What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

My first car

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Anonymous

RCZ146 said:
no offence but your parents must have more money than sense, Even if I was a millionaire I wouldnt buy my kids such a nice car. My son bought his own car and i'd say he appreciates it much more than If i'd just handed him a nice car. I find It sad that kids today all want to have the best cars straight away I was happy with my £500 metro as my first car

Ouch!!! Maybe Hansons parents feel he is responsible enough to have a car like this & know him well enough to know that he's the sort of guy who 'WOULD' appreciate it! :?:

My first car was a brand new VW Scirocco GT at 18, which my folks bought for me ( I did pay them back within 2 years tho - every penny, but that was the aggreement)!

Enjoy your RCZ & safe motoring!!! Good luck to you!!! :beer:

A

Anonymous

Thanks Mate. Thanks to everyone who's posted si far on this forum. I will definentley appreciate the car. My sister was gonna get the scirocco but opted for the renault megane coupe. Still a nice car though. Enjoy yours. Can anyone tell me how the rcz performs in snow? Thank you.

A

Anonymous

hanson17 said:
Thanks Mate. Thanks to everyone who's posted si far on this forum. I will definentley appreciate the car. My sister was gonna get the scirocco but opted for the renault megane coupe. Still a nice car though. Enjoy yours. Can anyone tell me how the rcz performs in snow? Thank you.
Hi hanson17, with regard to the snow question I think it probably handled as well as any other sports coupe. In deep fresh snow (well, not THAT deep, naturally :lol: ) it drove fine but it did NOT like hard-packed icy stuff nor the other icy roads. Just take it easy when the conditions are less than ideal,and I learned a tip for when the snow next hits... :idea: carry either small amounts of grit or cat litter to place around the front wheels if you get stuck on the icy snow. Good luck with your car :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

hi bangor, thank you for you're advice i'm sure it will come in helpful the next time it snows. could you also tell me with you're onyx alloy colour are you afraid of scratching it off on the curb when you're parking and so on??

A

Anonymous

Blimy is your sister single!?....RCZ at 17 and a Renault Megan coupe....now theres a loving mum and dad...though going on the Renault add "Its a girl puller" haha

A

Anonymous

hanson17 said:
hi bangor, thank you for you're advice i'm sure it will come in helpful the next time it snows. could you also tell me with you're onyx alloy colour are you afraid of scratching it off on the curb when you're parking and so on??
Hi Hanson, yes I'm a bit paranoid about kerbing the wheels so tend to park a wee bit further out, but not that much. So far I've managed to keep them in good condition :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

RCZ_84 said:
Blimy is your sister single!?....RCZ at 17 and a Renault Megan coupe....now theres a loving mum and dad...though going on the Renault add "Its a girl puller" haha

haha yeah she is single. do u mean the renault advert. add?? lol yeah they are very loving... thanks bangor cars coming on 25th jan so ill be sure to park away from the curb when it comes. thanks for your advice again.

A

Anonymous

Jeeze, these young whipper snappers correcting my spelling...damn it...it was a typo haha...what cars do your parents drive?

A

Anonymous

haha sory mate wasnt trying to correct you just wondering what you meant. my mum has a cls 550 n my dad has a rolls royce drophead. :) bout yours? add.

A

Anonymous

jeeze thats some collection that you have in your drive way (or private road). Mother has a Grande punto, but saying that, she really isn't interested in cars at all, she did say she was thinking of getting a 3 series or a 1 series coupé. I guess Im the one of the family that has to live with a passion for cars, maybe in a few months Ill trade the RCZ in for DB9.

A

Anonymous

hanson17 said:
haha sory mate wasnt trying to correct you just wondering what you meant. my mum has a cls 550 amg n my dad has a rolls royce drophead. :) bout yours? add.

Ever heard of the Custart test? this is a perfect oppertunity to try that!

A

Anonymous

OK - for those like me that had no idea what the custard test is - you have to photograph your car with a tin of custard in or on it to prove you actually own the car you are talking about...........

A

Anonymous

Scarlet said:
OK - for those like me that had no idea what the custard test is - you have to photograph your car with a tin of custard in or on it to prove you actually own the car you are talking about...........
Um...pardon my ignorance on the subject but couldn't you just photograph ANY car with a tin of custard on the roof/bonnet??? :eusa-think: (And then do a runner if the OWNER appears :lol: )

A

Anonymous

Hi L

Inside the car!!!!

I don't think it needs to be custard - just a random named object by the person who is the doubting Thomas :)

L xx

A

Anonymous

THE CLASSIC EXAMPLE.

Jason Plato of 5th Gear / BTCC fame on Pistonheads

And when there is still unbelief...

Plato looking at a picture of Plato holding custard :lol: :lol:

A

Anonymous

hanson17 said:
haha sory mate wasnt trying to correct you just wondering what you meant. my mum has a cls 550 amg n my dad has a rolls royce drophead. :) bout yours? add.

a cls 55 AMG? they dont do a 550 AMG

A

Anonymous

RCZ146 said:
hanson17 said:

a cls 55 AMG? they dont do a 550 AMG

it says 550 on the back im pretty sure they do it... have a look on the internet.

Status
Not open for further replies.