What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Intake Hose - squashed end

AwesomeRob

Reaction score
Hi,

Should I replace the intake hose as someone somehow squashed the end, see attached picture.

Would this affect anything?

Attachments

• thumbnail_20220402_104018.jpg
    thumbnail_20220402_104018.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 33
  • thumbnail_20220402_104022.jpg
    thumbnail_20220402_104022.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 33

Pedro

Reaction score
Yep it will possibly cause a vacuum leak which could potentially trigger a MAF sensor issue putting the EML on & a lumpy idle etc
I would remove the jubilee clip & apply a heat gun on low setting to soften the plastic whist its on the flange or a piece of metal pipe in a vice then using something like a table knife with the tip bent slightly inside the pipe end see if it will pull back & retain its shape

AwesomeRob

Reaction score
Could this also be why there's no boost at all and at 1 point got a P2263 - Turbo Pressure Too High error?
I was thinking about getting it replaced with a silicone one.
I looked at this product but it has the power connector missing:

AwesomeRob

Reaction score
I bought and connected the silicone hose and eventually got it connected as the fitting can be a bit fiddly.

Beforehand I could feel the turbo kit in but now there is smooth power delivery across the range, is this working right?

Pedro

Reaction score
On the 200GT you immediately get a more powerful Turbo boost from the throttle response on acceleration as its a twin scroll what you may be experiencing is a more even flow of boost pressure because you possibly had a vacuum on the intake side before changing the hose so you now have the correct amount of air going into the Turbo with the correct air/fuel ratio adjustment from the ECU

AwesomeRob

Reaction score
This is exciting.
Now getting boost pressure too high and too low.
P0299 - P2622 - P2263

AwesomeRob

Reaction score
What does the small hose connector on the right side of the air intake hose do?
Is that the wastegate hose?

AwesomeRob

Reaction score
On my tester it shows Wastegate Electrovalve OCR always at 60%. At idle and with the pedal pressed.

Does this mean the waste actuator or diverter is stuck?

Pedro

Reaction score
P0229 Turbo charger -Low Boost
P2622 Throttle position output -Too high
P2263 Turbocharger boost system performance
You may have a Diverter valve issue or maybe a sticking wastegate which regulates the boost pressure & from what your posting you could be experiencing low boost pressure?
A vacuum leak will & can have a adverse affect on how the engine performs & now you have solved the hose problem I can only assume you had Turbo boost pressure faults beforehand

AwesomeRob

Reaction score
I did but the turbo worked and would present itself randomly.
It worked better when the air intake hose wasn't connected properly at the turbo pipe end.
Now the air intake is connected properly I'm actually getting to see some proper causes for the problems.

I'm going to take the diverter valve off tomorrow morning. I had to look when the air intake pipe was off and 1 bolt looks like it'll be an absolute nightmare to put back.

Pedro

Reaction score
Stupid to say it but you might still have a vacuum problem somewhere as Turbo engines are notorious for air system leaks causing boost problems so are all the hoses sealed correctly?
The diverter valve piston seal can weaken & perforate over time which in turn would cause a boost issue but also a sticking wastegate can give the same issues its a case of trial & error finding where the interference is coming from as for refitting the valve I use one of those Pick up magnets to get the bottom bolt in works a treat as long as your not heavy handed

AwesomeRob

Reaction score
Trying to get the bugger out is a mission as it feels the bolts have never been touched.

I'll see if I can get someone to test for air leaks just in case.

Pedro

Reaction score
I used long Allen key wrenches to slacken them off then turn by hand but watch you don't drop any !

AwesomeRob

Reaction score
Too late. I dropped 1 so I'm going to have to find somewhere that sells that bolt as I doubt I'll find it again.

I used a ratchet with long hex bits and got them out really easy.

The unit looked fine but I ordered a new one through Neo Bros anyway as they are a cheap replacement.

Pedro

Reaction score
The springs can wear out in the valve causing the piston pressure to became weakened but It may not be the problem you could try cleaning the MAF & MAP sensors to see if it makes any difference they can become dirty & not perform as they should do I had to have a new MAP on mine

AwesomeRob

Reaction score
Cleaned the MAF but couldn't figure out how to remove the Air Filter tray to get to the MAP but that was 1 thing I wanted to try.

AwesomeRob

Reaction score
I keep getting confused because everyone decides to use different names for the sensors.
So please correct me:
Left of engine at the back = Turbo Boost Sensor
Under airbox = MAP
Right of engine at back = MAF

Pedro

Reaction score
The MAP (Manifold Absolute Pressure) sensor is located on top of the pipe from the intercooler at the back towards the resonator it has one bolt holding it in the pipe on the left hand side as you stand in front of the car
The MAF (Mass Airflow Sensor) sensor is located on the R/H/Side within the Air intake pipework immediately before the Air filter box it has a plug in connector on the top