What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Installing a K&N air filter

A

Anonymous

My K&N filter still sitting in the boot...hard to find the unique screwdriver locally... :(

A

Anonymous

sensen said:
kkrcz said:
My K&N filter still sitting in the boot...hard to find the unique screwdriver locally... :(

So may be it's help :

http://shop.mobileweb.ebay.co.uk/search ... =0&cmd=SKW

Thanks!

Just managed to get a set from a local hardware store at around 3.5 pound.

Spent half an hour installing the filter. The difficult part in opening up the cover. Have to use some force (with care and bumping heart...), and finally got the K&N fitted.

Not sure if there is any significant improvement in power or speed, but I do feel that the sound seems stronger. Did a quick slow drive, and drive seems smoother with more responsive response to my fuel pedal.

Again, NOT SURE if it is just psychologically feel or in reality it is better. :D

(This thread really does help! I have to refer back again to the thread photos to figure out that I need to remove the brake fluid box in order to get the air inlet OFF the cover.

A

Anonymous

Hi all,

Have now purchased the K&N filter, my car is 5 weeks old and plan on installing next weekend.
To the people who have been running one in their RCZ's for a while now, have does the car feel and did you see any benefits, have any sensor problems cropped up?

Cheers,

Paul.......

A

Anonymous

Paintball Paul said:
Hi all,

Have now purchased the K&N filter, my car is 5 weeks old and plan on installing next weekend.
To the people who have been running one in their RCZ's for a while now, have does the car feel and did you see any benefits, have any sensor problems cropped up?

Cheers,

Paul.......

Fitted mine a couple of months ago now and can assure you that no sensor problems should occur. My engine feels a little perkier and responsive since fitting, the main benefit. Recently had the use of a demonstrator RCZ while mine was in getting the mesh grille fitted and noticed the difference with it not having a K&N filter fitted.

A

Anonymous

mrizzle said:
Paintball Paul said:
Hi all,

Cheers,

Paul.......

Fitted mine a couple of months ago now and can assure you that no sensor problems should occur. My engine feels a little perkier and responsive since fitting, the main benefit. Recently had the use of a demonstrator RCZ while mine was in getting the mesh grille fitted and noticed the difference with it not having a K&N filter fitted.

Hi,

Thanks for your reply, sounds good.

Cheers....

RCZ1

Reaction score

Fitted mine in March and not experienced any problems. Car definitely more responsive.

A

Anonymous

Do you guys clean the K&N filter? Fitted mine 2 months ago and was wondering when do I need to clean / re-lub it.

A

Anonymous

kkrcz said:
Do you guys clean the K&N filter? Fitted mine 2 months ago and was wondering when do I need to clean / re-lub it.

I don't...says it's good for 50,000 miles between cleaning...I don't plan on testing that but nor do I plan on cleaning it anytime soon!

A

Anonymous

mrizzle said:
kkrcz said:

I don't...says it's good for 50,000 miles between cleaning...I don't plan on testing that but nor do I plan on cleaning it anytime soon!

As the filter is lub with oil, it will not be a blow blow type of cleaning...and I am not sure what type of oil needed to relub it.

A

Anonymous

kkrcz said:
mrizzle said:
kkrcz said:

As the filter is lub with oil, it will not be a blow blow type of cleaning...and I am not sure what type of oil needed to relub it.

I'd kept hold of the original box and it says, "For detailed filter cleaning instructions, visit http://www.knfilters.com/cleaning"
Hopefully this helps!

A

Anonymous

Looks troublesome...and I don't have the cleaner and lub oil...

A

Anonymous

Fitted mine over one year and had no trouble .
The other day I cleaned and refreshed it!

I used ratchet wrench with a tip for Torx screw.

Spray to dissolve and flow out the dirty and wait for about a ten minutes

wash out with low pressure water

make it dry .
must be patient until mission complete :D

Spray filter oil

Attention !! : More than enough is too much :lol:

and finished

After refreshing K&N filter I can feel the engine is more responsible and the sound becomes a little silent.