What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

New Arrival - 2.0 Dolphin Blue

A

Anonymous

RCZ1 said:
With regards to your iPhone not playing music. If you were playing it, with it plugged into your USB - it does this !

You can see on the screen in the car that a song is playing but don't hear anything BUT once you have started the engine, and only when you've started the engine, unplug the USB and then plug it back in again, this always gets my going. It never happens when using my iPod but it does with the iPhone for some reason.

Thanks I'll try again tomorrow and plug in after starting the car - seems a bit weird!

I did do the BT streaming today but it was a pain with so many tracks and no way to select playlists etc from the controls.

A

Anonymous

Oh right, with you on point 4 now. The auto lighting is triggered using light sensors so they will only come on if the light is (significantly) darkened.

A

Anonymous

scottwb said:
- I seem to have a very annoying rattle on the left side of the car, towards the front, any regular rattly places to look?

With only 218 miles (ish) on the clock now, it could be the Centre Console rattling.
This happens for a few weeks / months and will then just stop of its own accord.

:thumbup:

RCZ1

Reaction score
Don't lights come on automatically due to low light levels?

In summer, when it rains, it still tends to be good light as opposed to winter when light levels are always low therefore lights won't come on when it rains in summer. Just a thought ?

A

Anonymous

Gorwell said:
scottwb said:
- I seem to have a very annoying rattle on the left side of the car, towards the front, any regular rattly places to look?

With only 218 miles (ish) on the clock now, it could be the Centre Console rattling.
This happens for a few weeks / months and will then just stop of its own accord.

:thumbup:

Hope so, otherwise I just have to play the music really loud ;-) The rattle did disappear for a minute or two after I accelerated hard, but tbh I'm actually driving the car slower than the Lexus - steady 80 mph on the motorway.

A

Anonymous

RCZ1 said:
Don't lights come on automatically due to low light levels?

In summer, when it rains, it still tends to be good light as opposed to winter when light levels are always low therefore lights won't come on when it rains in summer. Just a thought ?

Yep, that's what is happening, light not low enough for auto on. I'm hoping to swap out the DRLs for LEDs so it wont be a problem for much longer.

A

Anonymous

With regards to point 4. It is an issue, the car simply doesn't recognise the loss of light, when such a loss is due to inclement weather. Revert to manual is the solution. On a slight side note, a feature that I think is very clever and I have no idea how it works, When the car thinks it's dark enough to require headlights it recognises that it is too light to turn the interior fascia lights to night mode. Amazing trick, me thinks.

A

Anonymous

OO58RON said:
With regards to point 4. It is an issue, the car simply doesn't recognise the loss of light, when such a loss is due to inclement weather. Revert to manual is the solution. On a slight side note, a feature that I think is very clever and I have no idea how it works, When the car thinks it's dark enough to require headlights it recognises that it is too light to turn the interior fascia lights to night mode. Amazing trick, me thinks.

Yes, that is a neat feature, possibly another sensor inside the car set to a different sensitivity i.e. one that requires much less light to trigger ?

A

Anonymous

Strange this one because my RCZ seems to switch the lights on if the wipers are going and both set to auto much like you describe in the 308. This happens no matter how dark or light it is. The freak weather of late has definitely confirmed this.

RCZ1

Reaction score
Rczmk said:
Strange this one because my RCZ seems to switch the lights on if the wipers are going and both set to auto much like you describe in the 308. This happens no matter how dark or light it is. The freak weather of late has definitely confirmed this.

But sometimes when you get really heavy rain, in the summer, it goes very dark, hence your lights coming on, but other times in the summer, you can have rain and sun at the same time, so they wouldn't come on :?:

A

Anonymous

if it he same as 206 and 207 auto lights they should come on if the are on auto when the wipers are going all the time regardless of the brightness but they have to be on "auto" setting on stalk

A

Anonymous

Well certainly with mine, I have resorted to turning my lights on manually as visibility required it, but my car didn't recognise it

A

Anonymous

It seems to work for some and not others? Perhaps it is a dealer setting.

Did my first real bit of country road overtaking today (I live in tractor county) - seems to have gone from 40 - 70 in no time at all - really impressed with the car :D

Thanks to RCZ1 I have a working iPod but can't figure out how to pick something other than artist when I press 'list' - what I really want is my playlists and access to my audio books ?

RCZ1

Reaction score
You need to twist the little wheel on the right hand stalk behind your steering wheel. This moved it from Artists to Genres, playlists - but you can't do audiobooks. When Playlists, for example, is highlighted, press the button at the end of the same stalk to select it and then press it ok. This should then bring up your playlists and you use the same scroll wheel to move through the lists to select which playlist you want. Again, once highlighted, press the button on the end of the stalk.
Music should play :)

A

Anonymous

RCZ1 said:
You need to twist the little wheel on the right hand stalk behind your steering wheel. This moved it from Artists to Genres, playlists - but you can't do audiobooks. When Playlists, for example, is highlighted, press the button at the end of the same stalk to select it and then press it ok. This should then bring up your playlists and you use the same scroll wheel to move through the lists to select which playlist you want. Again, once highlighted, press the button on the end of the stalk.
Music should play :)

Thanks RCZ1, I tried this but all that happens is it scrolls up/down a list of artists. I can solve the audiobook problem (hopefully) by adding the book to a playlist.

RCZ1

Reaction score
Do you not see anything that says Genres or Playlists?

If all you see are artists, try pressing the Esc key, on the front of the stereo, when you are in the list of artists. That might take you back to the main menu where you will see Playlists, etc

A

Anonymous

RCZ1 said:
Do you not see anything that says Genres or Playlists?

If all you see are artists, try pressing the Esc key, on the front of the stereo, when you are in the list of artists. That might take you back to the main menu where you will see Playlists, etc

Thanks RCZ1 :) I figured out the problem - I had BT audio setup as well, once I switched this off the 'list' function showed playlists, genres and artists.