What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

iPOD connectivity

A

Anonymous

I connected my ipod nano via usb and the songs play but you cannot control the songs other than going through each album by fast forward or reverse - is this all you can do? - dont seem to be able to shuffle songs - you can on each album but that's about it - I think? help/advice please? :!:

A

Anonymous

lyndarobertson1 said:
I connected my ipod nano via usb and the songs play but you cannot control the songs other than going through each album by fast forward or reverse - is this all you can do? - dont seem to be able to shuffle songs - you can on each album but that's about it - I think? help/advice please? :!:

I find the same Lynda, a pain in the butt! Scrolling by artist is a nightmare too!

A

Anonymous

lyndarobertson1 said:
If you had the sat nav it would be even worse :thumbdown:

RCZ1

Reaction score
You are pressing and holding the List refresh button aren't you to bring up playlists, genres, etc :eusa-think: :?:

A

Anonymous

I find that my sony walkman mp3 is fine. I also use my i-pod occasionally and I have problems such as tracks jumping and very slow response in connecting. also sometimes I have to manually reboot the i-pod which is a 160 gb classic. In all honesty I think that the problem is apple and not the peugeot usb connectivity as I know that apple over compress mp3 tracks whereas sony and others do not.

I would be interested to hear other's views on this as it is a subject very close to my heart. i love my music and the standard sound system is good in the RCZ especially when playing CDs. As I say though my sony mp3 also plays well in the car.

pete.garratt

Reaction score
As I understand it, iPod support is limited, especially with NG4 (you don't mention which system you have).

I know from experience that, with NG4, you are better off using the in-built jukebox, an external hard drive with mp3 tracks only or - as you have found - a strictly mo3 player.

For the NG4 system, I'm given to understand the issue is a combination of design lead time and the various licence agreements etc. that have to be in place to make the two systems to talk to each other in a useful way.

For the standard radio, I think the iPod control is much better, with better navigation available, as well as streaming by bluetooth. I've never heard of some of the symptoms you report - skipping, slow response etc.

Perhaps others can comment?

RCZ1

Reaction score
I have the standard stereo and always use my ipod for music (never the CD) and I've not experienced any problems with it.
It doesn't skip and goes straight to the ipod when I start the car as its always connected. I thinks its a really good system which you have total control over from the steering wheel.

A

Anonymous

RCZ1 said:
I have the standard stereo and always use my ipod for music (never the CD) and I've not experienced any problems with it.
It doesn't skip and goes straight to the ipod when I start the car as its always connected. I thinks its a really good system which you have total control over from the steering wheel.
You are so lucky RCZ1. Had you chosen the Sat Nav option then you would be less than happy with the Ipod's effectiveness :thumbdown:

RCZ1

Reaction score
OO58RON said:
RCZ1 said:
You are so lucky RCZ1. Had you chosen the Sat Nav option then you would be less than happy with the Ipod's effectiveness :thumbdown:

I do believe I would Ron judging by the stories you have told me about yours. I would expect more for the amount of money you have to pay for it :eusa-whistle:

A

Anonymous

@ the lovely RCZ1.....................Mines fine too but how do you get it to shuffle play the songs?

RCZ1

Reaction score
H12RPO said:
@ the lovely RCZ1.....................Mines fine too but how do you get it to shuffle play the songs?

Press the Menu button on the actual stereo, select Audio Functions, select USB and you can then activate / deactivate random play of the folder or playlist you are in.

This should do it :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

Got my I-Pod (Nano) finally working again the other day.

Hasn't worked for months - everything loads, it's just like it's on pause :eusa-think:

Anyways, this is how I fired it up and it worked this time:

1) Car engine off
2) Plug in the USB Cable
3) Turn Radio on
4) Scroll to the Input Aux screen
5) Press and hold the List Refresh button for around 30 seconds (maybe too long)
6) Press the Source Button again
7) I-Pod started playing.

Hurray !!

Don't know why / how it's working now - the above is what I followed.
Hope it carries on working for a LONG time :thumbup:

PS Didn't mess around with converting any I-Tunes to MP3 format or any of that rubbish.

A

Anonymous

Yep, standard radio.

I'm really pleased with the standard radio and the sound quality - particularly after all the hassle others have had with the NG4.

As I said before, once you start making things complicated / an effort to use, (most) people just switch off, can't be bothered / don't have the time and don't use the gadgets that they have because of this.

Anyway, pleased that I can listen to a myriad of songs / albums again now instead of the same CD over and over again :? :crazy: :cry:

RCZ1

Reaction score
Hope it carries on that way for you Gorwell. I think the standard stereo is great and so easy to use and control all my playlists, etc. Don't think I would ever spend ( waste) my money on the JBL upgrade, even if it does make the interior look better.

A

Anonymous

RCZ1 said:
Don't think I would ever spend ( waste) my money on the JBL upgrade, even if it does make the interior look better.
JBL doesn't make the interior look a lot different. Simply a silver plate with JBL on it attached to the door speakers. I suspect you are referring to the NG4/Sat Nav which does improve "cab appeal" at the expense of ease of use and functionality :thumbdown:

RCZ1

Reaction score
OO58RON said:
RCZ1 said:
Don't think I would ever spend ( waste) my money on the JBL upgrade, even if it does make the interior look better.
JBL doesn't make the interior look a lot different. Simply a silver plate with JBL on it attached to the door speakers. I suspect you are referring to the NG4/Sat Nav which does improve "cab appeal" at the expense of ease of use and functionality :thumbdown:

I was indeed referring to the NG4/SatNav - my mistake - although it does change the way music is played/operated, if I'm not mistaken and which caused you so much trouble :eusa-think:

A

Anonymous

RCZ1 said:

Am due to have my RCZ delivered early next month (am hoping for the 1st!) and will then be buying an I-pod to use in the car. I'd like to buy the 160 GB Classic, but am a little concerned by the trouble other people seem to be having. My car will have the standard stereo also - could you just confirm which I-Pod you have?

Many thanks.

pete.garratt

Reaction score
I don't think the type of iPod matters too much, it's more to do with the car.

You say you will have the standard stereo, so you should have some navigation option and be able to play non-mp3 music e.g. Apples own formats.