What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Hiya im new to here

A

Anonymous

Hiya

Im Jean i have a sexy black 200 GT, shes a bit poorly though at the mo having probs starting anyone else had this prob? thx
:eek:

A

Anonymous

:text-welcomewave: :happy-wavemulticolor: :text-welcomewave:

Hiya Jean. Welcome to the forum. Never had any problems with my beautuful 2.0 HDi GT

A

Anonymous

Hi Jean and welcome. I've never had any starting problems.

A

Anonymous

jasjasx said:
Hiya

Im Jean i have a sexy black 200 GT, shes a bit poorly though at the mo having probs starting anyone else had this prob? thx
:eek:

Welcome Jean :greetings-wavingblue:

Never had any issues with my Z. She sits on the drive ALL week and always starts first time at the weekend! Maybe a trip to the dealer is required?

Dan.

A

Anonymous

Shes back now and ok, was a dirty fuel problem, god i love her lol x

RCZ1

Reaction score
Glad it wasn't anything too serious.
Enjoy your car oh and if you get chance post up some pics of her/him/it - whatever you call your Z :)

A

Anonymous

i will put some pix on of her (shes called babe lol) i still have a lot of polishing to do though first, im a bit fanatical im afraid i spend hours on her, shes a 2010 model 200 gt just love the black wheels, but cant help being tempted by the new model just out...however with the price of the gt might just wait 6 mths or so. can anyone tell me should the car tell u if it has a puncture/if so on what model?

RCZ1

Reaction score
The tyre pressure sensor is part of the Vision pack (Xenon lights) which is available on the GT models.

Another woman after my own heart. Keep polishing for England gal and look forward to seeing your pics when she's finished :)

A

Anonymous

RCZ1 said:
The tyre pressure sensor is part of the Vision pack (Xenon lights) which is available on the GT models.

Another woman after my own heart. Keep polishing for England gal and look forward to seeing your pics when she's finished :)

Thanku RCZ1 - ill contact the dealers as im sure it must have the vision pack, by the way what polish would you recommend, ive been using all autoglyms range, used them on my other cars in the past.

The red you have ordered will look fantastic thats the colour i would prob choose for a brand new one, or another black, love black - all my other cars have been black however u just never learn by lesson that they are the hardest to keep clean, even though garaged every night and polished ever week lol

RCZ1

Reaction score
jasjasx said:
RCZ1 said:

Thanku RCZ1 - ill contact the dealers as im sure it must have the vision pack, by the way what polish would you recommend, ive been using all autoglyms range, used them on my other cars in the past.

The red you have ordered will look fantastic thats the colour i would prob choose for a brand new one, or another black, love black - all my other cars have been black however u just never learn by lesson that they are the hardest to keep clean, even though garaged every night and polished ever week lol

The easy way to tell f you have the Vision Pack is look to see if you ave these little square things underneath your lights, like in this pic of Opal White's car

Nothing wrong with Autoglym polish - Super Resin Polish is good. If you do want to use something else I would recommend Dodo Lime Prime (can only be bought on line). Depends what you put on top of it ie do you use a wax or a sealant? Lime Prime is quite oily but leaves a lovely wet look to the paint and looks fab on black cars topped with Orange Crush (a Dodo Juice wax) or Victoria Concours wax - all available from Clean Your Car.
http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/wax/dodo- ... d_441.html

Black is hard to keep looking good but when they are newly clean, they look fantastic.

The new red does look very nice so I'm looking forward to getting some polish and wax on it, when she finally arrives :)

A

Anonymous

ahh thanku RCZ1 thats the prob then she doesnt have the vision pack - off to order what you recommend for polish - hey im learning fast thanku, cant wait to see your lovely Moroccan Red she will be beautiful x

A

Anonymous

Hello All

What fuel do you all use, after my dirty fuel prob now im wondering where i should buy it from? thx

A

Anonymous

jasjasx said:
Hello All

What fuel do you all use, after my dirty fuel prob now im wondering where i should buy it from? thx
Oh Jean.

You have opened up an old can of worms with this one. If only you had snook off into the archives quietly seeking solace and answers :roll: But you didn't so here goes............... I would never use supermarket fuel in an RCZ. My thinking it that they are highly tuned pieces of engineering and that tolerances are very tightly controlled in order to achieve the remarkable performance available. Can you imagine Miss World sitting down to a fish & chip dinner each evening? I suspect not.

Petrol in MY opinion comes in several grades. The raw materials are obviously all the same, however the branded fuel will differ as they will instruct the refinery to add various additives prior to loading their tankers. So in other words they have their own recipe and this recipe will vary depending on the country and the time of year. Supermarkets will purchase their supplies that meet all the minimum legal standards in whichever country they are operating. We all know that woman have their favourite recipes for say Yorkshire puddings they are all edible but some are better than others.

Stick to branded fuel, it will cost more at the pump, but I believe that in the long run it is more economical as it will allow your car to run more efficiently and economically. You will get more miles to a tank and have fewer fuel related problems.

A

Anonymous

oops sorry Ron ....as im new i did not know about the archives i consider myself slapped!! lol anyway thanku for your advice - fillet steak now for my RCZ !

A

Anonymous

jasjasx said:
oops sorry Ron ....as im new i did not know about the archives i consider myself slapped!! lol anyway thanku for your advice - fillet steak now for my RCZ !
Jean. Stick around the forum. You will then get in tune with my sense of humour. I don't slap anyone :beer: Just I know the differing views on fuel as the debate has been had a few times now. Apologises if you thought that I was being serious

A

Anonymous

I'm not going to labour my views on this as I have in the past. However, to notice any real benefits you'd have to own a serious performance vehicle to benefit from premium branded fuel. A point proven on Fifth Gear recently with only a Suburu Impreaza WRX STi showing any improvements as a result of using it. A Golf GTI and Renault Clio showed little or no improvement as a result of using premium branded fuel.

Essentially, all fuel is the same apart from a few different addictives and a slightly different RON value in the case of Optimax and the like. The higher RON value will only benefit a performance vehicle which no RCZ is. I use Asda fuel, always have and always will.

Anyway, I'm glad your beauty is back running smoothly and that you have many miles of trouble free motoring. Oh...and welcome to the forum!