What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

My RCZs - 2011 Haria Grey / 2014 Nera Black

SilverGTi_6

Reaction score
Re: My new RCZ

Ok, so the coolant leak seems to no longer be as minor. Had it looked at this morning and it seems to be the thermostat housing. Hoping they're not too expensive from Peugeot. I'll have to get it sorted first thing Monday now.

SilverGTi_6

Reaction score

Happy Easter RCZ folks,

The thermostat housing has now been replaced (a common problem according to the peugeot parts guy), so great to be drip free when I park now!

I lowered the rear (Eibach) but have not yet fitted the front springs. The arch gap is now identical (front and rear to the mm) so I may not worry about fitting the fronts. We'll see in time. Got some nice LEDs for the DRLs so now all the lights at the front match!

I'm planning to dip two of the wheels with the copper metallic tomorrow to see how it looks, so thought I'd take a couple more 'before' pics this arvo. Paint has come up nicely with a bit of work, but I think there is still a bit more to do to remove swirls in some areas.

It's amazing how different the 'Haria Grey' looks in the shade / sun:

I'll post up some pics once the wheels are done to see what people think (and whether to keep or stay black)!

Last edited:

SilverGTi_6

Reaction score
My new RCZ

Thanks mate, pretty happy with her. It was hard to let the 205 go, but she's a good replacement.

SilverGTi_6

Reaction score
My new RCZ

Applied the black and copper metallic coats yesterday. Going to put a couple of coats of gloss on this morning and then they'll be done. Looking forward to seeing how they look on the car!

SilverGTi_6

Reaction score
My new RCZ

Finished and drying now.

I'll give them a day to dry and fit them tomorrow.

SilverGTi_6

Reaction score

Thanks mate!

For those who are interested I thought I'd post up some shots with them fitted.

Unfortunately I (stupidly) skimped on the first step (cleaning) so although they looked clean, there was minute dirt / grime in some areas so the dip didn't stick (mostly the rear wheel). Frustrating, but what can you do.

I like that the spokes are more visible (they tend to blend in with the gloss black) and I do like the copper colour against the black, but not sure whether I LOVE it. I'll give it a couple of weeks.

Last edited:

DKZ5745

Reaction score

I like them, but I know what you mean....

Change is always a good thing though, even if only for a while......

SilverGTi_6

Reaction score

Thanks mate, completely agree, and I've only done the RHS for now. I'll give it some time.

Maybe a gunmetal colour could work better...

DRTDVL

Reaction score

I'm always tempted by a dark gray wheel on the Wife's RCZ... Not quite brake dust gray but close.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

DKZ5745

Reaction score

Mine have been brake dust grey quite often recently :lol:

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score

Hi, yeh I like them quite different probably would look better with matching bronze arches? :eusa-think:

SilverGTi_6

Reaction score

Thanks Neil. Yeah, I considered that originally but dunno if it'd be too much...

DRTDVL

Reaction score

The RCZ prototype had bronze / copper arches, if you good RCZ it should come up. It's what the wife wants hers to look like.

SilverGTi_6

Reaction score
My new RCZ

I painted the wheel bolts and centre caps black and fitted new domed black Peugeot centres. Looks much better than the silver bolts and big silver centre caps against the black wheels:

Unfortunately the copper hasn't grown on me. I like it, but think I'll stick with the black for now. I'll likely peel the dip off the two wheels in a week or so.

Last edited:

DRTDVL

Reaction score

I always prefer a nice dark gray to pure black...

SilverGTi_6

Reaction score
My new RCZ

Spent the morning removing and reinstalling the head unit in order to replace the warped surround. Previously it looked like this (likely installed about 4-5 years ago):

I purchased a piano black double din replacement which is a perfect match for the factory dash. Looks MUCH better!

Peeled the dip off the wheels. Think I'll stick with black. Actually came off really easily!

I also had the custom rear silencer fitted. Ended up with a Lukey 3" round race muffler and subtle twin stainless tips (nice thin edge). Sounds freakin fantastic! Nice burble at idle (not too loud) and a great sound through the revs. Very happy with the result.

DRTDVL

Reaction score

Any photos of the under car where the new exhaust is?