What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

New boy here...

A

Anonymous

Hi guys just ordered today my new RCZ for my company car... White Diesel... tried to spec it up but had to go with standard set up... still a happy boy just waiting to hear how long it takes now to build... :dance: :dance:

A

Anonymous

Hi nelliebear ( :D ) and welcome to the forum :greetings-wavingblue: . NICE company car :thumbup: . I didn't add too many specifications to mine (just choice of leather and alloys) and got mine inside of 8 weeks so hopefully as yours doesn't have changes it will come through quickly too. Still, the forum will keep you entertained :beer:

A

Anonymous

Welcome Nelliebear from a similar Newbie. I ordered mine in October without extras and the build date was brought forward to 7 November with estimated delivery in early December so we both shoudn't have to long to wait hopefully!

Cheers

Dave

A

Anonymous

Hi ya

Welcome! I didn't add any extras to Flash and he still looks marvellous and goes like sh*t of a shiny shovel so no worries!

Cheers
Scarlet :greetings-wavingblue:

A

Anonymous

Welcome nelliebear.
You dont really need any extras, this car is packed with 'goodies' as standard-you'll love it!!! :thumbup:

RCZ1

Reaction score
Welcome nelliebear to the forum :greetings-wavingblue:

As Marthamay says above, you don't really need any extras - the car is superb in any guise :thumbup:

Have you gone for Opal White or Pearl White?

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the welcome... My Ford Focus CC will be missed but those extra 35 bhp's I'm looking forward to riding!
Has anyone here got an Opal RCZ? with pictures? Also all I've done is sat in one not driven the diesel what's it like? Also tell me about the rear spoiler...

A

Anonymous

nelliebear said:
...Also tell me about the rear spoiler...
Can only answer this part...the rear spoiler responds to first stage at 50mph and remains there until the speed drops again to below 30-35mph where it returns to the closed position. It opens fully to the second stage at 96mph (I think) but as this is illegal in the UK you can select the 2nd stage by pressing the button beside the handbrake. It's advised not to open this when the car is travelling as it could damage the mechanism. To close it again you simply press the same button for a few seconds.

A

Anonymous

Wow that sound like some expensive fun I'm going to be having ... Thanks for that

A

Anonymous

Hi and welcome, mines a CCar and all I had was the upgraded wheels and I'm chuffed. The only thing I might have bought myself would have been the sports wheel and box. 48.6 mpg in the last 2300 miles, ace.

A

Anonymous

My Pearl GT diesel is my first diesel car, it is absolutely fantastic,drive is so smooth,acceleration is great and economy good,all town driving so far and still averaged 45 mpg

A

Anonymous

nelliebear said:
Thanks for the welcome... My Ford Focus CC will be missed but those extra 35 bhp's I'm looking forward to riding!
Has anyone here got an Opal RCZ? with pictures? Also all I've done is sat in one not driven the diesel what's it like? Also tell me about the rear spoiler...

Nelliebear,

welcome to the family.

I pick up my HDI GT next week, coming from a Civic 2.2 GT cdti with 138 bhp, I test drove the Sport HDi before placing my order and it was a fantastic drive, loads of grunt throughout the gears and the car is very punchy from a standing start.

I have no doubt you will love it when it arrives.

As for the rear spoiler, it works and looks really cool. Who out there overides the auto setting when they get in the car?

All the best

Beef

A

Anonymous

Beefburga said:
...As for the rear spoiler, it works and looks really cool. Who out there overides the auto setting when they get in the car?

All the best

Beef
I occasionally override the button but not if I'm likely to forget to close it again before leaving the car :text-blondmoment: as it would be easily damaged by little cow doodoos!!! (See other threads for explanation :lol: ). I like the idea of sitting on a dual carriageway with the car behind trying to figure out what causes the spoiler to appear/disappear. :lol:

A

Anonymous

BangorRCZ said:
I like the idea of sitting on a dual carriageway with the car behind trying to figure out what causes the spoiler to appear/disappear. :lol:

Nacky little way of thanking the car behind for letting you in a lane.

A

Anonymous

Beefburga said:
BangorRCZ said:
I like the idea of sitting on a dual carriageway with the car behind trying to figure out what causes the spoiler to appear/disappear. :lol:

Nacky little way of thanking the car behind for letting you in a lane.
Yeah, except that if you operate the spoiler manually at excesses of 6mph there is a real risk of seriously damaging the mechanism so I think I'll just stick to using my hazards! :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

How does manually operating the spoiler run the risk of damaging anything ? If the car itself deploys the spoiler at 34 mph and 97 mph respectively then that also would damage the mechanism ! All the switch inside the car does is manually operate the same mechanism as the car itself utilises

A

Anonymous

Wow thanks for the info I will be doing about 1000 miles a week with my job hope to see u around the motoways of Britain ! Also saw 2 today M4 heading east a reddish one at j19 and a White just after the bridges

A

Anonymous

nelliebear said:
Wow thanks for the info I will be doing about 1000 miles a week with my job hope to see u around the motoways of Britain ! Also saw 2 today M4 heading east a reddish one at j19 and a White just after the bridges
I'll have you know it's called Amber Red! :crazy: Welcome to the forum btw.. :greetings-wavingblue: