What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

iPOD connectivity

A

Anonymous

I can't get my three week old RCZ to play my five year old 20 GB iPod. Can anyone offer any advice? It doesn't appear to recognise the source.

A

Anonymous

Uberholt said:
I can't get my three week old RCZ to play my five year old 20 GB iPod. Can anyone offer any advice? It doesn't appear to recognise the source.

It only plays iPods that are capable of mounting as USB drives. Yours does not.

A

Anonymous

I'm not quite sure what you mean by 'capable of mounting as USB drives????' I plug the iPod in via a USB???? It worked perfectly well on my 2010 Beetle...

I've tried to use a USB stick with MP3 and this refuses to work as well.

A

Anonymous

Uberholt said:
I'm not quite sure what you mean by 'capable of mounting as USB drives????' I plug the iPod in via a USB???? It worked perfectly well on my 2010 Beetle...

I've tried to use a USB stick with MP3 and this refuses to work as well.

Only the latest NANO's are capable of mounting as if they were a USB drive which is what the car needs. It does not talk to the iPod in native format so unless your iPod can pretend it is a memory stick type device it does not work as far as I know.

For the memory stick to work it has to be FAT32 and less than 16gb. It also has to have less than a certain number of tracks on it which I can't remember at the moment.

A

Anonymous

I don't think you are right about only the latest nanos being capable of mounting as a USB drive. My old ipod could do it - there is a setting in itunes on the computer which allows the ipod to be read as a USB drive/hard drive - this needs to be enabled and then you should be able to see the drive in explorer (assuming you are on windows). If you can see the drive then you should be good to go in the car

hth

A

Anonymous

Right guys, I need some help here.

1.. Can you tell me where the setting in iTunes is that will all the ipod to be read as a USB drive, please? I can't bloody find it...

2. I purchased a new 8gb memory stick today (11 Euros!) I reformatted the stick in FAT32. Transfered across two miserable little songs from itunes and I get the message 'peripheral error 'and sweet F*** all music..... What am I doing wrong???

A

Anonymous

My I-Pod (Nano) works, although only occassionally.

For some reason, it'll just stop working.
Doesn't matter what I do, re-connecting to I-Tunes, deleting a few albums off, etc it just has a mind of it's own.

Then suddenly, for no apparent reason, it works again.

Most frustrating bit is that the car always recognises the I-Pod, shows me all the tunes that are actually on the I-Pod, shows the name of the album / song on the screen - it's just as though it's on mute.
The track sits there showing 00:00......ARGHHH !!!!!!!!!

If you fast forward / rewind, it'll correctly show you all the songs on the I-Pod, it just won't play them.
Going through one of these phases at the moment.
I know though, within the next couple of days, without doing anything, it'll start working again.

Answers on a Postcard please Pop Pickers :thumbup:

RCZ1

Reaction score
Is the volume on the iPod turned up? OR is the hold button on top of the iPod turned on or is the actual iPod on paused - in which case it will he as if muted. Just some thoughts that spring to mind.

A

Anonymous

The RCZ doesnt support MP4 so you have to convert all your Ipod Music back to MP3 ,this is really annoying such a backward step when all other cars allow you to control the ipod as well !

A

Anonymous

RCZ1 said:
Is the volume on the iPod turned up?

Yep :thumbup:

RCZ1 said:
OR is the hold button on top of the iPod turned on or is the actual iPod on paused - in which case it will he as if muted.

Button on top of I-Pod on "live" i.e. orange / red part not showing.
I-Pod plays loudly to itself when not connected to the car.

Thanks for the advice though, I've just re-tried it in the car....same result.
Car recognises the I-Pod, shows all the Tunes, just shows the 00:00 and the track won't actually start to play.

mikeyv60 said:
The RCZ doesnt support MP4 so you have to convert all your Ipod Music back to MP3 ,this is really annoying such a backward step when all other cars allow you to control the ipod as well !

You might have hit something here.

I deleted some albums off thinking it might make the car start to play them.
I notice that in the Re-cycle Bin all the Tracks are listed as MPEG4.
Some of these albums have been on the I-Pod for years now and have previously played okay.
Maybe I-Tunes is "converting" all my Tunes to MPEG4 without me realising - hence then not playing :eusa-think:

Hmm....interesting one
:thumbup:

A

Anonymous

Uberholt said:
Right guys, I need some help here.

1.. Can you tell me where the setting in iTunes is that will all the ipod to be read as a USB drive, please? I can't bloody find it...

2. I purchased a new 8gb memory stick today (11 Euros!) I reformatted the stick in FAT32. Transfered across two miserable little songs from itunes and I get the message 'peripheral error 'and sweet F*** all music..... What am I doing wrong???

Right; I've made some progress. The 8GB stick will work with tunes ripped from Windows Media Player but this means I'm gonna have to shove all my CDs back into Win. Md. Player. What a pain....

I bet iTunes is using a format that the RCZ does not suppport. Come on Peugeot, get it sorted. If my 2011 Beetle can play my iPod then the RCZ should be able to do as well....

A

Anonymous

I'm using an iPod touch without any problems - other than having to listen to tunes, or skip in order. I just followed the instructions in the manual and plugged in?.

RCZ1

Reaction score
Same here. My Ipod has worked fine since day one. Plugged it into the USB port and away I went with full control.

I'm stumped as to why you guys are having trouble :eusa-think:

A

Anonymous

My Ipod touch is a 3rd gen and it will charge but in media it doesnt see it?

A

Anonymous

uberholt - just tell Itunes to convert to mp3, not mpeg4 format. it wont help you with your older stuff but it will with any new tunes.

A

Anonymous

eyetiepie said:
uberholt - just tell Itunes to convert to mp3, not mpeg4 format. it wont help you with your older stuff but it will with any new tunes.
After you have told Itunes to to convert to MP3 highlight all your music libary and right click convert to MP3 and all your library will add a new converted MP3 song

A

Anonymous

Hope you've had more joy than me Uberholt.

I've given up - and gone back to a bootfull of CDs again.

:thumbup:

A

Anonymous

The who;e system is below standard and Peugeot need to get a handle on it and damn well sort out the many glitches with it.