What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Heated seats.

RCZ1

Reaction score
Re: Heated seats.

mrizzle said:
RCZ1, how does one manually heat up ones behind?! :lol::lol:

I have to sit on the radiator for 10 minutes before I got out on those cold mornings :lol:

A

Anonymous

Well mine definitely return to zero and like Ron I can't see any possible way I catch the dial every time I get out of the car.
I will test today without getting in the car and see what happens.

Opal white GT with type 1 matt stripe.

A

Anonymous

gadgetpuk said:
Well mine definitely return to zero and like Ron I can't see any possible way I catch the dial every time I get out of the car.
I will test today without getting in the car and see what happens.

Good man! We will await the definitive results ;-)

RCZ GT HDI MK2 OPAL WHITE

A

Anonymous

Right tested em today
Opened the door started the engine
Switched heated seat to level 3
Closed the door
Waited a few minutes
Opened door switched engine off
Closed door and locked car
Unlocked car and opened door

Heated seat still set on 3
So didn't reset as originally thought.

Investigated further and I can only conclude that somehow my leg rolls the dial back as I exit the vehicle hmmm

A

Anonymous

Well that solves that then. I knew mine didn't reset and just wondered whose seat control was possessed.

A

Anonymous

gadgetpuk said:
Right tested em today
Closed the door
Waited a few minutes

Investigated further and I can only conclude that somehow my leg rolls the dial back as I exit the vehicle hmmm

See I told you :D :D I couldn't understand at first why mine went from zero to position 2 even the dealer couldn't work what was going, it was only by chance that we found it was being moved by leg movement getting in and out each time.

A

Anonymous

gadgetpuk said:
Right tested em today
Closed the door
Waited a few minutes

Is there a thermostat though? You didn't use your car or allow the heating element to work. Test is therefore inconclusive :lol: I find it hard to believe that I catch it each and every time after use but not when it's not in use.

A

Anonymous

Maybe you just have better built legs than you give yourself credit for RON? (That or you have less control of your limbs than you thought...? ;) )

A

Anonymous

Seamusoh2 said:
merchant seaman said:
No it doesn't, you have to move it !

But what had me going crazy for awhile was when I did set it to zero, when I next got into the car, I found the seat warming up and the dial had moved to position 2, I worked out that each time I got in and out of the car my leg was catching on the dial so turning it back on again :wtf:
The adjustment actually takes place whilst I'm moving. I thought it was me originally but it defo moves back to zero. Maybe the facelift version comes with added poltergeists! Your car looks ace by the way. :)

Spooky. I've noticed the same thing. Thought it was my imagination. :?

A

Anonymous

My experience has been that if I have been using the heated seat the next time I get in it has generally been turned lower not saying to which setting, but definately lower ie been moved anticlock wise. If I haven't had it on then it never gets moved to the on position. I have put this down to when getting out of car my leg/thigh must catch the switch and as the movement of my leg getting out of car is left to right (anticlock wise) I must inadvertantly turn the heater off/down. When getting in to car I come nowhere near the switch so it never get's switched on. I hope what I am trying to say makes sence.

A

Anonymous

I'm going out in mine today I will try again this time when I get out I will get out carefully watching that I don't catch the switch and hopefully this will be conclusive.

I have to admit that every time I get in the seats are off including the passenger side, it was my OH that first noticed it switches itself back to zero.

A

Anonymous

This is sounding better. Maybe I'm not losing it after all. Someone should email Peugeot. :)

A

Anonymous

So I went out seats switched on to 3 arrives at b&q got out carefully
Came back to car after stroll around b&q 1hr
Went to car seat still set at 3 drove to loading area filled boot with laminate flooring
Got back into car seat still set at 3
Drove home unloaded car
Seat still set at 3
Got back in car to park at back of house gets out seat set at 1 wtf.

RCZ1

Reaction score

I can only conclude that you are catching the switch with your leg unbeknown to you all as you get in and out.

A

Anonymous

RCZ1 said:
I can only conclude that you are catching the switch with your leg unbeknown to you all as you get in and out.

I thought this as-well, but I noticed that mine actually lowered the setting whilst driving, I do know that I need to lose a pound or two, but there's no way may a*rse hangs over the side of the seat and rubs against the toggle switch.

Attachments

• images.jpg
    images.jpg
    8.6 KB · Views: 3,304
A

Anonymous

Peugeot , contacted me and asked if I could find 2 more volunteers to test their seats, so here's me, Rizzo and Jassy warming up for the challenge. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Attachments

• images (1).jpg
    images (1).jpg
    7.5 KB · Views: 3,303

RCZ1

Reaction score

jactac said:
Peugeot , contacted me and asked if I could find 2 more volunteers to test their seats, so here's me, Rizzo and Jassy warming up for the challenge. :lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol: :lol: the one in the middle looks like Jassy ;)

A

Anonymous

That' s because it is............. :lol:
I'm the one with the 6 pack......... It's a 6 pack of Bow on the floor out of view :lol: :lol: :lol:

The 3 Amigos :cool: