What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Help with lights?

A

Anonymous

Hi All,

I'm at the stage now where I would like to start upgrading lights, I was slightly misinformed when buying my car so missed out on the vision pack.

Looking for the best possible alternative; I've heard diamond vision getting a few mentions but not sure what to go for.

Looking for the brightest possible legal light and I'll start adding LEDs all round!

My email is [email protected] if anyone feels generous enough to forward any photos of their lighting :oops:

Cheers

John

A

Anonymous

Shame that you was misinformed about the vision pack. I changed my first RCZ for this very reason. I was lead to believe the car had it. Finding that the headlamps were not as good as I was used to (Vauxhall AFL) I had to exchange it for a brand new RCZ WITH the vision pack. I couldn't return to a car without this feature.
There are several forum members that are really into lighting and DRL's so you shall get lots of info. If you do a search you will also find several threads on the subject and also photographs of their efforts.

A

Anonymous

JohnBhoy89 said:
Hi All,

I'm at the stage now where I would like to start upgrading lights, I was slightly misinformed when buying my car so missed out on the vision pack.

Looking for the best possible alternative; I've heard diamond vision getting a few mentions but not sure what to go for.

Looking for the brightest possible legal light and I'll start adding LEDs all round!

My email is [email protected] if anyone feels generous enough to forward any photos of their lighting :oops:

Cheers

John

John theres pics on here of the Diamond lights and also the led side & driving lights.

I've fitted both to my RCZ and they look good.

If you want good advice ask Jassy, he's into all things bright & beautiful. :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

Yes john i can remember you talking about xenon lights on your girlfriends focus or something along them lines on a thread :eusa-think: :eusa-think: and you mistakingly not getting them on your rcz.well if you want the great xenon light effect with even twice as better than standard a rcz vision packed car i would go for a plug and go hid kit i didnt because my car is leased and the kit costs £130 approx this kit is for modern cars with the canbus system that the rcz has and is as easy as pluging new bulbs autobulbs/hids4u are the company's to contact either via site or better still like i did via the phone the rcz has the same headlamps as a 61 plate 308 thats the model designation so far there site goes to with the peugeot models so state this it will give the best hid kit for this is the one

http://www.autobulbsdirect.co.uk/H7-HID ... on-Kit.htm along side these

http://www.hids4u.co.uk/380-Ultimate-Ca ... -Bulb.html

or you can go for the phillips 100% extreme vision bulbs which are excellent all year round and give off 100% more light than standard oem bulbs you have just now in the rcz and are legal

or go for the h7 phillips diamond vision bulbs they give off a real genuine hid/xenon stylistic effect light but are not really good in the winter time as they project a blue light which does not reflect that well on grit laden roads or on dark rainy nights.

i would go for the hid plug and play kit if i owned my rcz

renegade79

Reaction score
I just fitted Philips diamond vision h1's in my main beam and it was raining out tonight!! Oh my god, I'd have been better off with a couple of candles up front! They really are hopeless in wet weather!! Are they any better in the dry?

A

Anonymous

They're great in the dry but utterly useless on wet, frosty or snowy conditions. I'm currently sticking with my X-treme visions which produce great light coverage in all conditions but are a good bit more yellow. I am, however, tempted to try the Osram Nightbreakers instead though.

renegade79

Reaction score
Hmmm, let me know how you get on with that!!! Might do the same myself. I cannot be bothered to do HiD's on main beam so I'd like to stick to the best halogens available.

A

Anonymous

I think the HID is more hassle than it's worth due to their problems come the time of an MOT etc. I know that some probably disagree but I'm like you and prefer the best bulbs available. I'll update you when I've tried them.

A

Anonymous

Matt l have just received my H1 bulbs for the cornering lights on the focus ,and they are osram night breakers with 90% extra light so they say will be fitting them this weekend, so l Will give ya my opinion.

RCZ1

Reaction score
I've just fitted Diamond Vision bulbs. Yes I know Mr Rizz. You told me not too but I had to try them.

I had fitted the Osram Nightbreakers Plus bulbs that Jassy has just bought and to be honest they did not look any different to the OEM bulbs for yellow ness BUT they do cast a very bright light, far in front of you.

The DRLs on the new RCZ are very white and the Osrams just did not match them for whiteness. The Diamond Vision now look a perfect match.

I may change them back to the Osrams in the winter but for now I will see how they go.

Blog: http://rczandme.wordpress.com/

A

Anonymous

Donno much about upgrading your main beam lights since i have the lightpack, however i've tryed the LED for the DRL's and am currently working on upgrading all my interior lights / rear / license plate. already upgraded the lights in the foot area to LED's, loving that look at night! I'm even thinking of replacing the standard footlight for some kind of system that gives more light there, maybe an LED bar or some kind of LED dome light bar. loving the effect of the light falling down into the foot area there :).

Also, im gonna install the philips LED Guide DRL system this weekend instead of the factory DRL. i dont like the 1 bulb/LED DRL look tbh.

Ill post pictures and an how-to guide after the weekend.

Regards Wouter

renegade79

Reaction score
Also, im gonna install the philips LED Guide DRL system this weekend instead of the factory DRL. i dont like the 1 bulb/LED DRL look tbh.

Regards Wouter[/quote]

What's that?

A

Anonymous

renegade79 said:

Regards Wouter

What's that?[/quote]
its a overly expensive kit with blocks of 5,6,8 leds the more leds the more expensive the kit, you fit in the grill on either side...........it does look after market but at the same more effective than drl/side light bulbs :eusa-think:

A

Anonymous

RCZ1 said:
I've just fitted Diamond Vision bulbs. Yes I know Mr Rizz. You told me not too but I had to try them.

I had fitted the Osram Nightbreakers Plus bulbs that Jassy has just bought and to be honest they did not look any different to the OEM bulbs for yellow ness BUT they do cast a very bright light, far in front of you.

The DRLs on the new RCZ are very white and the Osrams just did not match them for whiteness. The Diamond Vision now look a perfect match.

I may change them back to the Osrams in the winter but for now I will see how they go.

Blog: http://rczandme.wordpress.com/

K......... :thumbup: The osrams i have are xenon effect bulbs these are just for my cornering lights...ie light up when you turn a corner........... :lol: I thought i would gives these a go as the diamond visions are for....... JUST AESTHETIC bloody look God Damn Sexual...................

Are these the bulbs you had K :eusa-think:

Attachments

• osram night breaker plus.jpg
    osram night breaker plus.jpg
    132.8 KB · Views: 4,073

RCZ1

Reaction score
These are the Osram bulbs I got - H7 as opposed to H1 in your picture.
http://www.powerbulbs.com/product/osram ... -two-bulbs

I ummed and arrd for ages before buying them as the reviews were good but a lot of people said they did not last very long, so I bought 2 packs, as you do ;). However, there wasn't much difference in the yellow colour from the OEM bulbs but they DO certainly cast a good light far and wide.

The Diamond Visions do look great and are an excellent match for the new DRLs. My hubby did a leap of joy when I told him that he wouldn't have to change the bulbs again as I was pleased with the match :)

A

Anonymous

K had fitted the dipped beams with the Nightbreakers dude. Those were what I was going to try. The X-Tremes are too yellow for my liking. The Diamond Visions are rather "sexual" :lol::lol: in appearance but rather deficient in some conditions. I pulled them ahead of winter and, to be honest, don't think I'll refit them. Be interested to hear your experiences with your cornering lights and to hear from anyone that has used the dipped beam bulbs

As for the LED kit from Phillips, I just can't see how that will work/fit with the curve of the headlight unit. I'll be interested to hear and see how you get on Wouter. It's pretty pricey.

A

Anonymous

mrizzle said:
K had fitted the dipped beams with the Nightbreakers dude. Those were what I was going to try. The X-Tremes are too yellow for my liking. The Diamond Visions are rather "sexual" :lol::lol: in appearance but rather deficient in some conditions. I pulled them ahead of winter and, to be honest, don't think I'll refit them. Be interested to hear your experiences with your cornering lights and to hear from anyone that has used the dipped beam bulbs

As for the LED kit from Phillips, I just can't see how that will work/fit with the curve of the headlight unit. I'll be interested to hear and see how you get on Wouter. It's pretty pricey.

Matt the Phillips kit FITS into the grill......... kinda like the new "BUMPERED RCZ".............. :lol:

"DEFFICIENT" AKA naff...............LIKEY THAT. educated WURD............goose........... :lol: :lol:

renegade79

Reaction score
The Philips diamond vision H1's look good aesthically speaking but are hopeless as a main beam in all driving conditions! To me a main beam has to be blinding and these are not! I wouldn't recommend them!! I installed them 4 days ago and I'll be taking them out and looking for something else. Might try those osram nitebreakers...

A

Anonymous

jassyo06 said:
its a overly expensive kit with blocks of 5,6,8 leds the more leds the more expensive the kit, you fit in the grill on either side...........it does look after market but at the same more effective than drl/side light bulbs :eusa-think:

Agreed on the overly expensive kit.. standard price for mine (wich aren't seperate leds, but a LED bar like the newer audi's / mercs have) is 175 euro's. I got the luck that a mate of mine works at an LED store, so im getting it for alot cheaper :twisted:

ill install it below the bar were the parking censors are installed... offcours it will have an LED bar on a place where it isnt standard (from the factory) but the kit is this pricy becous of the build quality / sensor kit provided with it.

It provides 2 dummy bulbs for the factory DRL, so the car doesnt notise the diff, it has an sensor unit provided, which measures the voltage on the batt. This way, when the xenon comes on, the LED bar will dim same way the DRL would normally.

Its supposed to be easy to install, but ill have more information on that after the weekend :)

FYI:

Philips LED 4, very bright, doesnt dim but switches of when xenon comes on (of low/high beam) around 450cd.
Philips LED 5, oldest of the bunch, first kit they released, upgraded the LEDs since release, doesnt dim. ???? cd
Philips LED 8, expensive and the latest seperate LED kit, most light output of them all, dims when xenons comes on. 1000cd!
Philips LED Guide, expensive but no seperate LEDs, almost as much light output as the LED 8, dims when xenon comes on, better view from the sides then the seperate LED systems. 650cd

For all: way better light output then the single DRL LED bulbs which are around 100 cd i recon...

to put that 1000cd number in perspective, pictures below are the LED 4, 450cd installed on an members car from HIDplanet:

Attachments

• DRL_Guide.jpg
    DRL_Guide.jpg
    134 KB · Views: 4,013
  • IMG_1257_zps3e0a54aa.jpg
    IMG_1257_zps3e0a54aa.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 4,013
  • IMG_1256_zps193faacc.jpg
    IMG_1256_zps193faacc.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 4,013