What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Newbie Collecting Car on Saturday!

A

Anonymous

heres a pic of the other lady in my life too..

A

Anonymous

belongs to a mate of mine who dumped it there with seized brakes a few weeks ago and i havent had a chance to sort it. Also in the drive is a 91 Panda, 77 Allegro Estate and 2 Minis

A

Anonymous

Yeah i like it, it does feel surprisingly wide and am paranoid about parking near the kerb of my cul de sac incase i hit the nose. Otherwise no complaints drives fine and has a surprising amount of torque.

A

Anonymous

Yea they say the old tractor engine is a good one ;) great on the fuel too, sure is wide, I had an Audi A5 and that was a big car but the pug seems to take up a larger foot print somehow!!

A

Anonymous

Seems quite smooth and pokey but am by no means a diesel expert! Yeah u think ur well over in a bay untill u realise its almost touching both sides!

A

Anonymous

djdan said:
Seems quite smooth and pokey but am by no means a diesel expert! Yeah u think ur well over in a bay untill u realise its almost touching both sides!
I can highly recommend the diesel- its more economical than my previous A6 & 5 series - both 2.0l diesel - it drives quicker than those too as well. I also had a cooper s that had the same 1.6 petrol engine as the RCZ - very revvy and always having to drop a gear to accelerate.

A

Anonymous

Scott barton said:
djdan said:
I can highly recommend the diesel- its more economical than my previous A6 & 5 series - both 2.0l diesel - it drives quicker than those too as well. I also had a cooper s that had the same 1.6 petrol engine as the RCZ - very revvy and always having to drop a gear to accelerate.

I'm on to my 4th diesel pug ...love 'em!

A

Anonymous

It like it but it will never replace Petrol for me, purely for the noise alone

A

Anonymous

Only oil burner I've had was the Audi, nothing wrong with diesel and I'm sure the pug lump is a gem but I found with the price of diesel over petrol nowadays and the miles I do it works out cheaper to run a petrol ;)

t110jim

Reaction score
the orange mclaren was posing around Inverness the other week Donna is that you OH c63 on detailing world write up by polished bliss

A

Anonymous

t110jim said:
the orange mclaren was posing around Inverness the other week Donna is that you OH c63 on detailing world write up by polished bliss

We only collected the Merc on Tuesday, so it wasn't our one :) hopefully give it a wash at the weekend and take a few photos. RS leaves today on a transporter, I'm surprised just how sad Steve is to see it go. Can't understand why he's bought another car the way he's acting.....

Road trip to Pitlochry with it next week, hope it doesn't snow......

We won't use Polished Bliss now we've been to Premium Detailing. They're a quarter of the price and according to my nieghbour who's now used both, I don't think he'll go back to PB either ..... might as well take the car to PD 3-4 times a year and you'd never need to clay/polish/ wax at all!

I was wondering about trying AM Detailing in Elgin sometime though, they look really good and handy enough to get back to get home on the train and leave the car.....

RCZ1

Reaction score
Sometimes we get very attached to a particular car. I still think very fondly of my last car - Tigra convertible in red. It was a great car. Not fast by any stretch of the imagination (1.4) but it just stole my heart. I saw one for sale privately recently, parked in a prominent position with a For Sale sign on it and it had the same extras as mine did, same colour - exactly alike but it had a private plate. Mine was a bit different to most. I nearly enquired about it because I wondered if it was my old car, I would have been interested in buying it again but OH thought I was mad.

If I lived up in Scotland I would have Polished Bliss do my car. I know they are more expensive then PD but I suppose they have greater overheads. The work I have seen them do over the last few years is phenomenal and they seem to be a truly professional outfit and fully test out all products to ensure they are as good or better as those they stock already before adding them to their shop and to ensure they have a full understanding on how to get the best out of them. Not saying that there is anything wrong with PD, far from it, just always been impressed with the set up at PB.

A

Anonymous

I know alan from AM Details personally, the man certainly knows his stuff and all his own products have become the products to use locally and with other detaillers! He has a facebook page where he updates pictures etc. Pb have an amazing collection of products and customers but they are a bit too expensive now due to there celebrity status.

A

Anonymous

djdan said:
I know alan from AM Details personally, the man certainly knows his stuff and all his own products have become the products to use locally and with other detaillers! He has a facebook page where he updates pictures etc. Pb have an amazing collection of products and customers but they are a bit too expensive now due to there celebrity status.

But what products do they actually use as all the detailing products appear to be self branded...? :eusa-think: I realise that seems like I just answered my own question but I'd prefer a more reputable product. I don't have a designer detailing product fetish but would prefer a known brand be used on my car.

A

Anonymous

He uses a mixture of his own and other companies. You can ask him to use anything really, he does dodo juice and things aswell.

A

Anonymous

djdan said:

I've seen a few AM Detail stuff sitting about the garage of PD. I follow AM on FB (lots of initials here, sorry) his work seems great!

I was on Focus RS Direct website yesterday and I want a shine like this .......

http://www.rs-direct.co.uk/stock_detail.php?idno=38

I wonder who their detailer is? That is just immense!! :text-bravo:

RCZ1

Reaction score
It does look good Donna but some of that is due to the white painted walls and lights in the detailing unit. They all do it because it does add a little something special to the reflections.
Obviously if a car was badly swirled etc it wouldn't look as good as that. The light wouldn't reflect very well. :)