What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Heated seats.

A

Anonymous

Re: Heated seats.

TomC said:
I don't know if that's philosophical at all...my Audi knows very well if or if not someone's sitting there ( and alerts you if the person isn't belted), so technically it would be easy to couple this information with the seat-heating control.

I wouldn't be surprised when a car maker would implement this, because it could also save some fuel.
It's not just Audi the RCZ will also bong if it detects a seat in use and a belt not in place.

A

Anonymous

Yea but also bongs when my dog sits in the middle very annoying

A

Anonymous

bigmac3161 said:
Yea but also bongs when my dog sits in the middle very annoying
Or the wife puts her handbag on the rear seat :lol:

A

Anonymous

OO58RON said:

Are you kidding or do the rear-almost-seats also have this?

A

Anonymous

Just driven with setting on number 1. At destination setting had moved to 0. No interference from me. Jobs a goodun. ;-)

RCZ GT HDI MK2 OPAL WHITE

A

Anonymous

TomC said:
OO58RON said:

Are you kidding or do the rear-almost-seats also have this?
That's a great description. :)

A

Anonymous

I've had mine going on 1 from i finished work yesterday morning. It's now 3:41am on my dinner break and its still on 1 warming me. So mine ain't switching its self of. Go figure.

A

Anonymous

Well it's official. Robins and Day have just tweeted me. The switch does not move. I have no explanation for my rotating switches. Other than I have a beta test version lol ;-)

A

Anonymous

Seamusoh2 said:
Well it's official. Robins and Day have just tweeted me. The switch does not move. I have no explanation for my rotating switches. Other than I have a beta test version lol ;-)

Actually now having read your original problem (I hadn't before :p) I can tell you I have the same problem.

In my eyes it's either a bad switch, with a spring or something, or I knock it on the way out.

A

Anonymous

JWT said:
Seamusoh2 said:

Actually now having read your original problem (I hadn't before :p) I can tell you I have the same problem.

In my eyes it's either a bad switch, with a spring or something, or I knock it on the way out.
Got to be honest. I like the idea it's a feature of the RCZ. I can now add that to my list of things I love about it ;-)

A

Anonymous

Seamusoh2 said:
JWT said:
Seamusoh2 said:

Got to be honest. I like the idea it's a feature of the RCZ. I can now add that to my list of things I love about it ;-)

I originally thought it might be timed to switch off once your bum is warm enough! We should stick to that thinking ;)

A

Anonymous

Heated seats.

JWT said:
Seamusoh2 said:
JWT said:
Seamusoh2 said:

I originally thought it might be timed to switch off once your bum is warm enough! We should stick to that thinking ;)
I wonder if I have a large vindaloo and five pints the night before. It'll switch off sooner? ;-)

tianorth

Reaction score

One summers morning got in and drove away after a short distance I got the sensation of being cooked. Very quickly looked around and found the switch had switched itself on. In car park at work I tried to figure how it was switched on, nothing seemed to work until I treid putting seat belt on as normal. As the belt tightened it pulled my jacket over the switch and moved it, I also found it moved the switch when I took the seat belt off and returned the seat belt (rather than just letting it go). So it might be clothing thats moving the switch.

A

Anonymous

mrizzle said:
Well just to set the cat amongst the pigeons, mine does neither. It stays at whatever i set it to until I change it.

RCZ1, how does one manually heat up ones behind?! :lol::lol:

If you need to ask .....you can't afford it. :lol:

If in doubt about your own individual car,try setting the passenger side ,drive it without passenger.Check it when you finish your trip,it may have already gone back to 0 de to a cut-off once certain temperature reached.

If not on 0 switch off ignition and visually check it before your next use of the car.Whatever it read,you will have your answer. :p

A

Anonymous

Hi, jr here. I am s short stocky type. I have noticed that when getting out onto a high curb ( appearing to be in an upright but phoetal position) that my rear end rubs the heated seat switch. It moves rather easily to the touch with hardly any resistance.
Rcz gt 200