What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Living with a RACECHIP!

Plecodoras

Reaction score
French Letter said:
Or better still, hoof it to Amsterdam and chill all day long in the 'coffee shops'.

Speaking from experience there Mr French Letter !

Funnily enough I did just that, but strangely cant remember a thing after I ate this " today's special - or was it Special cake "

great weekend though - LOL !!

French Letter

Reaction score
Right on. Watch out for those Amsterdam cookies . . .

I remember I went into a 'coffee shop' feeling miserable from my experience with a RaceChip, but left a few hours later elated and craving for a serve of Whitby fish & chips.

Cheers.

DKZ5745

Reaction score
Gives a whole new perspective to the greeting you get there...... “Hi” :eusa-think: :eusa-whistle: :eusa-shhh:

wolfster2

Reaction score
hi,
new to the forum have had a racechip rs fitted to my 200 bhp any advice on which is the best setting defo improvement in performance though!!

Grimreaper

Reaction score
Fab ! Just what I was looking for !
Been thinking of getting a race chip.
Thank you been a great help

s0crates

Reaction score
Well I had to send it back for a refund. I feel that for the price, I could be getting an ECU remap, which will definitely give what it claims, without worrying about the placebo effect. Don't forget that it's not just 30hp, one should also be able to feel that 67Nm of torque, which is a lot. I know it's not a fair assessment, but comparing it with another (brand) car with the same specs/weight, it just felt a lot more sluggish, and the other person confirmed that as well.

On thing that got me to change my mind was the response from the support regarding doubts I had for performance increase:

should you feel no difference in performance on mapping 6 we have to adapt the software for a better result.
For this you have to send us back your RaceChip box to the following address:...

Up to you to decide.

wolfster, below is the response I got from racechip support:

Mapping 6 should give normally the performance improvement that you can see on our homepage.
Per position you go down you get less performance about 1-2 %.

If you change the mapping to 0 you get the serial performance (no performance improvement).

Rae07

Reaction score
Dear all, I had just got a 2nd hand Racechip for my RCZ but the previous owner lost the instructions.

I intend to rely on the mini cooper installation on YouTube since engine is similar
https://youtu.be/bmFQVBPFJ-8

But to be sure I am not missing anything, I was wondering if there are any installation instructions available online? Local RaceChip agent, as expected, is not replying.

DKZ5745

Reaction score
I don’t think the race chip has proven to be very popular on here. Most have opted for remapping instead, and seem to have had better results.

Maybe someone will read this that has gone down the same route as you...... :eusa-think:

Rae07

Reaction score
I figured after reading the whole thread but just giving a shot.

Reason why I opt for RaceChip is simple. Lack of reliable workshop to do mapping locally. Peugeot is not the most popular make.

Grimreaper

Reaction score
Rae07 said:

Reason why I opt for RaceChip is simple. Lack of reliable workshop to do mapping locally. Peugeot is not the most popular make.
Well all it basically is a wiring loom with each ends labelled one A one B one C
+ plug in race chip the other end. Diagram to show where for a 200 Thp.
Just make sure ignition is off & wait 10 mins before fitting to allow shutdown first.
When all connected up plug in race chip & no light on race chip should show. Then switch on ignition & check race chip for green light, then start up. :thumbup:

Good luck.

Attachments

• 83898915-7C44-4E80-B8FF-3D1C75EF48BF.jpeg
    83898915-7C44-4E80-B8FF-3D1C75EF48BF.jpeg
    157.5 KB · Views: 745

Plecodoras

Reaction score
That's like the instructions I got from Ikea, never did get that wardrobe up properly,
more like the leaning tower of Pisa !

Good Luck with the chips....

Rae07

Reaction score
Grimreaper said:
Rae07 said:

Well all it basically is a wiring loom with each ends labelled one A one B one C
+ plug in race chip the other end. Diagram to show where for a 200 Thp.
Just make sure ignition is off & wait 10 mins before fitting to allow shutdown first.
When all connected up plug in race chip & no light on race chip should show. Then switch on ignition & check race chip for green light, then start up. :thumbup:

Good luck.

Thanks for the comprehensive pic mate! At least I have an instruction to start with! appreciate it.

emjay82

Reaction score
How has this race chip performed, any issues, anyone else got one of these?

2retro

Reaction score
emjay82 said:
I'm very happy with mine. Definitely gives it some extra oomph! The RCZ is not slow to begin with but I could instantly tell the difference and feel the extra power after installing mine so I would definitely recommend it.

Also, I just checked and the 13% cashback offer is on again at the moment so definitely check the links on page one of this thread if you decide to get one and save yourself some money. :thumbup:

emjay82

Reaction score
2retro said:
emjay82 said:
I'm very happy with mine. Definitely gives it some extra oomph! The RCZ is not slow to begin with but I could instantly tell the difference and feel the extra power after installing mine so I would definitely recommend it.

Also, I just checked and the 13% cashback offer is on again at the moment so definitely check the links on page one of this thread if you decide to get one and save yourself some money. :thumbup:

Thanks for your feedback, which version of the race chip did you go for and do you have the mobile phone/app control?

2retro

Reaction score
emjay82 said:
2retro said:
emjay82 said:

Thanks for your feedback, which version of the race chip did you go for and do you have the mobile phone/app control?
I just went the basic one with an extra 30bhp as it gave a decent gain for a modest price. I have an RCZ 156 so this takes it closer to the RCZ 200 GT. No app control on it though, just set it and forget it! :thumbup:

tm2204

Reaction score
Been driving a re-mapped 406 Coupe 2.2 HDi past 17 years. I'm not a 'floor & redline it' type of driver but I do like a car with good pull/torque as it's this that gives the feeling of speed and throws you back in your seat IMO.

Having just bought a 156 THP RCZ (Mark I, 2010) I was pretty happy with it's performance (for me) so wasn't really interested in getting a full ECU remap, added to the fact we were in Covid so was gonna be difficult to arrange anyways. Also I was not too keen on suddenly & greatly increasing the 'strain' a fully fledged remap might put on a 90k miles 10 year old car that appeared to be running very very well for it's age.

So I decided after some research to go for a Racechip. Not for the increase in HP (+19HP) but for the increase in torque (+48 Nm). Decided on the standard Racechip S as I reconed for the money £119 it was the best value and wasn't too much of an investment if it didn't work out for me.
Installation was simple, it connects to the boost sensor on the intercooler return hose and the MAP sensor under the airbox.

Been using it a week now on setting No. 4 (it has settings 1 to 5 with 3 being the default) and I have to say it does exactly what I want from it... a boost in torque and a noticeable faster driving experience.
For some who are into dyno's & absolute horsepower gains it might not suit but i'm happy with my results for the small investment I've put in.

RaceChip RCZ 1.6 THP (156) Install - 02.jpg

Location of the 2 sensors (Boost & MAP) you need to connect to with the supplied Racechip wiring harness.

IMG_20200629_195824.jpg

IMG_20200629_195844.jpg

IMG_20200629_195926.jpg

Some photos of the finished installation 😁 👍

csb64

Reaction score
I got a Celtic Tune remap with high flow filter,on my HDI and full service,cambelt all done at the same time,and it definitely upped the performance,Took it for a blast on private road and it pulled to genuine 140 with more to go no problem,Over taking is effortless and now getting around 63mpg combined.When pressing hard you have to be mindful of revs going up a lot faster then before,you hit 5500rpm before you know it,The in gear acceleration is great 410nm torque and 210bhp for this car it should be.Would be interesting against a petrol 200 that has a remap.Its never going to sound as good as a petrol but it's in my view better in all other ways.

Last edited:

Verminator

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes his own private air strip 😂 😂
I have Hdi and been thinking about it myself.................. bet it's been a costly job to get all that work done.. But well done just drive safe and stay lucky 🍀
Les n Co