What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Heated seats.

A

Anonymous

Re: Heated seats.

Seamusoh2 said:
Someone should email Peugeot. :)

I'm used to have the seat-heating controls sitting near the heater/AC control (where it IMO belongs) in the middle console of the car, so my VERY first question to the dealer was why the hell are they putting the controls down THERE?.

He didn't have an answer, but guessed that it's less expensive to do it this way :thumbdown:

A

Anonymous

jactac said:
Peugeot , contacted me and asked if I could find 2 more volunteers to test their seats, so here's me, Rizzo and Jassy warming up for the challenge. :lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: you are some boy Jactac! :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

jactac said:
Peugeot , contacted me and asked if I could find 2 more volunteers to test their seats, so here's me, Rizzo and Jassy warming up for the challenge. :lol: :lol: :lol:
:) :) :) absolutely ace!!!!!

RCZ GT HDI MK2 OPAL WHITE

A

Anonymous

Mine return to 0 when I get out!

Ie , I get in and turn everything on , get out to spray de icer , or say goodbye to the kids and when I come back its at 0.

hanswuk

Reaction score

I put my seat on heat setting 1 this morning, drove to work and parked up. Just been back to look at it and it's still on heat setting 1.

This is the third Peugeot I've had with heated seats (all with identical looking control wheels) and as far as I can remember none of them have ever moved on their own.

A

Anonymous

Honestly mine has definitely gone back to zero.
It seems to happen if the setting is on highest.
It has even happened whilst driving. :?

A

Anonymous

mrizzle said:
jactac said:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: you are some boy Jactac! :thumbup:

If you've got it, flaunt son. :dance:
And the Amigos got it in bucket fulls....... :lol: :lol: :lol:

A

Anonymous

Mine do not move. I set driver and passenger to 3 yesterday. Been in out of car for last 2 days and both still set to 3. No one has been in passenger seat. I have had it happen to me before but I'm sure I catch it getting out of car.

A

Anonymous

If you look closely at the toggle wheel it can be moved very easily, no sort of notches as you move it, so maybe it is getting moved as we get in and out, I dont think it will take a lot to slightly move it without noticing . :eusa-think:

A

Anonymous

Emailed Peugeot UK this morning. They say this

"Thank you for your recent enquiry made via the Peugeot website.

Technical queries of this sort are answered best by the dealerships only as they are specifically trained on such matters. They would be able to clarify it for you quickly and may we suggest that you contact the your selling dealership straightaway"

Anyone know any friendly dealers? :)

A

Anonymous

Grantp said:
Mine do not move. I set driver and passenger to 3 yesterday. Been in out of car for last 2 days and both still set to 3. No one has been in passenger seat. I have had it happen to me before but I'm sure I catch it getting out of car.

Okay, I already plan to fix it with this:

Should match the black seats nicely :D

A

Anonymous

jactac said:
If you look closely at the toggle wheel it can be moved very easily, no sort of notches as you move it, so maybe it is getting moved as we get in and out, I dont think it will take a lot to slightly move it without noticing . :eusa-think:
Have to say my switches definitely have notches. They aren't easily moved accidentally. The mystery continues. :-(

hanswuk

Reaction score

hanswuk said:
I put my seat on heat setting 1 this morning, drove to work and parked up. Just been back to look at it and it's still on heat setting 1.

This is the third Peugeot I've had with heated seats (all with identical looking control wheels) and as far as I can remember none of them have ever moved on their own.

My brain hurts! When I got back into the car this evening the wheel was almost back to 0 - not quite but almost. I'm sure I didn't touch it getting in. Mine has definite clicks as well. I'll keep experimenting until I'm sure one way or the other. :wtf: :wtf: :wtf:

A

Anonymous

Just a thought but is this hsppening when the seat is moved forward/back for different drivers. :eusa-think:
I have had the switch move to a different setting and like others say it's baffling. :crazy:

A

Anonymous

Right...so just a thought, would it not maybe worth someone just turning the seat on on the passenger side when there is nobody to be occupying it and see whether it is haunted or not? Mine isn't haunted and it doesn't turn off unless I do it.

A

Anonymous

mrizzle said:
Right...so just a thought, would it not maybe worth someone just turning the seat on on the passenger side when there is nobody to be occupying it and see whether it is haunted or not? Mine isn't haunted and it doesn't turn off unless I do it.

I did this on Sunday and as of today passenger dial has remained on 3.

A

Anonymous

mrizzle said:
Does the passenger seat actually heat up when no one is sat in it? :)

A

Anonymous

Seamusoh2 said:
mrizzle said:

Feeling philosophical this evening are we?

A

Anonymous

mrizzle said:
Seamusoh2 said:

Feeling philosophical this evening are we?

I don't know if that's philosophical at all...my Audi knows very well if or if not someone's sitting there ( and alerts you if the person isn't belted), so technically it would be easy to couple this information with the seat-heating control.

I wouldn't be surprised when a car maker would implement this, because it could also save some fuel.