What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Intake Hose - squashed end

AwesomeRob

Reaction score
Then I took the MAP out a few days a go to have a look and it had quite a bit of oil on it.

I wasn't quite sure how to clean it but now have some MAF cleaner so will use that.

AwesomeRob

Reaction score
I wonder if I actually have the correct MAP Sensor for my version of RCZ (200) or are they all the same?

I have attached a picture as to what mine looks like.

But if I go to ebay and do a search it comes back with not compatible with my car:

Attachments

• thumbnail_20220407_104123.jpg
    thumbnail_20220407_104123.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 5

AwesomeRob

Reaction score
Changed the Diverter Valve and cleaned the MAP.

I'm now getting a very high pitch squeal when driving in Turbo range. The squeal was there before but very feint and now it is very loud.

Pedro

Reaction score
I wonder if I actually have the correct MAP Sensor for my version of RCZ (200) or are they all the same?

I have attached a picture as to what mine looks like.

But if I go to ebay and do a search it comes back with not compatible with my car:

I had to buy the Bosch one from a dealer that what is on my 200

Pedro

Reaction score
Changed the Diverter Valve and cleaned the MAP.

I'm now getting a very high pitch squeal when driving in Turbo range. The squeal was there before but very feint and now it is very loud.
Boost should be better but it could be the Turbo is spooling up on acceleration sometimes it sounds like its making a high pitched whistling noise mine did it only once in over 4 yrs of owning the car I immediately changed the oil & it disappeared never heard it since but my oil is changed between 3000- 4000 max but never longer than that mileage although some people just leave it because they like the noise it makes & I would be highly surprised if it was down to serious Turbo issues

AwesomeRob

Reaction score
I've booked the car in for a smoke test just to see and I've ordered a new MAP sensor anyway which I'm picking up tomorrow.

All of these things are cheap when doing it yourself so I don't mind changing out a lot parts for new.

AwesomeRob

Reaction score
I'll see if my phone can pick up the noise and I'll upload the file if the forum allows sound files.

AwesomeRob

Reaction score
If I needed to replace the turbo how many hours would it take for a garage to do

Pedro

Reaction score
The turbo might be damaged if its making that whining sound my friends was the same, from the stock intake hose damaging it
Problems with Turbos can be the impeller bearings- wastegates but the biggest Turbo killer is oil starvation- contaminated oil & crap finding its way into the Turbo system

AwesomeRob

Reaction score
No idea what the blades are meant to look like but I'm sure they aren't meant to look like this.

Attachments

• 20220408_115101.jpg
    20220408_115101.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 32

JazzyRCZ

Reaction score
Problems with Turbos can be the impeller bearings- wastegates but the biggest Turbo killer is oil starvation- contaminated oil & crap finding its way into the Turbo system
Yeah also another turbo killer I've seen on these is the rubber inside the stock intake hose gets sucked in and shredded which damages the turbo, very common. Good to upgrade to a silicone hose

JazzyRCZ

Reaction score
No idea what the blades are meant to look like but I'm sure they aren't meant to look like this.
Yeah it most likely was damaged by the stock intake hose, happens alot. Buy a silicone intake hose next it won't ever fail

AwesomeRob

Reaction score
Is there a test to confirm if the turbo is broken and if there is does a garage need to do it?