What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Max speed - at 5-th or 6-th gear?

A

Anonymous

tomu80 said:
BTW I was on a dyno yesterday. They said that in that case max speed will be at 5-th not 6-th gear. My results are:

Power 160 HP (4880 rpm) and Torque 265 Nm (2650 rpm)
. Which I think are quite good. :) The car is new and stock, only modifications are:

- dedicated Ulter backbox
- K&N air panel
- PCV delete modification

YOU MEAN "cd" ie drag coefficiency tomu80 the only reason the 207 has a lower drag coefficiency is because its narrower and smaller not because of the design just size difference.

A

Anonymous

I got 235km/h on 5th gear redlining it on 156thp stock got a picture of it, i dont know for sure, but i think that a 200thp can reach more than 250km/h on the speedo for sure stock
Are you sure that it was on a flat road or mabe down a little hill? Can you attach that photo? :)

Anyway nice to hear this, cause I was wondering if my dyno test was made correctly (it says that max top speed at 5-th gear is 230 km/h).Max torque is also quite high (too high). Take a look:

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/56 ... mowni.jpg/

Test was made on 5-th gear (three times)-I don't know if this is right? I'm not sure if this test was made properly or maybe there is something wrong. Maybe it should have been done on 6-th gear rather than on 5-th. It just looks too good.

As I wrote before - car is almost brand new (4kkm millage) and almost stock.The only mods are:

-dedicated Ulter backbox (Ulter is a polish sport exhaust company)
-K&N panel filter
-PCV delete modification

A

Anonymous

Well, fastest I had it saying on the clock was 139Mph at about 5700RPM, I didnt want to redline it though :D What the actual speed was, is probably significantly lower, as I believe the 10% error is almost guaranteed at that speed, so i reckon around 124/125mph. Also last night cruised at 115mph (from Sat Nav (garmin)) for a good 1.5hrs, only used just under half a tank of petrol :p God I love Autobahns!

A

Anonymous

6th, i havent really tried going faster in 5th, my simple brain takes it logically and shifts up a gear for higher top speed and drops a gear for faster acceleration :D! Id try it if it was a hire car, but not too keen to thrash it for a laugh :D

A

Anonymous

You would achieve much higher speed on 5-th. 6-th gear isn't for beating speed records - it is econimical gear for highways - almost in every car I know. Thats why they always make dyno test on 5-th gear with six gears cars.

A

Anonymous

joaofisio said:
i got 235km/h on 5th gear redlining it on 156thp stock got a picture of it, i dont know for sure, but i think that a 200thp can reach more than 250km/h on the speedo for sure stock

Nope. Not going to get near 250kph unless you drive it downhill. I was on a dead straight level road and managed 237kph on the speedo. The talk of a 10% difference from speedo to real doesnt seem to be the case either. Yesterday I tried out a similar run with my Garmin set up and the difference was 235 speedo and 232 Garmin so that's around 1.5% only. Dropping to 5th at that speed would put you well into the red. Might be faster but your engine would not last too long!!

A

Anonymous

In my case spedo also show almost no error comparing to GPS. when I;m driving 120 armin shows 119. i found Peugeot spedos very acurate.

A

Anonymous

Will test this weekend properly with my Garmin, quick blast along tha autobahn to see how im doing, will see if I can get my headcam working as well to record sppedo/Satnav then post here :D Failing that I will tape my camera to my head :D

A

Anonymous

Managed to get 242km/h in 6th in my 200THP. Probably coulda got a bit more but chickened out. Car was bobing up and down quite a bit.

A

Anonymous

My understanding, although I may be wrong, is that 6th gear is mainly for maintaining higher speeds with more fuel economy. Therefore I would have thought that you would push it to the higher speed in 5th and keep it there in 6th. Having said that the highest speed that I have reached was in 6th gear but I might have achieved that in 5th quicker but used more fuel. It may also be that it depends on the engine. Mine is the diesel.

A

Anonymous

I have reached 226km/h at the 6th gear rpm around 4900. In maual mod at the 5th gear goes to max 5500rpm after that it shifts 6th gear. On the other hand it can be go 6400rpm on the 4th gear. I think there is a limitor for safe gear box. I wonder, is chiptuning can increase max rpm on 5th and 6th gear? 156hp -> 190hp and 240Nm -> 300Nm

A

Anonymous

Me thinks, peeps need to stay off the coffee, slow down and enjoy the view as it passes by at a pleasurable rate of knots. :thumbup:

Never know, you may live a little longer at the same time. :lol: :lol:

A

Anonymous

Zombie-thread resurrection?

Anyway, the THP 200 reaches maximum speed at 6th gear. I've tested this thoroughly :cool:

Oh, and if anyone wonders, it's not a speed limiter or missing power, it's the revs limiter which applies there.

richard.au

Reaction score
NRR said:
clocked 231km/h in 6th gear...

Subtract 5 k/h if you are using the speedo.

Use a GPS for true speed.

By the way, those that mention 5500 limit, I've see a YouTube of the rcz being maxed in every gear, there is no limiter.

(Ill find the vid later, go to go out now).

A

Anonymous

richard.au said:
NRR said:

By the way, those that mention 5500 limit, I've see a YouTube of the rcz being maxed in every gear, there is no limiter.

At least the THP200 has a revs limiter. Easy to test.

richard.au

Reaction score
TomC said:
richard.au said:
NRR said:

At least the THP200 has a revs limiter. Easy to test.

I drive a thp200. There is no revs limiter. You can engage a speed limiter, but nothing stops you from maxing out the revs, in any gear.

If I can, I'll locate the YouTube clips that clearly show there are no limits.

Cheers.

A

Anonymous

richard.au said:
I drive a thp200. There is no revs limiter. You can engage a speed limiter, but nothing stops you from maxing out the revs, in any gear.

If I can, I'll locate the YouTube clips that clearly show there are no limits.

Cheers.

Then I guess it's broken. When I had my test-car (and after it was 100% warmed up) I did full throttle in 2nd gear, and somewhere just below 6000 1/min (hard to read the exact value) the limiter starts limiting to prevent damage.