What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

iPOD connectivity

A

Anonymous

Hi Jactac,

It looks like it would really help others if you let them know the model of your various Ipods and how you are connecting them to the NG4, eg what sort of lead and into which hole etc! :thumbup:

regards

Marcus

A

Anonymous

Well unless i'm missing something here, our NG4 works fine with our ipods, the steering stalks operate the ipods, i can select track from the ipod.

Ok i say "I" can do these things, i actualy leave it to my son, but as a rule we dont seem to have the issues that others are experiencing.
Perhaps i'm not getting as deep into all the techy stuff as others do on the NG4 ?

My only real gripe is the post code digit thing, it does get a bit frustrating, but everything else with the system i find ok.

A

Anonymous

RCZGT200 said:
Hi Jactac,

It looks like it would really help others if you let them know the model of your various Ipods and how you are connecting them to the NG4, eg what sort of lead and into which hole etc! :thumbup:

regards

Marcus
It isn't only the lack of compatibility with the Ipod but that is a sore point. The system or the instructions do not work. Even Peugeot agree that the instructions are wrong.

A

Anonymous

Marcus,
As soon as the lad is home from Uni i will get him to check this out, as it's him that uses all that techy stuff, as long as i got my Abba cd playing i dont care. :lol:

To be honest i have been down this road numerous times with another member, i think if i recall correctly we had to update our ipods, mp3 players ect to a different software, in fact something tells me we even went back to older versions of software, if that makes sense.

As for the phone thing i just use bluetooth and everything works fine, even txt msg.
My sons Blueberry does have some bluetooth issues with the NG4 for some reason, but he's hardly in the car so it doesnt really concern us.

I will see what i can find out, but i think its software related :eusa-think:

A

Anonymous

RCZGT200 said:
Which bit of the instructions Ron?
The bit that gives the details of how to set "Home entry" I know most people do not recommend that you use this option, however for me it is another case of the NG4 not performing as it should do.

Let we restate that I love my car and the media system improves the cabin appeal. I would just like all of the options on it to work correctly :beer:

A

Anonymous

Ron,

When my Asphalt is pdi'd and on the road I will have a play with this feature for you and let you know if I can get it to work , and if so how :thumbup:

Marcus

A

Anonymous

Again my son did the "home entry" for me, but i think you can either add your postcode or address into the address book and change the name to home, or i think there is an instruction in the manual on how to do it.

I can definatly select "home" as a destination on a journey.
And to deter any would be car thiefs from breaking into the house i have popped a pic of the wife in all our windows. :eusa-whistle:

I'm lucky that my son knows how to do these things, so i've been a bit lazy really and have not looked at the manual to find out how these things are done. :oops:

A

Anonymous

RCZGT200 said:
Ron,

When my Asphalt is pdi'd and on the road I will have a play with this feature for you and let you know if I can get it to work , and if so how :thumbup:

Marcus
I had the "techy chap" sorry my memory is not too good so can't remember his name, from Pinley house in my car trying to resolve my outstanding issues with the system. He couldn't get to the bottom of any and so resolved to contact Peugeot France for answers.

A

Anonymous

sounds like you need to borrow jactacs lad for a few hours !

A

Anonymous

RCZGT200 said:
sounds like you need to borrow jactacs lad for a few hours !
Hell Marcus
I had the head Tech from Peugeot UK and that didn't help :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

Its NOT who you Know it's what you know !!

Kids these days are far ahead of us oldies.
At the moment my lad is splitting atoms for fun. :lol:

A

Anonymous

All, I have just input a lot of music directly onto the hard drive from a USB sick and I have to say it really was very simple and it sounds great and is easy to find, either manually or via voice. The more I use this system the easier it gets and the happier I am :dance:

A

Anonymous

Uberholt said:
eyetiepie said:
uberholt - just tell Itunes to convert to mp3, not mpeg4 format. it wont help you with your older stuff but it will with any new tunes.

Sorry to be thick but just how do I do that???

Uberholt, highlight all of the songs in an album on Itunes and then right click, create mp3 version. Then when you go into your music folder (not Itunes, just select the mp3 version and copy to a USB and you should have no problems copying to the hard drive. PM me if you need more help.

A

Anonymous

OO58RON said:
RCZGT200 said:
Which bit of the instructions Ron?
The bit that gives the details of how to set "Home entry" I know most people do not recommend that you use this option, however for me it is another case of the NG4 not performing as it should do.

Let we restate that I love my car and the media system improves the cabin appeal. I would just like all of the options on it to work correctly :beer:

Ron I managed to do this by going into my address book where I had previously stored the home phone number and just added my address and followed the instructions. Now all I do is press the button on the end of the light stalk and say navigation, home and hey presto, it works. If you want more details let me know.

A

Anonymous

Ryanb,

Good advice, :clap:
you seem to have worked out the niggles that are frustrating some members.

Like you i find the system easy enough to get along with. :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

ryanb said:
Ron I managed to do this by going into my address book where I had previously stored the home phone number and just added my address and followed the instructions. Now all I do is press the button on the end of the light stalk and say navigation, home and hey presto, it works. If you want more details let me know.
ryanb you have hit upon the answer to probably two of my queries. :thumbup: Home is now set and I suspect that my phone will now display the text message senders name rather than just the number. :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

It's not rocket science as my lad keeps telling me.

Oh to be young and clever eh !!!

A

Anonymous

Ron thats good news.

Jactac, I am afraid I am not young unless 42 is still young?