What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Living with a RACECHIP!

Stu8

Reaction score
Well I decided to take another hit too my wallet and I purchased a racechip rs , as I've been thinking of increasing the power a little for a while, I've had a few of my previous cars remapped with different outcomes some good some bad , so I thought I would go down the racechip route as i could fit it myself (love too tinker ) I must say I'm very impressed with the result, it's been on my car now for a couple of months and the improvement in performance is impressive so if there is anybody like me who is thinking of remapping I for one would definitely recommend the racechip it might be a little more expensive but you have got the option of transferring it too your next car a reprogram thrown in with the price, any questions please ask always wiling to help. :dance:

Nemi

Reaction score
I see they have updated their racechips for RCZ since last summer :eusa-think: I was thinking about one of those racechips but eventually i decided to do remap instead.

Have you tried different tuning mappings on that chip? I wonder what is the difference :eusa-think:

2retro

Reaction score
Nice! This looks like a vastly simpler (and safer) option than remapping.

Do you think you're getting the advertised extra 31HP from it? And was it easy to fit?

Stu8

Reaction score
Yes they updated them there use to be just two sensor connection points for the RCZ but now there are three points to connect some thing to do with improved performance of the chip, as for installation not that difficult the only tricky part was removing the air filter box to access one of the sensors other than that straight forward, as for performance gains the car definitely pulls better and you certainly feel the surge when the turbo kicks in a lot more than before, I enjoy overtaken even more now, they say 30+ bhp gain, i would have to take it for a rolling road test too see exactly what the gains are but it definitely feels substantial and I have no complaints so far, I haven't had time too try any of the other setting on my RS CHIP yet, maybe when the weather improves I might have a play.

Jh72i

Reaction score
Very interesting - I've been meaning to post a question about whether a remap is worth doing. I got a quote here of €699 to remap my 200 for a 25hp gain. Lots of posts here over the years so was wondering all these years later what folks think!

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
Jh72i said:
Very interesting - I've been meaning to post a question about whether a remap is worth doing. I got a quote here of €699 to remap my 200 for a 25hp gain. Lots of posts here over the years so was wondering all these years later what folks think!

I was blown away with my remap I couldn’t believe how different the car drives quicker to pick up and accelerates harder but what I couldn’t believe was the extra fuel economy that goes with it around 8 miles to the gallon extra win win :dance:
I think your quote of €699 is well over the top you should be paying around €300 max.
What I have also noticed is that my exhaust tips no longer soot up so I think the RCZ runs a little rich as standard?

Nemi

Reaction score
Jh72i said:

€699 seems way too much for a remap. I agree with neil, remap should cost your around €300. I had my THP 200 remapped to 230HP / 340Nm for around €300 and it definitely feels better then before, difference is very noticeable :shock: Although i didn't notice any increase in fuel economy but that is something i don't really care about :eusa-shhh:

There is another way to remap your car https://www.etuners.gr/flasher-thp/

Jh72i

Reaction score
Unfortunately everything in this particular Nordic country is a ripoff :?

Now, you all have me looking at the Racechip GTS (yeah, I can't afford that either really) - any thoughts on that one. I love the idea that you can (if I have read correctly) configure from your phone. Also that you can just turn it off if you want to return to stock to remind yourself of what gains (or not) you get.

Stu8

Reaction score
I also thought of getting the RACECHIP GTS but after a little research into the product i decided to get the RS chip as the gts chip for the rcz is only a 5 bhp increase on RS one and you are not going to feel any power difference in every day use plus for the extra 5 bhp is going to cost quite a lot more money, so if you're thinking of the racechip I personally recommend the RS one.

2retro

Reaction score
If anyone is thinking of getting one of these you can get yourself a nice little discount by signing up here first:

https://www.topcashback.co.uk/ref/2retro

Currently RaceChip are offering 13.13% cashback on purchases made through the above link which for the RCZ works out at around:

£16.00 off the RaceChip 'S'

£28.00 off the RaceChip 'RS'

£45.00 off the RaceChip 'GTS'

Not bad at all! :thumbup:

Jh72i

Reaction score
Yikes, I went ahead and pulled the trigger based on your recommendation Stu8 and purchased the 'RS'.

As part of the purchase process i had to identify what "manifold pressure sensor" is installed on my car. So i nipped down to the underground car park and eventually found that....

Now, when i start the car i get the dreaded "Engine fault repair needed" screen...

In my effort to find the right connector i first was looking at the wrong place and also disconnected this one a little further to the left....

Both are reconnected properly but the "Engine fault..." message still appears.

Any idea?

Attachments

• Manifold pressure sensor type A 7333.jpg
    Manifold pressure sensor type A 7333.jpg
    18.1 KB · Views: 5,117
  • fault.jpg
    fault.jpg
    18.4 KB · Views: 5,116
  • xx.jpg
    xx.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 5,119

tianorth

Reaction score
Other than making sure no dirt/moisture is on contacts of connecrors, can't think of anything else unless the sensor has been allowed to move.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Jh72i

Reaction score
Crisis over - tried disconnecting the battery to no avail but stopped at traffic lights on the way home I decided to turn off & on the engine &, hey presto, error didn't show up :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2retro

Reaction score
Maybe Stu8 would consider posting some pics showing where the correct connections are located?

Would be very useful for future buyers. :thumbup:

renegade79

Reaction score
when I was installing my k and n in my 208 thp 200 I had to disconnect the maf sensor but it threw up a light on the display. I simply cleared the fault using an OBD II connector and the fault went away.

Stu8

Reaction score
Jh72i said:
Yikes, I went ahead and pulled the trigger based on your recommendation Stu8 and purchased the 'RS'.

As part of the purchase process i had to identify what "manifold pressure sensor" is installed on my car. So i nipped down to the underground car park and eventually found that....

Now, when i start the car i get the dreaded "Engine fault repair needed" screen...

In my effort to find the right connector i first was looking at the wrong place and also disconnected this one a little further to the left....

Both are reconnected properly but the "Engine fault..." message still appears.

Any idea?
Sorry to hear your having issues with your racechip, did you follow the instructions supplied and before starting your install you are suppose to pop your bonnet and then lock the car and leave for 10 mins before you start your installation it's really important you do that first before you go disconnecting the sensors.

Stu8

Reaction score
This is for everybody to know the correct wiring procedure - cable marked GREEN goes to boost pressure sensor. Cable marked RED goes to manifold intake sensor (under air filter box). Cable marked blue goes to air flow sensor. So if you're looking straight at your engine it's green on the left, red under the air filter box ( center ), and blue to the right hand side, hope this helps a little.

Jh72i

Reaction score
Hi, Stu8, you misunderstand - this was part of the race chip online purchase process. I'm nowhere near the installation stage :|

But thank you for these early tips - believe me I need them & also, believe me, I will proceed with extreme caution whenever the installation process starts.

Hey, also thank you 2retro - I might have gotten a small discount :thumbup: