What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Guide to scratch free washing

A

Anonymous

Hi - just put a link to this from the RCZ Facebook page as it's an epic article and very helpful! Thanks 'Figo' for a great guide!

Liz ;-)

A

Anonymous

Possibly a silly question from a novice (but I want to make sure I do it right when the new car arrives)...

Assuming I have recently applied a sealant like gtechniq c2, which is supposed to last upto 9 months, is the normal cleaning process simply just shampoo, rinse and dry? then 9 or so months later do another application of c2?

I have never used a sealent before so it has always been a case of wash and wax afterwards... (probably done very wrong from what I am learning here!!!)

A

Anonymous

johnw said:
Possibly a silly question from a novice (but I want to make sure I do it right when the new car arrives)...

Assuming I have recently applied a sealant like gtechniq c2, which is supposed to last upto 9 months, is the normal cleaning process simply just shampoo, rinse and dry? then 9 or so months later do another application of c2?

I have never used a sealent before so it has always been a case of wash and wax afterwards... (probably done very wrong from what I am learning here!!!)

Hi johnw, I think that you'll find RCZ1's wonderful thread very helpful:

viewtopic.php?t=5286#pGuide to Full Detail / Maintenance Washes

She will be better able to advise you on Gtechniq products than myself as shes is, by her own admission, addicted to Gtechniq products. I think bigmac is akso a devotee so he may be able to give you a better insight too. My understanding is that they are very long lasting but I don't use them myself. Different products have differing periods of effectiveness and this is to some extent variable depending on environmental conditions. You wilk nw able to guage it for yourself as you will swiftly become aware of when the sealant is losing its effectiveness. Anyway, hopefully the thread I have provided will help with your new care routine. I think RCZ1 plans on updating it soon. She opened my eyes with this thread too and I have begun to develop a love of detailing and experimenting with various products...be warned its addictive and costly!

A

Anonymous

Thanks - I had read that but just spotted that I missed the bit that said to 'omit steps 7, 8 and 9 for maintenance washes'...

Cheers!

RCZ1

Reaction score
johnw said:

That is basically it, yes. You can dilute C2 and use it as quick Detailer every 3 washes or so for extra gloss. When it starts to fail after 7-8 months, decontaminate the car from tar and industrial contaminants, reapply the C2 and away you go for another 7-9 months :)