What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Max speed - at 5-th or 6-th gear?

A

Anonymous

1.6 THP 156HP - is there max speed on 5-th or 6-th gear?

A

Anonymous

might have pushed it to 71 in 6th gear !!!!!

PS 116 then chickened out :)

A

Anonymous

I have reached 210 km/h (131 mph) on 6-th gear and I'm wondering if on 5-th would be better maybe...

A

Anonymous

remember at 130Mph indicated speed your real speed will be closer to 110-115mph. it is out by that amount.

A

Anonymous

Ok - I know it, but still you didn't answer me if top speed could be achieved at 5-th or 6-th gear?

A

Anonymous

6th gear I managed 237kph on the speedo...flat out and redlining. That speed in 5th would have been well into the red.

A

Anonymous

Yes but yoy drive 200HP version - it's totally diffrent thing. In 156HP engine 5-th gear may be the one with top speed.

A

Anonymous

I would doubt it very much if 5th would give you top speed over 6th in a 1.6 engine...

A

Anonymous

pretty sure both the 200 and 156 would run out of puff before the theoretical top speed its geared for is reached.

May eek out a few extra MPH in 6th but you are unlikely to get faster than you would in 5th.

A

Anonymous

It'll be very similar in both versions. I don't really understand why you need to know tbh

A

Anonymous

i got 235km/h in 5th so dont know about sixth speed ive to try it

A

Anonymous

JOAKES said:
It'll be very similar in both versions. I don't really understand why you need to know tbh

exactly ...... 77mph is fast enough for me :lol: :lol: Like the saying goes "Don't drive faster than your guardian angel can fly"...........

Having said that a quick burst to check the spoiler goes all the way up is needed sometimes! Not that I condone it :eusa-whistle: :eusa-whistle:

A

Anonymous

I have a 207 1.6 THP 156HP. As you know it is a little bit faster than RCZ 1.6 THP 156HP, but I'm still wondering about that gears.

A

Anonymous

If the gear boxes are geared exactly the same in the RCZ and the 207, the RCZ WILL have a higher top end speed. Much less resistance than a hatch.

If its heavier than the 207 however it may take a bit longer to reach that top speed

A

Anonymous

But 207 has less resistant body cx = 0,3 and for RCZ Cx is 0,33. 207 is also lighter so with the same engine its much faster i think.

A

Anonymous

You need to ask on a 207 forum I think...we are too busy enjoying our RCz's in whatever gear!

A

Anonymous

But don't you think this is strange that a "city-hatchback" has a batter Cx factor and it has less weight than a sport-coupe RCZ? :)

A

Anonymous

BTW I was on a dyno yesterday. They said that in that case max speed will be at 5-th not 6-th gear. My results are:

Power 160 HP (4880 rpm) and Torque 265 Nm (2650 rpm)
. Which I think are quite good. :) The car is new and stock, only modifications are:

- dedicated Ulter backbox
- K&N air panel
- PCV delete modification

A

Anonymous

i got 235km/h on 5th gear redlining it on 156thp stock got a picture of it, i dont know for sure, but i think that a 200thp can reach more than 250km/h on the speedo for sure stock