What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

iPOD connectivity

A

Anonymous

pete.garratt said:
I don't think the type of iPod matters too much, it's more to do with the car.

You say you will have the standard stereo, so you should have some navigation option and be able to play non-mp3 music e.g. Apples own formats.

Many thanks Pete.

Roll on the delivery date...

A

Anonymous

Hi,

My radio is the one with GPS and juke box. Does anyone know how to connect a iPod, or the music of a iPhone?

Kind regards,

MV

Smiler

Reaction score
Miguel Velez said:
Hi,

My radio is the one with GPS and juke box. Does anyone know how to connect a iPod, or the music of a iPhone?

Kind regards,

MV
I Use the USB in the armrest

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A

Anonymous

Smiler said:
Miguel Velez said:
Hi,

Kind regards,

MV
I Use the USB in the armrest

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi,

I read that you connected the ipod using the USB in the armrest. When i connect my ipod classic or iphone 4 to the usb in the armrest, nothing happens. No usb selection in Media, no music playing, etc.

What kinda ipod/iphone do you connect and what are the steps you perform? You do have the Connect Nav 3d, as i see in your profile?

A

Anonymous

The iphone will not work with the satnav system. It's because apple use a proprietory system that can't be read by the system. You can use USB sticks with no problem and then copy the music on to the hard drive.

unfortunately it's also not possible to stream audio via bluetooth with the satnav system which is a major limitation as far as I am concerned. It's possible that this may be addressed with future firmware for the system, but at the moment, you can only make calls over bluetooth.

hth

dave

richard.au

Reaction score
eyetiepie said:
The iphone will not work with the satnav system. It's because apple use a proprietory system that can't be read by the system. You can use USB sticks with no problem and then copy the music on to the hard drive.

unfortunately it's also not possible to stream audio via bluetooth with the satnav system which is a major limitation as far as I am concerned. It's possible that this may be addressed with future firmware for the system, but at the moment, you can only make calls over bluetooth.

hth

dave

to be honest, music over bluetooth is not the best. it's doesn't have the bandwidth for true hifi and the data errors creep in over the wireless, creating changes in the speed and quality of the music.

if you're not a lover of quality music then you may not hear these faults. but i certainly do, and I've never used bluetooth for music since the first day I owned the car and tried the BT.

That said, the bluetooth for the phone call management is first rate. I am very pleased with the way my iPhone interacts with the car for calls. Thoroughly. Also, I don't have the satnav.

Then all of my music is on a USB stick. I've decided this is a very good thing as I'll need to changed the mix regularly as the 'random' mode on the stereo is not as 'random' as I'd like... I used to use Winamp in my previous car and it's 'randomness' was fantastic.. can't say the same for the RCZ tho.

A

Anonymous

richard.au said:
eyetiepie said:

hth

dave

to be honest, music over bluetooth is not the best. it's doesn't have the bandwidth for true hifi and the data errors creep in over the wireless, creating changes in the speed and quality of the music.

if you're not a lover of quality music then you may not hear these faults. but i certainly do, and I've never used bluetooth for music since the first day I owned the car and tried the BT.

That said, the bluetooth for the phone call management is first rate. I am very pleased with the way my iPhone interacts with the car for calls. Thoroughly. Also, I don't have the satnav.

Then all of my music is on a USB stick. I've decided this is a very good thing as I'll need to changed the mix regularly as the 'random' mode on the stereo is not as 'random' as I'd like... I used to use Winamp in my previous car and it's 'randomness' was fantastic.. can't say the same for the RCZ tho.

What is the maximum capacity the system can read using USB stick or SD card? Can i use a 128 gb version, or will it not work?

richard.au

Reaction score
I put an 8GB usb stick in, and hardly use it all. I think I have over 500 songs on less then 4GB.

As I may have said, I took a few hundred songs off, as the RANDOM mode was slow at finding my favourites. I don't think i learns.

But you're saying 128GB - you will never fill it with songs. As for compatibility, you'll simply have to try it, as I don't know if there is a limit on USB size.

A

Anonymous

richard.au said:
I put an 8GB usb stick in, and hardly use it all. I think I have over 500 songs on less then 4GB.

As I may have said, I took a few hundred songs off, as the RANDOM mode was slow at finding my favourites. I don't think i learns.

But you're saying 128GB - you will never fill it with songs. As for compatibility, you'll simply have to try it, as I don't know if there is a limit on USB size.

Thank you for your answers :) Will try. I have a 160 GB iPod completely filled with music, but i think i will just fill the harddrive with my favourites. Would have been nice if i could just connect the iPod, as i didn't have to copy music but just plug in :)

Happy 2013!