What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

M O T

Kerr

Reaction score
The UK govt once calculated some years back a person needed to have an income of at least £10.000 per annum to stay above the poverty line now its estimated to be around or above £18.000? which makes no sense when you take into cost of living the retail price index & inflation etc etc

Minimum wage for an adult(23+) is £9.50 per hour. A 38 hour week is £17,772. By the time you deduct the minimum contributions they are left with around £1350 per month.

Randomly picking a northern English city. Nottingham has an average rent of £860 and a median of £750 for a 1 bedroom flat. Council tax is £150 per month. Gas and electricity £200 per month.

How could a single person be able to afford all the other bills and live with £140-£250 per month?

Flanners

Reaction score
The UK economy has relied on mass (mostly unskilled) economic migration from the EU and the 'World' as a means of cheap labour, which has kept wages for workers low (not including the bankers in the City of London propping up UK GDP by laundering the proceeds of crime cartels, drugs, Russians and off sure tax avoidance/trust wealth schemes etc). It now finds itself up shit creek; EU economic migration has fallen post Brexit so World economic migration has increased into the UK (as it has historically), but not to the level needed to pick fruit, work in factories and slave away with no rights or protection in the 'gig' economy, or NHS etc. The very 'Business Leaders' who advocated Brexit are now asking for more migrant workers......this plus the complete and utter shit show that was the 6 weeks of Liz Truss and Kami-Kwasi.....

Now we have rampant inflation, and below level wage rises together with huge energy and food bills rocketing together with the end of 'cheap debt' (credit, loans and mortgages) the bubble has burst.........and I agree how can many people cope on meagre wages with bills etc spiralling...answer they can't. Banking crisis in 2008 was different the rich were losing their jobs in the City selling their Pokers, Fezzas etc I remember eBay was full of them........this time it's the plebs suffering and cars etc will be the first thing to go or not buy, given a lot of households are maxxed on finance, PCP deals etc there is no scope to soak up increased prices, household bills etc.

Whilst I'm ranting, ....the roads and infrastructure are a shambles, train and bus 'services' are appalling if they even exist, Water Companies appear out of control dumping shit in our sea and rivers, policing appears almost non-existent, social care has fallen apart and managed by the private sector for profit, not enough schools for kids, waiting lists at hospials for Ops and cancer treatment at all time high, Crown Courts with a 2 year back log of cases,....I could go on but in my view it's almost the antithesis of how to run a country....the response more cut backs, less funding and more/or contiuned privitisation.......with a kick back for a) the multinationals like Amazon, Ebay, Starbucks etc to allow them to continue to fiddle and not pay their tax burdens b) the triple lock c) non dom status d) protection of City of London etc

Used car prices have started to fall, read that the Trade reckons 3-6% so far but I reckon it will continue, the prices have been bonkers in any case; but big money for an R et al is over for the forseeable......the majority of people in the UK will be concerned about keeping what they actually have (house, car) and putting food on the table and paying the Bills.

Last edited:

Pedro

Reaction score
You left out the Hotel owners raking in over £8 million a day in taxes to house the invaders & how many British Nationals will be sleeping rough in towns & cities this Christmas this country is now a basket case banana republic run by the Aristocratic financial plantation owners ruling the peasant's by Fiscal penalties & every time the Tories are elected Gold bullion stocks increase & the rich get a lot richer ie anyone notice the extensions on big properties going up & the amount of new luxury motors appearing on the roads overnight?

indoldn

Reaction score
It's getting concerning watching the private sellers trying to undercut each other. There is a 62,000 mile car now reduced to £9999 and a 38,000 mile car reduced to £12,750 on Autotrader.

The cost of living crisis has to have an affect on car prices.
Ultimately, if you are not thinking of selling then this doesn't matter, I am sure prices would stabilise again at some point.

The £9,999 sold now, be interesting to see if that's been sold to a trade seller.
Reason I say that is someone was selling an R privately for £15k ono, it was around 31k miles and looked to be very well looked after and shouldn't need anything done to it and in the end it was sold trade dealer and now it's listed for £18.5k.

That red one that has just gone has had a lot of things replaced but the front brakes need replacing. Think the guy replaced the pistons but not with Godspeed ones.

The one at £12,750 might be the better value as front brakes been done recently, however, don't know about the calipers. It does need rear discs, pads and potentially springs, 1 front tyre and windscreen replacement.

Unfortunately for me all these cars were/are at least 5+ hours away so not so easy to check them out.