What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

My RCZs - 2011 Haria Grey / 2014 Nera Black

SilverGTi_6

Reaction score
Re: My new RCZ

Took this pic this arvo of my new black number plates (text blanked out obviously). Loved the sun setting in the background!

SilverGTi_6

Reaction score
We sold my wife's Volvo C30 T5-R this week which has been a reliable and comfy car for the last 5-6 years.

Picked up the replacement today - a Peugeot 308 GTI in pearl white. It was an 800km round trip, but we had a family convoy to keep us entertained!

The 308 GTI absolutely hammers. My RCZ (200 THP) has no chance of keeping up! Looking forward to hooking her into some proper corners in the coming weeks!

jr4070

Reaction score
Is it the 270?. They appear alot less than the 250s round my way.. They do look appealing, Do you have the "sport button"? Alcon brakes etc..

SilverGTi_6

Reaction score
Hey mate, it's the GTi 250. Kristy drove both of them and preferred the (white) 250 over the (coupe Franche) 270 that was available. It has the 270 wheels, tyres and seats though (and a Sport button). The only visible difference is the Alcons. Given it's a daily drive, and we were told the Alcon pads and rotors were 3k, I think the 250 was the right decision - and it's more than fast enough!

braveheart

Reaction score
Beautiful car nice mods thinking of doing the arches like yours what did u cover them with ?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

SilverGTi_6

Reaction score
Given Photobucket ruined this thread, I thought I'd post a couple of pics after I gave her a good wash and polish this arvo.

She's been performing well with new front tyres making a huge difference to the way she feels on the road.

Fantastic little car.

Last edited:

DKZ5745

Reaction score
The PS4s are awesome aren’t they. Best tyre I’ve tried on the Z so far.

Car looks amazing btw :thumbup: :clap:

SilverGTi_6

Reaction score
Thanks mate. Yeah, they're night and day different to the dodgy tyres that the previous owner had fitted just before sale. They were 'FarRoads' - took them off with 70% tread left.

Looking forward to replacing the Pirelli's on the back with PS4S too!

DKZ5745

Reaction score
Still got my original conti’s on the rear, I’m clearly not drifting it enough :lol: but the PS4S are going on there too when the time comes :thumbup:
I tried Hankook on the front last time, they were OK but they didn’t last long at all, so wear factor not good enough, also, the grip level nothing like the new PS4S I’ve got on now. I just hope they last a bit longer, my OH nearly filed for divorce when I told her how much they were (to be fair, my 1st car cost me @ the same as the two front tyres on this one :eusa-shhh: )

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
Your car looks stunning matey a credit to you :dance:

SilverGTi_6

Reaction score
Haha. Yeah, I'm wondering how long it'll take the rears to actually wear out! They're 275s with not much weight over them so feel like they'll be on there forever! I might just bite the bullet and replace them in a year or so.

Plecodoras

Reaction score
Have to agree with Neil - your car is stunning, but I'm thinking .....

Either go for the complete black look or add a little colour here or there. Just to give it another focal point, so to speak.

But you've just gotta be pleased with that - result !!

:beer:

SilverGTi_6

Reaction score
Thanks mate.

Unfortunately the pics are now lost, but further up in this thread I did actually paint the wheels in a dark copper metallic colour to give it a point of difference, but I didn't like it.

I had also considered painting the brake calipers bright red or yellow, but haven't gone ahead with that as they're just standard THP200 brakes, not big Alcons / Brembo's etc.

One thing I will say is that the all black (especially the wheels) doesn't seem to look great in pics, but seems to work really well in the metal.

Plecodoras

Reaction score
Yeah now you mention it, I remember you playing around with a few options re arches and wheels and I think DRTDVL was thinking on similar lines. Much like the original concept car.

Just looking at the recent pics and agree the lights seem to stand out, so maybe a film tint or like you say and I'm not suggesting you do it but carefully paint the internal light area - risky, gotta seal her up tight afterwards.

I'm thinking that I would like to tint my windows more to give it the privacy look, then when the Mrs is finally happy with MY choice of external decals, they'll be added some time.

Don't know whether to add red wheel nut covers or would it be to much?

Just added the rim protectors.

Cheers n Beers :beer:

SilverGTi_6

Reaction score
Yeah, I am still considering pulling the lights apart to paint the inside, but the amount of spare time I end up with in the coming months will likely dictate whether that will be done or not! I did it with my 205 GTI many years ago (to repaint the inner lights chrome) and they remained sealed much better than factory, so shouldn’t be too difficult if I get a chance.

Dark tint looks great with a white car for sure. I do like the colour you have added to your R wheels, but I wouldn’t do it here as it reminds me a bit of the ‘white wall’ phase that went around here a few years back. Almost every modified commodore / falcon had huge rims with a red line (white wall) painted on the tyre – Seeing it everywhere put me off a bit I think. I'm also not sure about making the wheel nuts a feature, although I'm aware this is done on a lot of Japanese cars.

Appreciate the suggestions though mate.

SilverGTi_6

Reaction score
Pic from a road trip yesterday that I thought I'd share. It's not the best quality pic, but love watching the Z on the road. Has presence, particularly with the wide rims.

Nemi

Reaction score
Your RCZ looks great, i would like to own black MK1... and also red RCZ R :eusa-shhh: It would be crazy to own 3 RCZs :shock:

SilverGTi_6

Reaction score
Thanks mate. Haha, yeah three would be awesome but possibly a bit excessive ;)

SilverGTi_6

Reaction score
Couple of pics from our weekend trip away. Pity the car is filthy, but loved the storm in the background.