What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Hiya im new to here

A

Anonymous

Your "evidence" is riddled with bias. There is no control test, nothing to detail the vehicle that these were tested using etc, no details of how many tests took place to obtain these figures, in fact ultimately they are totally vague. I could make up figures to show you the exact opposite on excel and provide as little actual evidence that my figures were any less accurate.

A

Anonymous

OO58RON said:
mrizzle said:
Look at the manufacturer's recommendations. They do NOT recommend the use of a higher octane fuel. That says it all IMO. This is the optimal fuel recognised and recommended by the manufacturer. To use anything else is pointless. There isn't enough compression to yield better power and this the recognised benefit of premium fuel...NOT improved mileage. Anyway, I'm not going to add any more on the topic. There's a LOT of info on the subject on tinternetsuperhighway.web from unbiased and reputable sources and the majority of it backs my thinking and logic. However, we have to do what we each individually feel is right. It's your money and your car after all.

Rizzzo. Is that not the Scottish inside of you talking? Me thinks you simply don't want to pay for better fuel. Surely up there in petrolsville you must know people that can put you right?

Nope RON, it's just that up here in the oil capital of Europe we know how to spot a con when we see one. :wink::D

A

Anonymous

mrizzle said:
Your "evidence" is riddled with bias. There is no control test, nothing to detail the vehicle that these were tested using etc, no details of how many tests took place to obtain these figures, in fact ultimately they are totally vague. I could make up figures to show you the exact opposite on excel and provide as little actual evidence that my figures were any less accurate.

Ever heard of APR? They do the test on each and every vehicle they modify: http://www.goapr.com/products/ecu_upgrade_20tsi_trans.html

RCZ1

Reaction score
Guys we are ruining Jean's thread here. Sorry Jean :)

Can I suggest if you want to carry this discussion on, then feel free to start the topic in the appropriate section. General Chat might be a good place to start.

A

Anonymous

MaX83 said:
mrizzle said:
Your "evidence" is riddled with bias.

Bias to what?? I am talking out of experience, between me and my bro, we've owner about 7 or 8 THP motors... I dont work for a petrol company i just want to help break the very bad trend on this forum of people throwing in rubbish in their vehicles and then blaming peugeot for building a crap car LOL :greetings-wavingblue:

A

Anonymous

RCZ1 said:

Can I suggest if you want to carry this discussion on, then feel free to start the topic in the appropriate section. General Chat might be a good place to start.

He had an experience with bad fuel on page 1 so this is on topic :beer:

A

Anonymous

RCZ1 said:

Agreed. My sincere apologies Jean. What started out as an attempt to help has perhaps gone the other way. I will make no further comment on your thread. Sorry.

A

Anonymous

mrizzle said:
RCZ1 said:

Agreed. My sincere apologies Jean. What started out as an attempt to help has perhaps gone the other way. I will make no further comment on your thread. Sorry.

So I post proof you ask for and now we are done? LOL!

A

Anonymous

MaX83 said:
mrizzle said:
RCZ1 said:

So I post proof you ask for and now we are done? LOL!

Max, I am not going to be baited to rise to this I am afraid. Back to you Jean.

A

Anonymous

Ok max83 ur right I'm gonna have a coffee and a big bun umum

A

Anonymous

ummm im sorry guys didnt mean to cause all this trouble, like i said im new and dont know the script yet. I will post in the approriate dept next time, however thanku for all your opinions its helped me decide what to do... but in the mean time do you think there will be an RCZ convertible, this is why im not changing mine yet, just in case they make one. Time for a wee smirnoff while i do a bit of polishing methinks lol x :dance:

RCZ1

Reaction score
jasjasx said:
ummm im sorry guys didnt mean to cause all this trouble, like i said im new and dont know the script yet. I will post in the approriate dept next time, however thanku for all your opinions its helped me decide what to do... but in the mean time do you think there will be an RCZ convertible, this is why im not changing mine yet, just in case they make one. Time for a wee smirnoff while i do a bit of polishing methinks lol x :dance:

Jean, it's not your fault things went a bit off track.

No there won't ever be a RCZ Convertible so I would go ahead and order that new car ;)

And what do you mean - polishing in this weather. Are you mad? Lol

A

Anonymous

hell no im polishing in the garage, its the best room in the house, clean, tidy, & warm lol

A

Anonymous

jasjasx said:
Not a chance of a convertible. So you continue to hide safely behind the smoked glass :beer: Stick around Jean, you are what this forum needs. :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

RCZ 1 yes i do have some carpet in my garage keeps it cosy to be in on a day like this....and Ron i like this forum so i will stick around if ok with everyone, but dont tell me off ill get the hang of it sooner or later lol :clap: :clap: :dance:

A

Anonymous

jasjasx said:
RCZ 1 yes i do have some carpet in my garage keeps it cosy to be in on a day like this....and Ron i like this forum so i will stick around if ok with everyone, but dont tell me off ill get the hang of it sooner or later lol :clap: :clap: :dance:
You already have................ you crack me up :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

jasjasx said:

The only thing you need to know about this forum is that there are 4 or so people you are not allowed to question. Once you figured out how to work around this little clique you will enjoy your stay.

What was your previous car history like, how did you decide on getting an RCZ and what do you think of your cabby, build quality\performance\consumption\looks etc?

RCZ1

Reaction score
jasjasx said:

My oh my - a posh RCZ owner :)
Oh how I'd love carpet in my garage. The OH looks at me like I'm from outer space when I've mentioned putting carpet in the garage. Even suggested painting it white inside but just shakes his head. Oh well .... maybe if I win the lottery ;)