What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Front bumper stone chips

A

Anonymous

Update: The dealership have agreed to respray the bumper. The salesman who sold the car is adamant it wasn't like that when they brought the car in, and is laying the blame on the previous owner. Which I suppose is fair enough, as it could well have been.

He did say he's never seen a bumper like it, he was shocked how bad it was when he saw it. Imagine how shocked I was mate when all the paint was coming off as I was washing it!!

A

Anonymous

Willfox1983 said:
Update: The dealership have agreed to respray the bumper. The salesman who sold the car is adamant it wasn't like that when they brought the car in, and is laying the blame on the previous owner. Which I suppose is fair enough, as it could well have been.

He did say he's never seen a bumper like it, he was shocked how bad it was when he saw it. Imagine how shocked I was mate when all the paint was coming off as I was washing it!!
I always say that a fault is not a problem if it is resolved. I believe that this issue has been resolved in the best way that was possible under the circumstances :clap: They could have tried to lay the blame on you and your power washer, they could have said bought and sold. So for them to take the hit (so to speak) when they too have been hoodwinked is very fair of them :thumbup: Well done that dealership :clap:

A

Anonymous

great news mate happy for ya :thumbup:but please check the bonnet for exceess laquer and also the roof this will feel slightly rough to touch as this constantly happens in sub standard quicky resprays

But ron "a fault is a problem" as it can cause the owner a lot of hassle ie... trips to dealer's ie more fuel, time off work, paying for courtesy car insurance,having steel toe capped mechanic's boot mark your door bins.........etc,etc, whether it's resolved or not to your liking :eusa-think:

A

Anonymous

jassyo06 said:
But ron "a fault is a problem" as it can cause the owner a lot of hassle ie... trips to dealer's ie more fuel, time off work, paying for courtesy car insurance,having steel toe capped mechanic's boot mark your door bins.........etc,etc, whether it's resolved or not to your liking :eusa-think:
We shall just have to agree to disagree on that one jassy. When I was a sales manager (many moons ago) I used to remind my sales force on a regular basis, that a complaint is an opportunity to convert a customer into a regular customer. All they need to do to achieve this is to handle their complaint and leave the customer happy :clap:

RCZ1

Reaction score
Willfox1983 said:

That's good news. Hopefully they will do a good job of it this time ;)

A

Anonymous

They failed to fix every single one of the other problems though (squeaky seat, squeaky windows and juddering steering wheel), so the bar stewards at the dealership aren't out of the woods yet!

A

Anonymous

Advice from the other side of the pond :beer:

Fine stonechips like that usually indicate poor quality and usually non OEM paint. Once you have your bumper fixed consider wrapping the front of the car in a clear vinyl. I got the following product on my RCZ to protect against chips:

http://www.vpsprotection.co.za/Homepage/homepage.html

If the vinyl get damaged it peels off and you can just replace it. Will post pics of how it looks on my car. You cant really see it which is perfect :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

MaX83 said:
Advice from the other side of the pond :beer:

Fine stonechips like that usually indicate poor quality and usually non OEM paint. Once you have your bumper fixed consider wrapping the front of the car in a clear vinyl. I got the following product on my RCZ to protect against chips:

http://www.vpsprotection.co.za/Homepage/homepage.html

If the vinyl get damaged it peels off and you can just replace it. Will post pics of how it looks on my car. You cant really see it which is perfect :thumbup:

Ace idea Max, sounds like your car is going to be treated very well :wink:

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

A

Anonymous

Yeah, she is going to be pampered like my baby!

Here is a pic of the car with the VPS fitted. You cant even see there is film on the front. Will post a close-up this weekend:

Just a note, this is a special vinyl that is slightly thicker and more robust than normal specifically designed for paint protection. If you considering the wrap just ask the guys for decent 3M products and not thin rubbish.

A

Anonymous

As promised, a frontal shot of the car with the vinyl. You cant really see the vinyl and the clear vinyl gloss finish resembles the gloss of normal polished paint. Vinyl is on the entire front bumper, fogs and headlamps.