What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Intake Hose - squashed end

JazzyRCZ

Reaction score
Is there a test to confirm if the turbo is broken and if there is does a garage need to do it?
From the sound and the damage on the blades it is broken, you could find somewhere that does turbo rebuilds. Should be cheaper than a whole new turbo

AwesomeRob

Reaction score
Here's something odd that I haven't mentioned before.

When I took the MAP Sensor off to clean very small bits of plastic fell off of it around the green sensor area.

No idea where they came from as all the plastic looks intact.

JazzyRCZ

Reaction score

When I took the MAP Sensor off to clean very small bits of plastic fell off of it around the green sensor area.

Maybe whatever the turbo sucked in got shredded and some bits may be stuck in intercooler or the pipe to the throttle body which has the map sensor

JazzyRCZ

Reaction score

Also are you looking to tune the car? Or you keeping it stock, the reason being you could get the turbo rebuilt into a hybrid unit.

Pedro

Reaction score
No idea what the blades are meant to look like but I'm sure they aren't meant to look like this.
The impeller blades are damaged so something has definitely been through the system you said there was indications of particles around the MAP sensor any indication what they might be as you shouldn't find any debris at all in the intercooler pipes

AwesomeRob

Reaction score
No idea.
The bits are so small at first I thought it was oil (there was a very very small amount of oil) but then it flaked off and it was hard when pressed.

What is a hybrid unit.

I was trying to see if it was cheaper to get the Turbo rebuilt first.

A garage who fixed my snapped bolt issue (they were the only one's that wanted to do it out of 6 other mechanics) quoted me £1150 inc VAT for a new turbo and fitting.

AwesomeRob

Reaction score
Can someone explain how the Air Intake waste hose works?
When I was fitting the silicone air intake hose I had to do a bit of DIY on the waste hose. Could that have caused it? Although I'm sure that noise was there before just very faint until I fitted the new hose as the old hose wasn't supplying the air correctly as the original hose went messed up.

Pedro

Reaction score
I would imagine getting a rebuild or even a new replacement /exchange is the best route

Pedro

Reaction score
Can someone explain how the Air Intake waste hose works?
When I was fitting the silicone air intake hose I had to do a bit of DIY on the waste hose. Could that have caused it? Although I'm sure that noise was there before just very faint until I fitted the new hose as the old hose wasn't supplying the air correctly as the original hose went messed up.
Waste hose ? You have the main air flow from the Filter box & a wet oil vapour bypass hose which connects to the rocker cover inlet & a smaller separate hose which runs almost parallel to the main larger hose from the rear of the engine

JazzyRCZ

Reaction score
No idea.
The bits are so small at first I thought it was oil (there was a very very small amount of oil) but then it flaked off and it was hard when pressed.

What is a hybrid unit.

I was trying to see if it was cheaper to get the Turbo rebuilt first.

A garage who fixed my snapped bolt issue (they were the only one's that wanted to do it out of 6 other mechanics) quoted me £1150 inc VAT for a new turbo and fitting.
It's probably best to get a standard unit but a hybrid is where they upgrade the internals of the turbo such as a larger compressor wheel to be able to push out more power.

The standard turbo is fine anyway for a stage 1 or 2 map if you was planning to. Hybrid just for extra power

AwesomeRob

Reaction score
Went to pick a new MAP sensor from the shop and they gave me this.

Attachments

• s-l300.jpg
    s-l300.jpg
    3.8 KB · Views: 7

AwesomeRob

Reaction score
When in fact I wanted this, see attached.

I also went into the local Peugeot dealership to pickup a new headlight washer cap cover which Ive been waiting 2 months for and cost £70 and they ordered the part for the RCZ R instead which is twice the width. They then tell me the part for the regular RCZ is £99 but luckily they are doing it at the same price.

I'm not having much luck today.

Attachments

• 20220407_104123.jpg
    20220407_104123.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 9

Pedro

Reaction score
Fakin useless I cannot understand why people are so stupid when the part no's are in any computer system & if you go to the dealer always ask if you can get it a trade price because the car has had numerous failures costing a fortune to fix & if your lucky they will oblige mine did & I know I can get parts a lot cheaper

AwesomeRob

Reaction score
I've had it confirmed by 3 garages now.
As soon as I went it to pick up my car from a smoke test this morning the owner said. That Turbo is f***ed.

Any advice on where to get a good quality refurbished Turbo?

Pedro

Reaction score
I've had it confirmed by 3 garages now.
As soon as I went it to pick up my car from a smoke test this morning the owner said. That Turbo is f***ed.

Any advice on where to get a good quality refurbished Turbo?
There are numerous listings on the web & on ebay so its a case of choice/costs etc I've seen prices as low as £180 but climbing to the £350ish mark & beyond for a high end upgrade so depending on how much you wish to spend I would weigh up the cost of a new one against a refurb & then decide if its worth splashing out on a car I may decide to sell on in a couple of years or do I get the refurb just to get it back on the road?

AwesomeRob

Reaction score
£650 + VAT for new.
£239 inc VAT for refurb and sending the old one back.
£420 from essex turbos to to a complete rebuild of the existing unit.

I'd like to keep the car for another 3 years until I get a Tesla.

Pedro

Reaction score
I would go for the full build as its £230 cheaper plus you will get a normally 2 yr warranty? & as you don't know how bad the damage inside is (Turbine blades & possibly the wastegate?) you will get almost a new unit

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
When in fact I wanted this, see attached.

I also went into the local Peugeot dealership to pickup a new headlight washer cap cover which Ive been waiting 2 months for and cost £70 and they ordered the part for the RCZ R instead which is twice the width. They then tell me the part for the regular RCZ is £99 but luckily they are doing it at the same price.

I'm not having much luck today.
I think what they’ve supplied is a MK 2 washer cover but I’m sure for the MK1 they’re £99 a pair not each