What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Help with lights?

A

Anonymous

yea i realize its an acquired taste! :)

One should realize that during the night they are dimmed off course, they will only be on full power during daytime, making the light output the same as any other OEM LED bar on audi's / mercs.

Btw sorry for all the spelling errors in all my post... me writing skills in the english language is not what it should be :)

Grtz Wouter

A

Anonymous

They should look pretty good, post the photos when done mate

hubcaps

Reaction score
Just bought a set of Osram Nightbreaker Unlimited H1s & H7s on Amazon. I'll let you know what there're like after a few chosen swear words fitting them no doubt!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Abzynthe

Reaction score
hubcaps said:
Just bought a set of Osram Nightbreaker Unlimited H1s & H7s on Amazon. I'll let you know what there're like after a few chosen swear words fitting them no doubt!

Ill probably be asking this a lot, but would you mind doing a how to? :)

Tomas_90

Reaction score
I've been thinking of buying these for the Main Beam:

renegade79

Reaction score
Tomas_90 said:
I've been thinking of buying these for the Main Beam:

Tomas, how did you get on with those bulbs? I am interested to see if they are any good. I am looking for an alternative to my OEM ones!

A

Anonymous

Phillips blue vision are purely for aesthetics and shouldn't be used in the winter months as they project a blue beam. They are also not as good as Phillips diamond vision for giving the hid look,as they give off a blue light instead of a white blue light like the diamond vision do

Tomas_90

Reaction score
I haven't actually bought them yet :D But i know some other guys that use them and i also think we have them in our company cars. Atleast there they are brighter than the OEM bulbs.

I had the Philips Diamond Vision Ultra or whatever it was for my Corolla and they were alright there. OF course that was an old car with bad light reflectors so it's hard to tell there.

hubcaps

Reaction score
Well, apart from dropping an H7 into the offside light unit the change went well. Main beam H1s were very easy, but, as I've just mentioned, the H7s were a bit fiddly. Especially the nearside one. VERY impressed with the dipped light output. I can honestly say that the beam is better than the HDIs I had on my Mazda 6 Sport. Broad, even and much brighter than the standard bulbs. Main beam very good, but not quite as bright as I thought they would be. Still bloody good though. Altogether then, a excellent mod to the headlights at a cost of about £37 (from Amazon). Go for it!

Forgot to say that the bulbs are Osram Nightbreaker Unlimited.

I think I've cocked up these couple of posts! Got myself into a bit of a pickle.

A

Anonymous

I have Osram night breakers H1"s in my cornering lights in my focus they're very good indeed extremely bright

Tomas_90

Reaction score
Well i fitted the Philips Blue Vision Ultra main beams today. Not that big of a difference in the real world but it does look a bit better. Here's a little comparison:

Original:

Blue Vision Ultra:

RCZ-Performance

Reaction score
I truly believe something is going on with your electrical system in regards to the lights. Both your LED DRL's and Main Beams are not white like they should be, white is the colour result we and many others have had using the same bulbs.

Tomas_90

Reaction score
RCZ-Performance said:
I truly believe something is going on with your electrical system in regards to the lights. Both your LED DRL's and Main Beams are not white like they should be, white is the colour result we and many others have had using the same bulbs.
Yeah it's weird that.

The LED DRL's are somewhat white, but only when DRL mode is on (Light stalk in Auto). When i switch to just parking lights or whenever the low beams come on (Auto OR otherwise) the LED DRL's decrease to half their strenght and get that yellow-greenish glow that i had pictures of earlier.

RCZ-Performance

Reaction score
Tomas_90 said:
RCZ-Performance said:
Yeah it's weird that.

The LED DRL's are somewhat white, but only when DRL mode is on (Light stalk in Auto). When i switch to just parking lights or whenever the low beams come on (Auto OR otherwise) the LED DRL's decrease to half their strenght and get that yellow-greenish glow that i had pictures of earlier.

Yes weird and the bulbs are okay, it seems to be an electrical thing that is doing this from what I can tell.

The bulbs we have for our main beams are these:

http://shop.rczperformance.com/Philips-Main-Beam-H1-5000K-PDVH1.htm

We have upgraded the dipped beams to these as well:

http://shop.rczperformance.com/Philips-Dipped-Beam-D1S-6000K-HID-85410UB.htm

And yes we have the same 92 LED DRL bulbs you have:

http://shop.rczperformance.com/DRL-P21-5W-92-White-LED-380LED92ULTW-2.htm

And our lights are all white and bright in any setting.

Are there laws regarding lights in Finland that require cars to be modified by the manufacturer?

Tomas_90

Reaction score
I have the 60 LED's but still, same thing :)

No laws that i'm aware of or have ever heard of, so i don't think so.

Eitherway it's near impossible to do anything about any supposed electrical problems with the car. You'd never find them.

Tomas_90

Reaction score
Yes i do.

I'm going in for general service on monday so i could of course mention it to the guys to have a look around just in case.....

RCZ-Performance

Reaction score
Tomas_90 said:
Yes i do.

I'm going in for general service on monday so i could of course mention it to the guys to have a look around just in case.....

I know you bought the 60's from us but the 92's are the recommended ones for vision pack RCZ's. The main reason why RCZ owners do not use the 92's is due to the length of them as they are hard to install in non-vision pack headlight assemblies, but for the vision pack RCZ's they are easy to install.

If you are interested in getting the 92's let me know I might be able to assist you with sorting out something in regards to the 60's. Contact me directly, either PM on here or at [email protected]

Tomas_90

Reaction score
Right. Well i'll leave it until monday atleast. Just in case they would by magic stumble across something they could change or whatever in the computer at the Peugeot service center that fixes things.

I'll let you know.