the steering wheel, no mention in the advert about service history though.

worth HPi ing it as the logbook was changed February 2024, could be a private plate was on it!

well priced though with good mot history.

agreed they have just valeted it so probably won’t be any further pictures appearing soon.

im happy with my black R but if I was in the market this would be on my radar, will sell pretty quickly I should think.

AlBuck

Reaction score
Buy the R and give up fishing? Joking aside yes I can see the issue with the tow bar, think it may be due to the rear valance.

I cant see that R hanging around for long personally, so you need to be quick.
I think a previous piece of advice you gave me is looking more likely, that is to buy a TT!

The problem is it doesn't excite me like the thought of getting an R...

Charlie1875

Reaction score
Hi mate, must have been someone else, I’ve never advised anyone to buy an tt,

all I can say is an R will put a big smile on your face!

Claret63

Reaction score
I think a previous piece of advice you gave me is looking more likely, that is to buy a TT!

The problem is it doesn't excite me like the thought of getting an R...

The R is special, I think the problem is finding a good one, they do need servicing properly and a lot of parts moving forward will be hard to source, hence people will cut corners.

I think in comparison with the TT it would have to be the R/S to pry me away from an R, the base models or MK2 TTS just isn’t special enough, although the MK 3 TTS is a very quick car.

That black R is special.

AlBuck

Reaction score
Hi mate, must have been someone else, I’ve never advised anyone to buy an tt,

all I can say is an R will put a big smile on your face!
No that was to Claret63, it was when I'd said I was looking for an R at £10-12k, after looking around I realised he was right if I wanted a good one and upped my limit.

M19YEA

Reaction score
I’ve had a TT and won’t be buying another. It was an old one but still I wouldn’t buy a newer one.
I think a GT 200 RCZ is better