What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Installing a K&N air filter

RCZ1

Reaction score
Re: Installing a K&N air filter

In conjunction with a K&N filter and using Shell Nitro plus fuel - there is a noticeable improvement in the performance of the RCZ. The way it delivers the power and the acceleration are excellent.

smarty

Reaction score
fitted to 163 hdi. 63 plate, tuck 10 mins, easy fit right side of engine side of lights, 4 screws easy to get too, normal screw driver,
part number 332998

A

Anonymous

Hi Guys, this guide seems very useful and i am very tempted to put one of these filters in my GT 200.

But one thing stopping me is how it would affect insurance? Is this classed as a modification and do you need to actually tell your insurance after changing the air filter or is it more of a wear and tear item like brake pads and doesn't need identifying to the insurance companies (i realise it doesn't really give any/much power but i know that insurance companies love to bump up their prices given any excuse). If anyone has made their insurance company aware, how much did it change your premium?

pete.garratt

Reaction score
Replacing a filter like this isn't really a modification. The filter does the same job and does not increase performance. It's key features are it retains its filtration performance for longer than a paper filter would (they clog) and it is re-useable after cleaning.

A

Anonymous

Best advice I can give is tell them. There will almost certainly be a clause in your insurance that says that *any* change from manufacturers standards spec must be advised to them. If you don't then the nature of the risk they agreed to insure is different in their eyes. Better to pay a small premium now than risk hassle/extra charges/potential cancellation.

Btttom line, and please don't take this the wrong way, but if you can afford an RCZ a small increase in insurance premium won't be to big a hit.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

A

Anonymous

stevebasshead said:
Best advice I can give is tell them. There will almost certainly be a clause in your insurance that says that *any* change from manufacturers standards spec must be advised to them. If you don't then the nature of the risk they agreed to insure is different in their eyes. Better to pay a small premium now than risk hassle/extra charges/potential cancellation.

Btttom line, and please don't take this the wrong way, but if you can afford an RCZ a small increase in insurance premium won't be to big a hit.

Thanks, Ok - i might just give them a call and inquire beforehand then. I know that i used to add on "manufacture fitted options" for things like alloys and satnav etc in modifications which never used to change price so thought may as well.. but this year almost all companies started quoting me almost double for announcing any "mods", so i just left it as standard in end as GT trim covers most things anyway and everyone i spoke to said you shouldn't announce them as they are factory fitted- but i reckon they might start charging silly amounts again if i mention any mods like this, despite it having no real power increase (I'm talking previously £600 went up to £1200- def not worth it).

A

Anonymous

It's definitely the right thing to do, the risk to us drivers seems to be even greater these days if companies are so drastically increasing policy costs for such minor changes.

I'm sure I read posts a while ago on the forum that people here have been charged little, if anything, extra for this particular mod but that's not to say insurance companies haven't changed their stance since.

Think of it this way, if they consider the premium should double and you hadn't declared it but subsequently were involved in a claim, they'd be far, far more likely to cancel your policy for being in breach. Failure to pay such a difference in price could be viewed as effectively an intention to defraud them of their full premium. Cancellation would leave you high and dry, and is more likely to be their reaction than if it was only a modest premium increase.

Hopefully you'll be with one of the more reasonable companies, fingers crossed for you. And you can always ask for a supervisor to review and give a 2nd opinion if the call handler does quote you something ridiculous. No harm in asking ;)

A

Anonymous

Mine was a no cost addition to policy but they will have to issue you with a new policy with modification included :)

A

Anonymous

Kerry this is a great thread I have just bought a pug and first thing I will do is change the filter great pics great instructions thanks

RCZ-Performance

Reaction score
CheBurashka said:
RCZ-Performance said:
Now selling the K&N Filter for both the Diesel and Petrol engines found in the RCZ. So whether or not you have a HDi or THP engine, K&N has a filter for you:

http://shop.rczperformance.com/KN-Air-Filter-KN-Filter.htm

How much in $?

All of our prices are in GBP (£ Sterling) as we are UK based. Conversion into other currencies differ on a regular basis due to changes in the exchange rate, so it is not possible for us to give you an exact cost now as that will not be the same cost say tomorrow or even this afternoon. Since we take Paypal as payments, PayPal will convert £'s into your currency using their exchange rate at the time of purchase. The same goes for Bank Transfers which we also accept, the bank will do the conversion. The exchange rate you find on Google may also differ from what PayPal uses.

Abzynthe

Reaction score
At the moment, Paypal says it would be $90.74 (inc VAT) plus postage, but as Steve says, it changes all the time :)

A

Anonymous

RCZ-Performance said:
Abzynthe said:
At the moment, Paypal says it would be $90.74 (inc VAT) plus postage, but as Steve says, it changes all the time :)
For Russia we do not charge VAT ;)

How much without VAT? :D

RCZ-Performance

Reaction score
CheBurashka said:
RCZ-Performance said:
Abzynthe said:
For Russia we do not charge VAT ;)

How much without VAT? :D

Prices with and without VAT are listed for each item. If you are outside of the EU you will need to contact us for pricing because VAT is applied to all sales if bought through the store. You can contact us through our store or at [email protected]. We look forward to hearing from you:

Link to all filters and Induction Kits:
http://shop.rczperformance.com/category.sc?categoryId=76[/url

A

Anonymous

Kerry
Sorry to bring this up again. I've read your installation post but when looking at the air filter on my diesel, it is in a different place ( front right of engine bay) and having bought a torx t25 driver from B&Q it doesn't fit the screws. Am I missing something?

Abzynthe

Reaction score
This guides for petrol engines. Diesels are alot easier, just undo the screws on the box and exchange the filter.

A

Anonymous

Hi Abz
My point was, I'm having trouble finding something to fit the screws