What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

New 2013 RCZ & 260BHP RCZ R details

A

Anonymous

Re: New 2013 RCZ & 260BHP RCZ R details

Should have went the other road stripped everything out starting with the rear seat it's only for groceries any way. And a proper carbon fibre roof not extra weight by bolting it on top of original one. Less weight more power and the 0-62 time coulda been under 5 seconds more like it.

Abzynthe

Reaction score
They should have done this without the stickers :)

RCZ1

Reaction score

What's the point of 0-60 in 5 seconds or anything around there? You get very little chance, if any, to drive that fast on today's roads. I think it's fast enough as it is.

I'm going to stick my neck on the line now and say that I LIKE the look of the RCZ R, especially in red. I think it looks stunning. And yes I even like the spoiler.

Remember when the facelifted Z was released, I remember many of you disliking the new model. Now many of you have changed your minds. Many even ordered one! The same comments are coming along about the R. The R - IS a great looking car. It's just different to what we are used to. I think all in all, it makes a nice package and makes the Scirocco R look very plain. Yes it is more expensive and certainly out of my price bracket. A second hand one would be the only way I would be able get my hands on one but then it will probably have been ragged by then.

One thing is for sure, the RCZ R will certainly stand out on the road :)

Blog: http://rczandme.wordpress.com/

A

Anonymous

Not true Kerry. There are plenty of opportunities and clear road to get up to speed as quick as you can.

A

Anonymous

First it was 260 bhp,then 265, and now by all accounts its got 270 bhp bit of a difference there,these figures are for pub bragging rights,how a car drives and makes you feel whilst driving is what matters most,example the new fiesta ST had only 178 bhp the Clio Rs cup 197 bhp,the 208 gti 197bhp.The fiesta is a by far a better car than both its also cheaper by £2,000+ My point is just because its the most powerful road car, pug ever made to date, doesn't mean to say it will a great drivers car.

And Rcz1 the Roc R isn't really the competition here its the 2014 Audi TT .0-60 times are useless and rarely achieved by jo bloggs

and topping a car out at 155 mph or 240kph is iIegal in this country and on most car forums just by stating that you achieved these or anywhere near these speeds,normally comes with warnings then banned :eusa-think:

Tomas_90

Reaction score
Some new info, don't know if you've seen:

The RCZ R uses a new version of the 1.6-liter, turbocharged four-cylinder found in the standard RCZ. Given the sexy name of EP6CDTR, it sports a beefier twin-scroll turbocharger, as well as a racing-derived steel exhaust manifold. Forged pistons from Mahle Motorsports help tweak the RCZ R's compression ratio to 9.2:1, while the con rods and their bearings have been strengthened for greater durability.

The results speak for themselves. The 1.6-liter turbo four has jumped from 197 horsepower and 203 pound-feet of torque to 270 hp and 243 lb-ft of torque. Moreover, peak twist is available from 1,900 to 5,500 rpm. Taken as a whole, the RCZ R can hit 60 miles per hour in just 5.9 seconds, a 1.6-second improvement over the standard car. The top speed, meanwhile, has jumped to an electronically limited 155 mph. Adding to the sporty sensations of the new motor is Peugeot's Sound System, which basically pipes intake noise into the cabin, not unlike the Sound Symposer in the 2013 Ford Focus ST or similar technology in the Mazda MX-5 Miata.

Peugeot hasn't just worked under the hood on the RCZ R, it's also devoted a fair amount of time to revising its suspension. New dampers stiffen the ride, while a bigger anti-roll bar sorts out unnecessary side-to-side motions. Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric tires wrap up a fresh set of 19-inch alloys in a cool two-tone design, while the stance is further set off by a 10-millimeter reduction in the RCZ R's ride height.

The Peugeot RCZ R will get its auto show circuit reveal at the 2013 Frankfurt Motor Show in September before hitting European showrooms in early 2014.

Abzynthe

Reaction score
Im only negative because im jealous, if I could have one, I would, although, it wouldnt stay looking like that as much as mine now looks standard :wtf:

I think I might have a go at photoshopping my perfect RCZ R lol. Could even submit it to peugeot as a special edition :p

RCZ-Performance

Reaction score
Lets all wait to see one on the road...I will like to see that too and then test it if you know what I mean ;)

A

Anonymous

RCZ-Performance said:
Lets all wait to see one on the road...I will like to see that too and then test it if you know what I mean ;)

I'd love to see yours directly tested against one!!

A

Anonymous

Crumbs...:shock::shock::shock: it CAN shift!! Well in Peugeot!!! :thumbup: Now...can you lend me one please?

A

Anonymous

PLEASE DON'T CLICK THE LINK IN KD28 's post
I believe it is a virus.

A

Anonymous

I've ban hammered the user which will also remove any PMs, attachments and posts.

2retro

Reaction score
mrizzle said:
I've ban hammered the user which will also remove any PMs, attachments and posts.
He'll be back! :|

A

Anonymous

O Lusitanian said:
PLEASE DON'T CLICK THE LINK IN KD28 's post
I believe it is a virus.
I thought that too as he was just posting links and nothing else in various topics, easy enough things to spot if you've been about the internet a while.

DKZ5745

Reaction score
Tested the water, OH wasn't even slightly interested. She said it's exactly the same as ours but white! I started explaining, but gave up when half way through she asked what I wanted for tea :wtf:

A

Anonymous

DKZ5745 said:
Tested the water, OH wasn't even slightly interested. She said it's exactly the same as ours but white! I started explaining, but gave up when half way through she asked what I wanted for tea :wtf:

At least you tried.