What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Front bumper stone chips

A

Anonymous

Had the car 3 weeks and I swear, the front bumper is so badly stone-chipped, it needs a respray. It's awful. It almost looks like it has been splashed with white paint. Against the amber red paintwork, it looks truly shocking. I haven't been too close behind other cars or behind a gritter or anything.

Has anybody had any issues with thin/fragile paintwork on their RCZ?

This is the third or fourth issue I've posted about recently, I've got over the honeymoon period and I'm getting a bit fed up of my RCZ already if I'm honest :-/

A

Anonymous

My Pearl White has done just over 18K miles in 16months and has 1 stone chip

A

Anonymous

I think that RCZ1 said that the paintwork on the RCZ is quite thin in (in some places). I think that stone chips are an unavoidable,if somewhat undesired, joy of motoring. I can't see any reason for yours being quite as bad as you describe. Have you any pictures of this damage?

I am sorry to read that you have had some teething problems with the car. However, I would say that your issue with the iPod was a minor issue (in my opinion) and the issue with the seat is annoying but should be easily resolved. I presume that you bought it new? Unfortunately, it is often the are that these types of issues are only unearthed when ownership is received. What were the other issues you have had, aside from the ones i mentioned and the subject of this thread?

A

Anonymous

Yeah i know it looks like the Beginning of star trek........... all them little white dot's :lol: having had 2 red cars before i know the feeling it's the shitey water based paint that all car's are covered in no NO LEAD or chemical's used in the mix now which hardened the paint it's actually not far from the paint quality children use at school same SHIT

FOR A RESPRAY it will cost "£220" a panel from a small body shop larger shop's £300 and after that's done :wtf: then it will look dreadfull in sodium street lighting/sun light been there seen it done...................hence i have a white car now but the undercoat on my rcz is grey which will look white against a red rcz i have 3 stone chips one on the lower front bumper being very noticeable but it's black which will be touched up before going back to the lease company

A

Anonymous

mrizzle said:
I think that RCZ1 said that the paintwork on the RCZ is quite thin in (in some places). I think that stone chips are an unavoidable,if somewhat undesired, joy of motoring. I can't see any reason for yours being quite as bad as you describe. Have you any pictures of this damage?

I am sorry to read that you have had some teething problems with the car. However, I would say that your issue with the iPod was a minor issue (in my opinion) and the issue with the seat is annoying but should be easily resolved. I presume that you bought it new? Unfortunately, it is often the are that these types of issues are only unearthed when ownership is received. What were the other issues you have had, aside from the ones i mentioned and the subject of this thread?

I didn't buy the car new, I have to be honest. But it's still well within its warranty and only 18 months old.

I will try post a picture tomorrow of the stone chips, when it is light. These aren't just the odd regular stone chips associated with normal driving. It's like someone has splashed white paint all over the bumper - it looks horrendous.

The car is going in on Thursday for the seat. And the parking sensors. And an error message about the automatic lights level. And loose armrest (it's squeaky and not stable). And squeaky windows.

A

Anonymous

Here's a photo of the stone chips. Bear in the mind the whole lower part of the bumper is like this, on both sides.

Attachments

• paintchips.jpg
    paintchips.jpg
    250.3 KB · Views: 7,317
A

Anonymous

Willfox1983 said:
mrizzle said:

I didn't buy the car new, I have to be honest. But it's still well within its warranty and only 18 months old.

I will try post a picture tomorrow of the stone chips, when it is light. These aren't just the odd regular stone chips associated with normal driving. It's like someone has splashed white paint all over the bumper - it looks horrendous.

The car is going in on Thursday for the seat. And the parking sensors. And an error message about the automatic lights level. And loose armrest (it's squeaky and not stable). And squeaky windows.

Stone chips are all down to motorway driving mate especially when your driving a hot hatch....... :lol: :lol: Guilty me lud :lol: I had my honda respayed at the front, 2 wing's, bonnet/bumper £600 2 year's ago the guy said we have had a few red honda's in having the same done

A

Anonymous

Willfox1983 said:
Here's a photo of the stone chips. Bear in the mind the whole lower part of the bumper is like this, on both sides.

:( :( :( :( Only way to fix it mate sorry respray or
turtle wax red polish/red crayon can disguise them a little £9.99 halfords try this, then live with it till spring and save up in the mean time for your own fresh paint :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

It is worse than I had anticipated it being. I'm surprised that some of these things weren't flagged up in the service and I would make a point of mentioning that. Unfortunately the stone chips are more down to the road surface than anything and motorway driving the biggest cause as Jassy pointed out. I suppose I would be questioning if it had perhaps been resprayed at some point or that panel replaced and colour matched. Unfortunately, unless the previous owner left any receipts for this work in the manual then there will be no way to know.

A

Anonymous

jassyo06 said:
Willfox1983 said:

:( :( :( :( Only way to fix it mate sorry respray or
turtle wax red polish/red crayon can disguise them a little £9.99 halfords try this, then live with it till spring and save up in the mean time for your own fresh paint :thumbup:

Not good is it mate? All this has happened in 3 weeks. Have had red cars before and they've never looked as bad as this

A

Anonymous

mrizzle said:
It is worse than I had anticipated it being. I'm surprised that some of these things weren't flagged up in the service and I would make a point of mentioning that. Unfortunately the stone chips are more down to the road surface than anything and motorway driving the biggest cause as Jassy pointed out. I suppose I would be questioning if it had perhaps been resprayed at some point or that panel replaced and colour matched. Unfortunately, unless the previous owner left any receipts for this work in the manual then there will be no way to know.

That's an interesting point. I wonder if the previous owner did have it resprayed at some point. There's no way it should chip up this bad after 3 weeks - it looks like I've nose-dived into a gravel pit.

A

Anonymous

Me thinks this car has been ragged to death by the original owner and then a quick botch job to tidy it up. One downside to buying pre used.

A

Anonymous

OO58RON said:
Me thinks this car has been ragged to death by the original owner and then a quick botch job to tidy it up. One downside to buying pre used.

Wish I'd never bought the damn thing now!

A

Anonymous

OO58RON said:

I did buy it from a Peugeot dealership....I wonder if that will help my case at all?

A

Anonymous

I would speak to your dealer and ask if they can do anything. Maybe you could try and get paint readings from that panel and see if it is thinner there than when contrasted with other panels? This might suggest if any cover up work has been done.

A

Anonymous

mrizzle said:
I would speak to your dealer and ask if they can do anything. Maybe you could try and get paint readings from that panel and see if it is thinner there than when contrasted with other panels? This might suggest if any cover up work has been done.

Well it's going to a body shop to have the rear bumper sorted which I bumped against a wall (the parking sensors amazingly didn't pick a wall up!!) so I will ask them to check it out.

A

Anonymous

Willfox1983 said:
OO58RON said:

I did buy it from a Peugeot dealership....I wonder if that will help my case at all?

will all the best mate but there are very few red rcz owners on her apert fea posh AMG Donna :lol: Maybe she can relate to the stone chip problem :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

mrizzle said:
Sounds like a plan! Keep us posted?

Yep will do. Will show them when I drop it off on Thursday for all the other problems. Cheers!

A

Anonymous

jassyo06 said:
Willfox1983 said:
OO58RON said:

will all the best mate but there are very few red rcz owners on her apert fea posh AMG Donna :lol: Maybe she can relate to the stone chip problem :thumbup:

That's why I chose the red, it's the only one I've seen on the road in that colour....I really like it. I don't want to have to respray the bumper every 3 weeks though!