What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Hiya im new to here

A

Anonymous

Hi Max

How do i know who not to ask questions? u all look the same to me lol

Prev car history u ask...well started with a fiesta, then an xr2i fiesta, then my dad built me an ac cobra kit car (that was fun), next was a hyundai coupe, then a bmw 320ci, then a crossfire 3.2 coupe, then a crossfire 3.2 convertible, now a 308 convertible and my favourite my 200gt RCZ, as for next car most likely the facelift RCZgt. Love this car it drives better than any other car ive had, and looks amazing....love it. :clap:

A

Anonymous

jasjasx said:
Hi Max

Prev car history u ask...well started with a fiesta, then an xr2i fiesta, then my dad built me an ac cobra kit car (that was fun), next was a hyundai coupe, then a bmw 320ci, then a crossfire 3.2 coupe, then a crossfire 3.2 convertible, now a 308 convertible and my favourite my 200gt RCZ, as for next car most likely the facelift RCZgt. Love this car it drives better than any other car ive had, and looks amazing....love it. :clap:

Some seriously nice cars you've owned!! Any pics of that cobra :ugeek:

I'm also a RCZ noob, bought mine 3 months ago and still get excited everytime i drive it!! Absolutely love the way it handles accelerates and sounds!!

RCZ1

Reaction score
MaX83 said:
jasjasx said:
RCZ 1 yes i do have some carpet in my garage keeps it cosy to be in on a day like this....and Ron i like this forum so i will stick around if ok with everyone, but dont tell me off ill get the hang of it sooner or later lol :clap: :clap: :dance:

The only thing you need to know about this forum is that there are 4 or so people you are not allowed to question. Once you figured out how to work around this little clique you will enjoy your stay.

Sorry Max but we really don't need comments like that. As I said before there is a thread in the General Chat to discuss the fuel issues to your heart's content. Jean's newbie thread was being overtaken by this long on going discussion. Otherwise there isn't an issue :)

A

Anonymous

jasjasx said:
Hi Max

That's it Jean. I've tried to be nice to you, but you've gone too far this time. Two cars that I have always liked and you've had them. Hyundai Coupe. Went to test drive it when I was looking for a replacement for my wifes Tigra. We didn't like the seating position......... nigh on horizontal and the Crossfire. I love the look of that car. By the time that I was ready to buy it....... they'd stop making it. So never even got a chance to sit in one

RCZ1

Reaction score
A very impressive list of cars. You obviously like your motors. I very nearly bought a Hyundai Coupe but opted instead for a Vauxhall Tigra as I wanted a convertible at that time. I was in a cycle of going convertible / non convertible / convertible but that's now been broken by my second RCZ ;)

A

Anonymous

RCZ1 said:
MaX83 said:
jasjasx said:
RCZ 1 yes i do have some carpet in my garage keeps it cosy to be in on a day like this....and Ron i like this forum so i will stick around if ok with everyone, but dont tell me off ill get the hang of it sooner or later lol :clap: :clap: :dance:

The only thing you need to know about this forum is that there are 4 or so people you are not allowed to question. Once you figured out how to work around this little clique you will enjoy your stay.

As I said before there is a thread in the General Chat to discuss the fuel issues to your heart's content.)

The Fuel one where you guys are discussing Sat Nav updates? The newbie had an issue with dirty fuel so afaic all my posts were on topic. Advising this new member to put in any gas he likes in his THP 200 will see him back here in a week complaining about his unreliable RCZ. :beer:

RCZ1

Reaction score
MaX83 said:
RCZ1 said:
MaX83 said:
jasjasx said:

As I said before there is a thread in the General Chat to discuss the fuel issues to your heart's content.)

The Fuel one where you guys are discussing Sat Nav updates? The newbie had an issue with dirty fuel so afaic all my posts were on topic. Advising this new member to put in any gas he likes in his THP 200 will see him back here in a week complaining about his unreliable RCZ. :beer:

It won't though will it! I've used "cheaper" fuel for as long as I can remember and not had issues. The member is female too :)

I merely asked one question relating to the Sat Nav update, which someone had mentioned running their engine to do for an hour. Apologies if this caused offence. My initial request to move the fuel chat to General Chat was made politely and was not intended to cause any upset.

A

Anonymous

jasjasx said:
i am a she !!
I am a he :( Okay now that we have cleared that up, can we talk Crossfire. I never saw too many but thought that they were all convertibles? What were they like to drive and own? I do miss the fact I never had the opportunity to get up close a personal with one. :cry:

A

Anonymous

MaX83 said:
jasjasx said:

What was your previous car history like, how did you decide on getting an RCZ and what do you think of your cabby, build quality\performance\consumption\looks etc?

Mad Max RIGHT ENOUGH ...........Calm down mate its just a car :thumbup: The 4 or so people that you have not named...Why mention "the 4 peeps without adding names :eusa-think: .

Max this aint a performance orientated forum nor is the car no matter 154/197 bhp engine variant you chose and also the price OF premium fuel in the uk is very expensive maybe its different in S.A I dont know but take it easy dont get so wound up :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

Hi Ron

The crossfire was a nice motor, there were 3 models as far as im aware, the coupe, the srt roadster and the convertible, all 3.2 engines. I had the coupe first (black one) then the convertible (black one too) the coupe seemed to have a mind of its own and wandered the convertible was like a different car altogether - she was lovely very fast but costly on tyres & £455 road tax and steep insurance. The were really an slk with a different body, a lot of the parts were mercedes. i part exed the soft top for my RCZ and dont regret it for one minute except the crossfire was absolutely mint condition and had only done 9k miles so someone got a bargain!!

A

Anonymous

mrizzle said:
Hmmm... :eusa-think: However, ECUs are programmed in high performance vehicles are designed/programmed to work with "better" fuel. Unless you were to reconfigure the ECU in a non performance vehicle the fact remains that it will be of no benefit to run on premium fuel. No? I'm happy to be corrected if this is not accurate.

Most (but not all) 'normal' cars have a given optimum ignition timing, and when driven with lesser fuel they change the timing (make it more conservative) to avoid engine damage and therefore lose some power. They just do not recognize 'better' fuel.

But, some do recognize it, change the ignition timing and get some more power. That's why Shell started their 100 octane V-Power (or however it is called in your neck of the woods).

But, in real life, the difference is academic because we are talking about 1%-2% differences. Nothing you would notice outside a racing tack.

A

Anonymous

jasjasx said:
Hi Ron

The crossfire was a nice motor, there were 3 models as far as im aware, the coupe, the srt roadster and the convertible, all 3.2 engines. I had the coupe first (black one) then the convertible (black one too) the coupe seemed to have a mind of its own and wandered the convertible was like a different car altogether - she was lovely very fast but costly on tyres & £455 road tax and steep insurance. The were really an slk with a different body, a lot of the parts were mercedes. i part exed the soft top for my RCZ and dont regret it for one minute except the crossfire was absolutely mint condition and had only done 9k miles so someone got a bargain!!
That answers that one then. Chances are due to the high running costs, i'd possibly not have got one even if my timing had been better. I tend to buy a car primarily on looks, then running costs come into it. For me the RCZ was an absolute head turner, cheap to run and a great fun to drive. I'm assuming from a 3.2 Engine the Crossfire was aimed more for the speed seeker and not the cruiser like me.

A

Anonymous

Yes Ron was a motor that was at its best when no cameras around, but with my 3 miles to work and back it was a miracle if it ever touched over 10 mph in the hour it took me to drive there on the crawling A6 every day. Had the most fun with it on Anglesey a proper little speed fiend she was. Nice memories but too expensive all round to run. Much prefer my RCZ (the little beast was naughty tonite took 4 attempts to start her, looks like another trip to the dealers) lol .....when is your motor due to you?

A

Anonymous

I'm not due a new motor. I'm on my 2nd RCZ and I love this car and hopefully, fingers crossed, I will not be changing it any time soon. So pleased that I now realise that I perhaps didn't miss out by not getting to own a Crossfire. I have often wondered "what if" as you do.

A

Anonymous

ah i must be confused lol, this forum boggles my brain everyone seems to be waiting for new ones ....well if you are on your second one then they must be ok, im not letting this starting prob get me down im now frantically saving for the new model but want to wait a while, really fancy the pearl white now....need a change from black, this is my 4th black car lol

A

Anonymous

Pearl White really is a good colour. I've got it and think that with the new Black arches would look suburb. I have got the Champagne arches as Black was not an option then. I know they could be wrapped or sprayed, but as I paid extra for these and they look good (in my eyes at least) then they will stay as they are.

A

Anonymous

Hmm I love the suburban look ......sorry Ron couldn't resist :)

Opal white GT with type 1 matt stripe.