What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Guide to scratch free washing

A

Anonymous

a pressure jet washer say a good KARCHER/snowfoam lance and bilt hamber snow foam or even better ultimate snow for winter months as its slightly caustic add some shampoo to the mixture and you have no paint contact what so ever a wash mitt will leave swirls not as bad as a sponge does but it will

RCZ1

Reaction score
^^^ Snowfoam does not completely clean the car. Leaves it about 90% clean. There is no guaranteed 100% swirl free washing technique - but you can lower the chances of it happening, if you follow correct washing AND drying procedures and use the best quality mitts and microfibre towels that you can. Some microfibre cloths leave swirl marks so you have to be very, very careful and always try to pat dry rather than dragging the cloth over the car.

Hatman

Reaction score
Microfibre Cloths - Clean or throw away?

I put mine in washing machine, came up like new.

RCZ1

Reaction score
Hatman said:
Microfibre Cloths - Clean or throw away?

I put mine in washing machine, came up like new.

You can clean them in the washing machine no problems. Just don't use powder use liquid and DON'T use fabric conditioner - it will stop the drying cloths from absorbing the water.

A

Anonymous

This is a subject that has caused an "ask RCZ1 moment" as I purchased my first 5L of snow foam, which I am currently using. However I am not at all sure why. It does not appear to do a damn thing. RCZ1 has just said it will get the car 90% clean. Well mine does no such thing. In fact I applied it three times on my last wash as my car was caked it mud and I was terrified on inflicting scratches upon Pearl2. Today she is in a similar state and the snow foam has done nothing at all. I am using PowerSystem by VALETPRO pH Neutral Snow Foam. I have had this product probably a couple of months now, and today I noticed that it had a layer of very white (guessing here) liquid or is it powder with a layer of much clearer substance on top of that. I agitated it and it foamed up in the container. Is it past it.s sell by date? Even if it is it never did clean the car :thumbup:

RCZ1

Reaction score
Ron - I don't know what the white liquid layer is. Did you shake it to combine the solution together - always a good idea :thumbup:

Now I can't recall if I've posted this on here before or Detailing World but to me there are two distinct types of snow foams. One, like yours, for summer cleaning ie not much dirt to remove and there is the more powerful snow foam for winter cleaning - extremely dirty cars. I use Chemical Guys No Touch Snow Foam and Autobrite also do one - which I class as winter snow foam. These cling for much longer - 20 minutes or more and therefore loosen / remove dirt so much better. These do leave the car 90% clean but with white cars - any dirt remaining is more noticeable.

The "ordinary" snow foams may not necessarily remove the dirt but they loosen it up and make cleaner so much easier. If you didn't snow foam you would be rubbing at the dirt whereas you should be able just to wipe over the paintwork and any remaining coloured dirt will be gone.

The other thing to remember with snow foam is that the rinsing off is extremely important. This should be used as part of the cleaning process. Its not just about rinsing the foam off - you should spend about 10 minutes jet washing the car to removing the foam AND clean the car - dirt will be softened enought to be be removed by power washing.

Don't be disheartened - you are doing your car the world of good :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

OO58RON said:
This is a subject that has caused an "ask RCZ1 moment" as I purchased my first 5L of snow foam, which I am currently using. However I am not at all sure why. It does not appear to do a damn thing. RCZ1 has just said it will get the car 90% clean. Well mine does no such thing. In fact I applied it three times on my last wash as my car was caked it mud and I was terrified on inflicting scratches upon Pearl2. Today she is in a similar state and the snow foam has done nothing at all. I am using PowerSystem by VALETPRO pH Neutral Snow Foam. I have had this product probably a couple of months now, and today I noticed that it had a layer of very white (guessing here) liquid or is it powder with a layer of much clearer substance on top of that. I agitated it and it foamed up in the container. Is it past it.s sell by date? Even if it is it never did clean the car :thumbup:

alright elton :thumbup: in winter months use ultimate snowfoam it has a higher cleaning strength than others because its slightly caustic in the ph department keep the one you have for summer months.end of lesson ;)

A

Anonymous

[Meguiars #62 Bodywork Shampoo & Conditioner (my favourite)
Meguiars Gold Class Bodywork Shampoo & Conditioner
Meguiars Hyper Wash (awsome dilution ratio of 400:1 - lasts ages!)
Poorboys Super Slick & Suds
Pinnacle Bodywork Shampoo & Conditioner
Einszett Perls

Figo,

Can you suggest where I may find some of these products? I, like you, am in Aberdeen and had a scan at polishedbliss.co.uk (located in Kemnay) but cannot find the meguiars products that you suggest, only the poorboys slick and suds.

Any help/advice would be MUCH appreciated!!

Cheers... :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

I get all mine off ebay. You can find the odd bits and pieces in halfords but they're usually a couple quid more expensive.

RCZ1

Reaction score
mrizzle said:
Einszett Perls

Figo,

Can you suggest where I may find some of these products? I, like you, am in Aberdeen and had a scan at polishedbliss.co.uk (located in Kemnay) but cannot find the meguiars products that you suggest, only the poorboys slick and suds.

Also try www.cleanyourcar.co.uk

They will stock the Meguiars products and Poorboys.

Can I also recommend Chemical Guys Citrus Wash and Gloss shampoo. A capful in a bucket is all you need and it lasts forever and cleans really well.

A

Anonymous

RCZ1 said:
mrizzle said:
Einszett Perls

Figo,

Also try http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk

They will stock the Meguiars products and Poorboys.

Can I also recommend Chemical Guys Citrus Wash and Gloss shampoo. A capful in a bucket is all you need and it lasts forever and cleans really well.

Thanks RCZ1. All suggestions by you are welcome and helpful. I think i might give that Chemical Guys one a bash.

Thanks again!!

RCZ1

Reaction score
No probs mrizzle :thumbup: Just ask 0058RON how good it is. He has 10 bottles, which will probably outlast him :D

A

Anonymous

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I've ordered a gallon bottle of the stuff so hopefully that'll keep me going for some time!!

A

Anonymous

RCZ1 said:
No probs mrizzle :thumbup: Just ask 0058RON how good it is. He has 10 bottles, which will probably outlast him :D
Ye but you'd be at my funeral though wouldn't you. Jackie would let you loose in the shed afterwards, so you could scavenge the remaining bottles :beer:

RCZ1

Reaction score
OO58RON said:
RCZ1 said:
Ye but you'd be at my funeral though wouldn't you. Jackie would let you loose in the shed afterwards, so you could scavenge the remaining bottles :beer:

I'm not saying anything on the grounds that it might incriminate me :eusa-whistle:

A

Anonymous

Good stuff! Now need to watch the wash boys as I send my cars to a local car wash! All the advice given have been helpful. Thanks a lot!