What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

My RCZs - 2011 Haria Grey / 2014 Nera Black

SilverGTi_6

Reaction score
Evening all,

I thought I'd introduce myself briefly and share some pics of my new RCZ.

I'm a born and bred Peugeot fanatic, growing up with them and having owned the following throughout my driving life: 505 GR, 405 MI16, 306 GTI6, 406 Coupe (manual), 205 GTI6 (engine conversion), Lotus Elise 111R, 206 GTI180, Honda S2000, Lotus Elise Sport 111, Peugeot 205 GTI and now an RCZ. My wife drives a Volvo C30 T5-R which she absolutely loves and we have a Volvo 122S which was my grandpa's car. I've included some pics of the 205 and our 122S below:

I currently share my daily driving between the Elise and the 205 GTI. Over the last year or so I have thought it best to get a safer car to replace the 205 and share the driving commute given I travel 40-50k per day. An RCZ was up top of the list!

On Friday I ended up picking up a 2011 Haria Grey, 200HP manual with 54k on the clock. It has the JBL option (although the previous owner has installed a double din head unit with sat nav) and the xenons. Thanks for your previous advice re these options. The previous owner fitted 20s (rears are 20x10 I believe with 275 tyres). I was going to change them straight away, but I must admit they're growing on me! Pics below were just after pickup:

I've spent the weekend claying, cutting, polishing, waxing, leather conditioning and painting! I plasti-dipped the arches, front badge surround and grilles which made a huge difference. I'm considering painting the wheels in the plasti-dip copper metalizer (just to see how it looks), but I'll give it a couple of weeks as is.

Here are a couple of pics after the weekend's effort:

I've modified all of my cars in some way, so looking to fit some Eibach springs and an exhaust to the RCZ in the near future. I'd appreciated your advice on the ride with the Eibach's (or any pics if you have them fitted!).

I have a small coolant leak which I need to sort out soon. It seems to leak mostly when parked down a hill and when the car is turned off (sounds like a small pump must keep circulating coolant after shut down).

Very much looking forward to enjoying the car over the coming years. Thanks for your help to date. This seems to be a friendly and helpful forum.

Cheers
Ben

Last edited:

DKZ5745

Reaction score
Re: My new RCZ

Car looks awesome from day 1. Looking forward to hearing about & seeing your mods :clap:

SilverGTi_6

Reaction score

Thanks mate. The paint needed a bit of correcting, but other than that she's in pretty good condition.

howardf

Reaction score

Looks much nicer (in my opinion )with the black arches, but then again I'm biased, mine is the twin of DKZ5745's!

How's the ride on the 20's.

SilverGTi_6

Reaction score

Thanks mate. Unfortunately I don't have a direct comparison (only test driven a couple with 19s over the years), but it's definitely not bone jarring or anything. Slightly rougher than the one I drove most recently over corrugated bumps, but the overall ride is not overly different. I'm lucky that the roads in Canberra are generally pretty good (and full of roundabouts)!

ONLY AEK

Reaction score

What a nice car history!!
And what a nice choice to continue this history!!!

Have many and safe miles!!!
I know that you will enjoy them..

DRTDVL

Reaction score

I know rcz performance do h&r Springs for the car, but I haven't seen eibach ones... The cost of shipping to NZ from the UK was the killer for the deal for me.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

SilverGTi_6

Reaction score

Thanks guys.

Yes, I saw that H&R also do springs with the exact same drop as the Eibach too. Given the drop is identical I thought I'd go for Eibach as I had. H&R in my GTI180 and they were way to harsh for street driving. The Eibach springs I've had in many of my cars have been pretty reasonable.

Haha no worries. I don't have any others handy unfortunately:

DRTDVL

Reaction score

How much are the eibach Springs? I'm sure I remember you from the Aussie frogs forum Haha

SilverGTi_6

Reaction score

They seem to be about $400 (AUD) from Eibach. You can pick them up cheaper online, but Eibach have a set in Australia so it saves the wait.

Haha, yes I thought your handle was familiar also!

SilverGTi_6

Reaction score

Took another pic this morning. The black on black is really growing on me. I'll give it another couple of weeks before deciding whether to spray the wheels a different colour.

DKZ5745

Reaction score

I like the all black...........(no reference to DRTDVL there :lol: )

ONLY AEK

Reaction score

Why dont you tint your headlights and the fog lights?

Total black seems great

SilverGTi_6

Reaction score

I had thought about removing the headlights and painting the internals black (just leaving the silver rings around the dipped and main beam) but don't know if I will. They actually look better than I anticipated with the all black. Might consider it down the track.

DRTDVL

Reaction score

I showed my wife and she was like hmmm it's a little too black, need copper or bronze wheels like what I want.

SilverGTi_6

Reaction score

Haha, that's what I originally thought too. Think I'll still give the Copper Metalizer a go given I've already bought the cans. Maybe I'll just do one side to start with.

DRTDVL

Reaction score

I'd be very keen to see how it looks as that's just what we are planning to do with ours.

SilverGTi_6

Reaction score

No worries mate. I'll likely do it over Easter as it should be lowered by then.